This Is What It's All About....Filthy Lucre

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Attendees to Easter services at EastPoint Christian Church (Portland, ME) gave a special offering of more than $31,500 at the church’s community-wide "Hope Now" celebration. The total amount was donated...

Now multiply that by several thousand and you will see the light

so christians in this church are quite generous means so therefore all Christianity is about filthy lucre? dont quit you day job.

so christians in this church are quite generous means so therefore all Christianity is about filthy lucre? dont quit you day job.
Anybody who doesn't reali e that the church is made up of money grubbers has not worked in the business end of one:

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
Percentage to the Denomination or Convention Headquarters
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

There's precise instructions in Genesis 6 to Noah about the ark but in the entire new testament there's nothing resembling what greedy men have put into practice over the last 2000 years. There are no instructions whatsoever about a church:

Just another proof positive that god was created in man's image and not the other way round:

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

Huh? Do you ever make sense? The fact that you have any pos rep at all is a testimony to the fact that there's a bunch of looney lefties on this board. :lol:

Are you blind or ignorant

I vote for ignorant

About the reputation..............phuck 'em

Anybody who doesn't reali e that the church is made up of money grubbers has not worked in the business end of one:

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

There's precise instructions in Genesis 6 to Noah about the ark but in the entire new testament there's nothing resembling what greedy men have put into practice over the last 2000 years. There are no instructions whatsoever about a church:

Just another proof positive that god was created in man's image and not the other way round:

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

You always brag about how well off you are and how great things are....

CAN'T YOU AFFORD A NEW COMPUTER WITH A "Z" KEY ON IT???? Geesh that's irritating!

Attendees to Easter services at EastPoint Christian Church (Portland, ME) gave a special offering of more than $31,500 at the church’s community-wide "Hope Now" celebration. The total amount was donated...

Is it your money? No. So mind your own fucking business what other people do with their cash. Money grabbing leftist moron.

Is it your money? No. So mind your own fucking business what other people do with their cash. Money grabbing leftist moron.

Think of all the chillun the gubbamint could help with that money!!

It's all fo' da chillun!!

Think of all the chillun the gubbamint could help with that money!!

It's all fo' da chillun!!

Republicans hate da chilllun.

Perhaps I'm missing your point. How is donating to charity "filthy lucre"? The term refers to a shameful or dishonest profit. Giving money to a church that donates that money is dishonest? Perhaps you can amplify your comment for us because I'm not at all clear what you're talking about.

Perhaps I'm missing your point. How is donating to charity "filthy lucre"? The term refers to a shameful or dishonest profit. Giving money to a church that donates that money is dishonest? Perhaps you can amplify your comment for us because I'm not at all clear what you're talking about.

Point?

You think he has a point?

Point?

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that is naive of me but let's see if he responds with logic and reason.

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

You always brag about how well off you are and how great things are....

CAN'T YOU AFFORD A NEW COMPUTER WITH A "Z" KEY ON IT???? Geesh that's irritating!

I have three computers networked(Home Grouped) together. The two desk tops have high resolution monitors and I run Windows 7 on everything. I prefer using the lap top because it's wireless and very handy for me. If the absence of a ee and a question mark and their upper case characters annoys you.........GOOD!

I never said I was "Well Off." those are your words. My wife and I are comfortable and don't want for anything. Things ARE great!

Last edited:

Point?

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that is naive of me but let's see if he responds with logic and reason.

It's naive. But I respect your desire to try.

Donating to Charity......ROTFLMAO!!!

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

And if you would like to include the Vatican add their hundreds of billions of dollars of fine art and hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold and treasures that's even worse

Church is a load of horse shit devised by man to get their hands into honest, working people's pockets...honest, well meaning people who were brainwashed during their childhood.

Without the fact that each generation has brainwashed the next with that ancient god worship for milleniums the church couldn't draw a crowd when the circus is in town.

Last edited:

Donating to Charity......ROTFLMAO!!!

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

And if you would like to include the Vatican add their hundreds of billions of dollars of fine art and hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold and treasures that's even worse

Church is a load of horse shit devised by man to get their hands into honest, working people's pockets...honest, well meaning people who were brainwashed during their childhood.

Without the fact that each generation has brainwashed the next with that ancient god worship for milleniums the church couldn't draw a crowd when the circus is in town.

And this is your business..... why exactly?

No one tells you how to spend your money. So explain what gives you the right to whine about how they spend theirs?

I am not surprised that you're a rabid lefty.... you have no concept of personal responsibility. Everything is your business.... it isn't.

Forum List

Back