Was the 2012 Election a Watershed Moment in U.S. History?

Interesting

Who did you prefer over either Obama or Romney?

What part of "Romney stole the nomination from Ron Paul" didn't you understand?

Ron Paul?

That is even more bizarre than saying Obama stole the election from Romney

Ron Paul couldn't even get Republicans to vote for him

Oh Lord...............pathetic.

You seemed to be in the dark about who he supported and I tried to point out obviously Ron Paul.

Have your nurse slap you for me.

No flames, please. I am just wondering how you see this election from an historical perspective. Does it signal a fundamental change in the relationship between our government and people and if so, in what direction are we headed? Will we remain the world's economic superpower? Will our debt become an albatross around our necks? Will religion still play an important role in our national identity? Where do you see us in 50 years?

It sure as hell was a watershed moment.The worst momenet in american history elections.The proof is in the pudding that we dont elect these people,that they are selected for us and put into office by the establishment.

They did not care if Obama got re relected or if Romney got in as long as it was one of those two because neither believe in the constitution and are both funded by the zionists and wall street here to serve them instead of us which is why our corrupt court system thoughout the lawsuit delegates of Romneys had who were being forced to be delegates of his instead of Pauls like they wanted to be and why the RNC made last minute rule changes at the convention sabotoging ron pauls strategy for delegates.

Because of that since we were going to be stuck with ONE of these clowns as the new president,im glad Obama was the one that got reelected since Romney stold the nomination from Paul.Paul didnt quit either this time,He was there till the end.

Interesting

thanks for proving you have reading comprehension problems agent Rightwinger.I made myself perfectly clear but of course you could not understand it because of your reading comprehension problems.

No suprise.they pick and pay you agents for a reason.

Last edited:
It sure as hell was a watershed moment.The worst momenet in american history elections.The proof is in the pudding that we dont elect these people,that they are selected for us and put into office by the establishment.

They did not care if Obama got re relected or if Romney got in as long as it was one of those two because neither believe in the constitution and are both funded by the zionists and wall street here to serve them instead of us which is why our corrupt court system thoughout the lawsuit delegates of Romneys had who were being forced to be delegates of his instead of Pauls like they wanted to be and why the RNC made last minute rule changes at the convention sabotoging ron pauls strategy for delegates.

Because of that since we were going to be stuck with ONE of these clowns as the new president,im glad Obama was the one that got reelected since Romney stold the nomination from Paul.Paul didnt quit either this time,He was there till the end.

Interesting

What part of "Romney stole the nomination from Ron Paul" didn't you understand?

Im glad you noticed it as well that agent Rightwinger has reading comprehension problems.:lmao: no surprise whatsoever a post like that would be made from HIM.:D

Not watershed

Just another run of the mill butt kicking by the Dems

rw's seem to forget that they have lost the last 5 out of 6 presidential elections. The last time a R won the presidency without a Nixon or a Bush running was 84 years ago. Even though the rw's seem to be in a state of terminal shock and apoplexy, this election is nothing new.

Fact is, the GObP/pubpots are a dying breed and they've been giving their last gasp for quite some time now.

And THAT is exactly as it should be.

Otherwise, they would take the whole country down with them.

No flames, please. I am just wondering how you see this election from an historical perspective. Does it signal a fundamental change in the relationship between our government and people and if so, in what direction are we headed? Will we remain the world's economic superpower? Will our debt become an albatross around our necks? Will religion still play an important role in our national identity? Where do you see us in 50 years?

everybody else who has posted on here I will read what they have to say in reply to this except agent Rightwingers because of the obvious reason I just stated. this election reminds me of the 92 election,the establishment did not care if Bush got re elected or if Clinton was the new president because they knew they were both willing puppets of the establishment there to serve wall street and the zionists instead of us.

They did not care if either of them got in because they were both in favor of NAFTA which took away millions of our jobs overseas to China.Perot was against NAFTA so as long as he did not get in and one of them did they were happy.

History again repeated itself as long as Obama or Romney got in,they were happy.Perot just like Paul is also not a member of that evil organization the CFR so like I just said,history again is repeating itself.Unless you are a mmember of that evil organization,you cannot become president.Romney,Obama,Clinton and Bush are all members unlike Perot and Paul. thats a fact agent Rightwinger cant get around.anything that proves his ramblings wrong,he ignores.

That's always the excuse by the right while the left always says their message didn't get out to the people.

There's really no further excuse needed for the Right in this election than the weakness of Romney as a candidate. He was horrible at running his campaign and managed to botch every opportunity handed to him.

Obama SHOULD NOT HAVE WON RE-ELECTION any more than GWB should have. Both were extremely weak incumbents with terrible polling among the electorate. The reasons both won were:

1. They were incumbents. It's hard to unseat a sitting President.
2. Kerry and Romney were Massachusetts liberals that ran horrible campaigns.

Maybe the two parties will stop picking candidates from Massachusetts.

I think Kerry and Romney lost because they had r's in their names.

maybe people dont like people that are so rich they have someone lay out their underwear for them every day.......... just sayin.....

Posts I am most aligned with:

rightwinger
2012 was watershed in that it saved Obamacare and prevented the Conservatives from stacking the Supreme Court

francoHFW
Saved O-care, ending 30 years of Voodoo giveaway to the rich, ruin of the nonrich and the country-. 2014 will prove it so, then maybe the victorious Dems can bring back the Fairness Doctrine and end BS propaganda that's ruining the dupes and political discourse.

francoHFW
I really believe we're back on track for the first time since 1968, and even 1963 in some ways- moral leadership, the Great Society, and all that...

boedicca
This election was a watershed because it proved that those who take from the government in one form of another now officially outnumber those who produce.
(This is a truth that needs to be turned around as alluded to in francoHFW's post directly preceding. Not sure how boedicca meant it.)

Sallow
1. Yes. And we are probably headed toward a more realistic approach to the world.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Yes.
5. A beacon for good governance, human rights and responsible stewardship of the planet.
(Number one is think is the most significant answer from the questions given. Debt is going to be as serious drag just as any family who has come to the realization it is time to pay off the debt suffers very noticeably.)

One I kind of agree with but is the reason I am making a post in the first place.
JoeB131
I see 2008 as the watershed, not 2012. 2012 just reaffirmed what we voted for in 008.
As far as out status as a nation, countries are becoming less and less important in a globalized world.
(Without 2012 2008 would be washed away, with Mitt is would be expunged from all recorded history. 2012 is the booster stage that gets the rocket into orbit. 2014 is very important and maybe even necessary for ultimate success. I think many of us, myself included, may have voted in 2010 but did not put enough into the overall success of the midterms, won't make that mistake again.)

2012 is a watershed moment in the history of mankind in that it is a new technological era. Whether we destroy Frankenstein or make him into a more beautiful person is our challenge of the day. I believe Obama is the most perfect person, as imperfect as he may be :eusa_angel:, for this moment. We face either the Renaissance or we face the Dark Ages. I think it no less of a challenge. Things will not happen just because 'they were meant to be.' They will happen because of the choices we make. I pray we pass this trial with honor.

For the love of God...what makes Barack Obama "the most perfect person...for this moment"? I'm totally baffled when progressives repeat this belief. What is it that Barry has done that makes you think he's in any way competent to handle even minor challenges let alone the major ones we now face.

He's the guy that voted "Present" all those times in the Illinois State Senate...the guy who was a mediocre lawyer...the guy who was a non-entity as a professor...the guy who was a complete failure at writing legislation that was passable. I'm sorry, Empty...but when I refer to Barack Obama as the Paris Hilton of politics I'm really not kidding. He's famous but he's done NOTHING his entire adult life that warrants that fame. He's a man who took being elected the first black President of the Harvard Law Review and milked that "gift" for a subsequent lifetime of show jobs. He was given a Nobel Peace Prize for just showing up at the White House! I have to shake my head in amazement at this belief by people like yourself that Barack Obama is somehow "special". He's really not...

What makes Obama "the most perfect person...for this moment" is the FACT that he is totally immune any criticism, because any criticism of Obama is automatically RACIST.

This President may be caught on tape raping a five year old boy, his admirers would just blame Bush and Fox News and happily vote for him again. And again. And again.

Posts I am most aligned with:

rightwinger
2012 was watershed in that it saved Obamacare and prevented the Conservatives from stacking the Supreme Court

francoHFW
Saved O-care, ending 30 years of Voodoo giveaway to the rich, ruin of the nonrich and the country-. 2014 will prove it so, then maybe the victorious Dems can bring back the Fairness Doctrine and end BS propaganda that's ruining the dupes and political discourse.

francoHFW
I really believe we're back on track for the first time since 1968, and even 1963 in some ways- moral leadership, the Great Society, and all that...

boedicca
This election was a watershed because it proved that those who take from the government in one form of another now officially outnumber those who produce.
(This is a truth that needs to be turned around as alluded to in francoHFW's post directly preceding. Not sure how boedicca meant it.)

Sallow
1. Yes. And we are probably headed toward a more realistic approach to the world.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Yes.
5. A beacon for good governance, human rights and responsible stewardship of the planet.
(Number one is think is the most significant answer from the questions given. Debt is going to be as serious drag just as any family who has come to the realization it is time to pay off the debt suffers very noticeably.)

One I kind of agree with but is the reason I am making a post in the first place.
JoeB131
I see 2008 as the watershed, not 2012. 2012 just reaffirmed what we voted for in 008.
As far as out status as a nation, countries are becoming less and less important in a globalized world.
(Without 2012 2008 would be washed away, with Mitt is would be expunged from all recorded history. 2012 is the booster stage that gets the rocket into orbit. 2014 is very important and maybe even necessary for ultimate success. I think many of us, myself included, may have voted in 2010 but did not put enough into the overall success of the midterms, won't make that mistake again.)

2012 is a watershed moment in the history of mankind in that it is a new technological era. Whether we destroy Frankenstein or make him into a more beautiful person is our challenge of the day. I believe Obama is the most perfect person, as imperfect as he may be :eusa_angel:, for this moment. We face either the Renaissance or we face the Dark Ages. I think it no less of a challenge. Things will not happen just because 'they were meant to be.' They will happen because of the choices we make. I pray we pass this trial with honor.

For the love of God...what makes Barack Obama "the most perfect person...for this moment"? I'm totally baffled when progressives repeat this belief. What is it that Barry has done that makes you think he's in any way competent to handle even minor challenges let alone the major ones we now face.

He's the guy that voted "Present" all those times in the Illinois State Senate...the guy who was a mediocre lawyer...the guy who was a non-entity as a professor...the guy who was a complete failure at writing legislation that was passable. I'm sorry, Empty...but when I refer to Barack Obama as the Paris Hilton of politics I'm really not kidding. He's famous but he's done NOTHING his entire adult life that warrants that fame. He's a man who took being elected the first black President of the Harvard Law Review and milked that "gift" for a subsequent lifetime of show jobs. He was given a Nobel Peace Prize for just showing up at the White House! I have to shake my head in amazement at this belief by people like yourself that Barack Obama is somehow "special". He's really not...

What makes Obama "the most perfect person...for this moment" is the FACT that he is totally immune any criticism, because any criticism of Obama is automatically RACIST.

This President may be caught on tape raping a five year old boy, his admirers would just blame Bush and Fox News and happily vote for him again. And again. And again.

What was I thinking? Romney and the neocon posse would be so much better. :eusa_eh:

Republicans put republicans in the house in 2010 and they did it based a 'moral' agenda. It had nothing to do with economic or foreign policy.

Yell at me over on 'what the GOP should do' thread. It will be much more fruitful. After all for the Love of God be fruitful and multiply. OK, we're going to skip that second one. :eusa_eh:

I'm an agnostic, Empty...who is pro-choice, has no problem with same sex marriage or gun controls on assault weapons...I didn't vote for Mitt Romney because I'm some far right "zealot"...I voted for him because in my opinion he had the skills to do the job of President. I didn't vote for Barack Obama in either 2008 or in this last election because I don't think he has ever had a plan to fix things like the economy or joblessness.

I don't cast my vote based on vague promises...I cast my vote on a person's past history of accomplishment. Barack Obama has no such history...I'm sorry but he doesn't. He'll fail in his second term just as he did in this first term simply because he doesn't know what he's doing and he's surrounded himself with people just like himself that also don't know what they are doing.

Off topic but wonder if going back through American history if there is a certain profession or characteristic that foretells a great president.

I would say that NO person with legal background should ever be considered for any political office, let alone the presidency.

The more the main stream media coddles, slobbers over and protects a presidential contender, the worse that contender will prove to be when elected.

Conversely, the the more maim stream media denigrates, ridicules and bashes a presidential candidate, the greater that contender will prove to be when elected.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

2008 was indeed a watershed moment in US History as we elected our first black president. It is a moment that all schoolchildren will be required to memorize.

2012 is just a continuation of the historic Obama Presidency

Another proof that Democrats piss on the grave of Martin Luther King Jr. by placing the color of skin ahead of content of character.

2008 was indeed a watershed moment in US History as we elected our first black president. It is a moment that all schoolchildren will be required to memorize.

Another proof that Democrats piss on the grave of Martin Luther King Jr. by placing the color of skin ahead of content of character.

MLK is honored for his race also

Nobody would be more pleased by the Obama presidency than Dr King

As a conservative I honor Martin Luther King Jr. for his struggle and sacrifice for equality for all. I would so honor him if he were blue, purple, yellow or striped like zebra or spotted like Dalmation.

You show how much you honor him by being too lazy to devote a few more key strokes to spell out fully the name of one of the greatest men in the last century.

I honor him for his race, too. I hear often enough that there is only one race, the human race.

When you honor him for his race, it is obvious that you would not honor him or anyone else like him whose skin was not black.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would shudder at the character or more correctly, the lack thereof of Barack Hussain Obama.

As a conservative I honor Martin Luther King Jr. for his struggle and sacrifice for equality for all. I would so honor him if he were blue, purple, yellow or striped like zebra or spotted like Dalmation.

You show how much you honor him by being too lazy to devote a few more key strokes to spell out fully the name of one of the greatest men in the last century.

I honor him for his race, too. I hear often enough that there is only one race, the human race.

When you honor him for his race, it is obvious that you would not honor him or anyone else like him whose skin was not black.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would shudder at the character or more correctly, the lack thereof of Barack Hussain Obama.

Actually, it was attitudes like yours that Dr King fought so hard against.

It is obscene how you abuse Dr Kings message to fit your twisted view of race.

You are fooling nobody

There's really no further excuse needed for the Right in this election than the weakness of Romney as a candidate. He was horrible at running his campaign and managed to botch every opportunity handed to him.

Obama SHOULD NOT HAVE WON RE-ELECTION any more than GWB should have. Both were extremely weak incumbents with terrible polling among the electorate. The reasons both won were:

1. They were incumbents. It's hard to unseat a sitting President.
2. Kerry and Romney were Massachusetts liberals that ran horrible campaigns.

Maybe the two parties will stop picking candidates from Massachusetts.

I think Kerry and Romney lost because they had r's in their names.

maybe people dont like people that are so rich they have someone lay out their underwear for them every day.......... just sayin.....

Sort of the way Obama does.

The other day Romney was seen pumping his own gas.

When was the last time Obama has pumped his own gas?

This year it took $1.4 B to take care of Mr. Obama........the Queen's entire fam only needs $57 mil for their entire clan. The whole house of Windsor.

Now who do you think is getting his undies laid out for him?

6a00d8341c730253ef017d3dfd2381970c-800wi

Last edited:
Not watershed

rw's seem to forget that they have lost the last 5 out of 6 presidential elections. The last time a R won the presidency without a Nixon or a Bush running was 84 years ago. Even though the rw's seem to be in a state of terminal shock and apoplexy, this election is nothing new.

Fact is, the GObP/pubpots are a dying breed and they've been giving their last gasp for quite some time now.

The Republicans lost the last 5 out of 6 Presidential elections? Let's see...Barack Obama...Barack Obama...George W. Bush...George W. Bush...Bill Clinton...Bill Clinton.

Not your most intelligent post, Luddly...

Not watershed

The Republicans lost the last 5 out of 6 Presidential elections? Let's see...Barack Obama...Barack Obama...George W. Bush...George W. Bush...Bill Clinton...Bill Clinton.

Not your most intelligent post, Luddly...

Bush lost in 2000. The election was stolen. Deal with it.

The only one they won was 2004, where you had an incumbant who stole it last time, a bad challenger,a good economy and we were in the middle of a war. And he STILL only barely won.

Forum List

Back