Was the 2012 Election a Watershed Moment in U.S. History?

2008 was indeed a watershed moment in US History as we elected our first black president. It is a moment that all schoolchildren will be required to memorize.

2012 is just a continuation of the historic Obama Presidency

I agree with the number of governors. Sorry not to be more familiar with you, our paths have not crossed much I guess, did/does Obama fit your metrics, within the bell curve you might say.

No. But Romney really didn't either. The campaign and how it is run actually tells you a lot about the candidate. Obama ran a fairly awesome campaign in 2008, but unfortunately didn't make the transition to governing well. I'd have voted against him, but Romney ran a terrible campaign.

If you can't run a campaign, you've got no shot at being capable of governing. Campaigns require a coordinated team effort and the ability to prioritize and use resources well. The reelection should be about showcasing how well you transitioned from campaign mode to governing mode.

Romney basically proved he didn't have the skill set to do the job by running one of the most inept campaigns I've seen in my lifetime. I ended up giving Obama a second chance at transitioning to governing because of that.

Monday morning Quarterbacking.

If he had won everyone would have said it was pure genius.

You talk as if the Dems didn't cheat.

I read an article the other day about a guy who's retarded brother was home for Thanksgiving from his usual assisted living arrangements.

Out of the clear blue his brother says "Obama's going to save me".

Now why would he say that?

Because one of the Democrat party's representatives showed up at their facility and offered to give all of the mentally handicapped a ride to the polls. Course while they were driving there somebody was instructing them on the proper way to vote, which is against the law.

History will show that it was the Republicans who cheated in 2012

Blocking voter registrations, imposing more red tape, challenging voters at the polling sites, blocking early voting, creating voting lines that were hours long

All in the name of democracy

No, in an attempt to run an honest election. If you make it harder to cheat you're not suppressing the vote.

Who decided to have early voting in Ohio so Obama could stuff the ballot box? Who came up with same-day registration making it harder to prevent cheaters? Who used discrimination as a bogus argument in court simply to tie up new tougher I.D. laws from going into effect?

And to get off the subject, who thinks it's okay to be $16 trillion in debt but pay 40 times as much as the entire British Royal family to house and cart around the planet on shopping trips and vacations the president and his family. $1.4 billion for Obama as opposed to $57 million for the entire house of Windsor.

Bullshit

Republicans kept away more legitimate voters than catch voters cheating

Rampant election fraud by Republicans

And to get off the subject, who thinks it's okay to be $16 trillion in debt but pay 40 times as much as the entire British Royal family to house and cart around the planet on shopping trips and vacations the president and his family. $1.4 billion for Obama as opposed to $57 million for the entire house of Windsor

Total Rightwing bullshit

The British monarchy are mere pets maintained for the amusement of the British people. They have no formal role in Government and keep the money they are provided

The Presidency is the entire Executive Branch of government and is required to maintain a complete staff

2008 was indeed a watershed moment in US History as we elected our first black president. It is a moment that all schoolchildren will be required to memorize.

Oh, Jesus fucken Christ.

Why don't you and your savior get a room.

You are a fool if you do not believe the Obama Presidency is historic

"Get a Brain Moran"

History will show that it was the Republicans who cheated in 2012

Blocking voter registrations, imposing more red tape, challenging voters at the polling sites, blocking early voting, creating voting lines that were hours long

All in the name of democracy

No, in an attempt to run an honest election. If you make it harder to cheat you're not suppressing the vote.

Who decided to have early voting in Ohio so Obama could stuff the ballot box? Who came up with same-day registration making it harder to prevent cheaters? Who used discrimination as a bogus argument in court simply to tie up new tougher I.D. laws from going into effect?

And to get off the subject, who thinks it's okay to be $16 trillion in debt but pay 40 times as much as the entire British Royal family to house and cart around the planet on shopping trips and vacations the president and his family. $1.4 billion for Obama as opposed to $57 million for the entire house of Windsor.

Bullshit

Republicans kept away more legitimate voters than catch voters cheating

Rampant election fraud by Republicans

I think your condition is beginning to go to your head.

And to get off the subject, who thinks it's okay to be $16 trillion in debt but pay 40 times as much as the entire British Royal family to house and cart around the planet on shopping trips and vacations the president and his family. $1.4 billion for Obama as opposed to $57 million for the entire house of Windsor

Total Rightwing bullshit

The British monarchy are mere pets maintained for the amusement of the British people. They have no formal role in Government and keep the money they are provided

The Presidency is the entire Executive Branch of government and is required to maintain a complete staff

Which requires a man on 24 hour standby in case Obama gets up at 2am and wants to watch a movie. Does is sound reasonable to pay $1.4 billion to make sure Obama can watch "To Kill A Mockingbird" any time he wants?

If so than shut your yap about taxing the rich because your bitching rights over the rich are gone.

Last edited:

Total Rightwing bullshit

Which requires a man on 24 hour standby in case Obama gets up at 2am and wants to watch a movie. Does is sound reasonable to pay $1.4 billion to make sure Obama can watch "To Kill A Mockingbird" any time he wants?

If so than shut your yap about taxing the rich because your bitching rights gone.

link to $1.4 billion movie guy

Oh, Jesus fucken Christ.

Why don't you and your savior get a room.

You are a fool if you do not believe the Obama Presidency is historic

"Get a Brain Moran"

Sure, a day that will live in infamy.

Total Rightwing bullshit

If so than shut your yap about taxing the rich because your bitching rights gone.

Part of the "full staff" you suggested. It's all part of the package according to you.

Not my fault you fell into a hole of your own making.

If you think such extravagance is warranted then you lost your right to complain about the rich.

Part of the "full staff" you suggested. It's all part of the package according to you.

If you think such extravagance is warranted then you lost your right to complain about the rich.

Your $1.4 Billion includes the entire White House Executive Branch staff and you try to sell them as personal servants

What a hack you are

"to house and cart around the planet on shopping trips and vacations the president and his family. $1.4 billion for Obama"

Absolutely ridiculous, brainwashed Pub dupe. LOL!

Your $1.4 Billion includes the entire White House Executive Branch staff and you try to sell them as personal servants

What a hack you are

The White House staff vs the entire British Royal family?

It's a matter of perspective. 40 times as much to take care of 4 people as the entire monarchy of England.

A bit much, don't you think?

No of course not.

"to house and cart around the planet on shopping trips and vacations the president and his family. $1.4 billion for Obama"

They heard in on Foxnews....it must be true

What a hack you are

The White House staff vs the entire British Royal family?

It's a matter of perspective. 40 times as much to take care of 4 people as the entire monarchy of England.

A bit much, don't you think?

No of course not.

Still waiting for your link to the $1.4 billion movie guy

Or any link that supports your bullshit...Why not just admit you are lying

I wouldn't say watershed, in the sense that the usual supporters on each side pretty much stuck with the status quo. The repub candidate provided an easy target to demagogue and the democrats spent gobs of money to do exactly that. And of course they had a helpful media to further their chances.

I remember back in the 80s when people were saying the liberal progressives were a vanishing breed; but a 3rd party candidate (Perot) gave Clinton a pathway to victory, and the Iraq war lead to the rise of Barack Obama. So far, his policies have not been terribly successful, so even though he was re-elected it might prove difficult for the dems to keep the WH in 2016 if the GOP runs a better nominee.

Really, gobs of money? $1.83 per voter by the Obama campaign. $6.35 per voter by the Romney campaign.

That's pure fiction.

The 2012 Money Race: Compare the Candidates - NYTimes.com

They heard in on Foxnews....it must be true

And again the mad scramble to provide cover for a losing argument by blaming Fox.

The problem is spending. There has been no effort to cut spending by this president and this example illustrates it.

If the Queen doesn't live as well as Obama what does that say about spending in Washington. Used to be the White House was the people's house, but now it's become Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and every other castle the Queen owns and then some.

Forum List

Back