Zone1 Was Segregationist Bull Connor A Racist?

So was he racist?

• Total voters
Wrong. The fact you bring up life experence shows that racism is learned.
I agree its learned... never said it wasn't... all I'm saying is there are no perfect people on earth and we all hold prejudices...
That's what life does to us and its our job to not allow it to effect how we deal with each other... some are very good at that and some are not....

Why? Why not?

Bull Connor - Wikipedia was a historical figure that is useful for examination as to not let history repeat itself.
Today He would love the blacks only graduations on college campuses

Safe spaces

What would the world do without blacks ...besides not skip a beat
I mean without blacks the bicycle lock and burgler alarm would of never been invented

Today He would love the blacks only graduations on college campuses

Safe spaces

What would the world do without blacks ...besides not skip a beat
I mean without blacks the bicycle lock and burgler alarm would of never been invented
Why do you think that?

"I believe that you could count the number of people in both the democratic and republican parties in the 1860s who believed in racial equality without taking off your shoes. Essentially no one believed that black, brown, red or yellow people were equal to whites. But you refuse to admit that because it would make your endless rants about how racist whites are meaningless. Whites have come a long way since the civil war. White attitudes are far more open about racial equality than in those days. Do some whites dislike blacks? Of course, just like some blacks dislike whites. No one can mandate the opinions of people; we can just control their actions in violation of laws. It's not illegal to think someone is a piece of crap, it's only illegal to act on that opinion if they are a member of a protected class."

And there are whites who are still acting on that opinion. You are one of them. Coming a long way is not ending the behavior. I get tired of whites telling me how far things have come. They have not come far enough.
Bullshit, stop calling me a racist. Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t make me a racist, I treat everyone the same regardless of race, religion or nationality. In the neighborhood I grew up in racists didn’t survive to grow up. I absolutely know, deep down in my bones. that good or evil doesn’t depend on skin color. It’s a lesson you should learn from me. My disdain for you is based upon your utterances and attitudes that you openly express.

True enough for sure... but I'm talking about people and their feelings towards others different from themselves... they can say they are not racist all day long it doesn't make it true... serving in the USMC as long as I did allowed me to make friends from all walks of life and I'm here to tell you no one is different when it comes to prejudicial thinking....

There are two basic forms of racism. One is simply an extension of any regular person's distrust of "other". The other is actual active, intentional racism. The first is human nature but can be controlled, because for most people it isn't a controlling factor in their lives. The 2nd, while something detestable to most, is the cost of a free society. As long as they don't break the rules of society, they can keep their issues to themselves or amongst their friends, and we suffer their existence.

Was it a belief or was it a fact, what whites were doing to him and Black Americans across the country, for centuries already at that point.

It was happening, and because of it he was racist against whites.

Why? Why not?

Bull Connor - Wikipedia was a historical figure that is useful for examination as to not let history repeat itself.

Bull Connor was a doctrinaire ultraliberal. Stirring up shit between the races is what those people like to do.

Its just easier to rile up division and hate, instead of talking about the issues. Especially when your "issue" is the redistribution of finite goods and services.

YES.

Commissioner Connor was a "racist" by today's general definition.

Of course, I do not know what was in his mind.

But I assume that he believed that the two most numerous ethnicities in the country (at that time) would both be better off if they lived separately from each other.

YES.

Commissioner Connor was a "racist" by today's general definition.

Of course, I do not know what was in his mind.

But I assume that he believed that the two most numerous ethnicities in the country (at that time) would both be better off if they lived separately from each other.
What do you think is "today's general definition" of "racist?"

What do you think is "today's general definition" of "racist?"
Someone who automatically dislikes someone because of that person's skin color or eye shape.

For example, those persons who automatically attack an Asian.

Someone who automatically dislikes someone because of that person's skin color or eye shape.

For example, those persons who automatically attack an Asian.
I don't know where you got that definition from, nor do I know anyone who uses whatever that is to define racism.

However, this is what's meant by the term....

Your definition is, quite literally, made up.

There are two basic forms of racism. One is simply an extension of any regular person's distrust of "other". The other is actual active, intentional racism. The first is human nature but can be controlled, because for most people it isn't a controlling factor in their lives. The 2nd, while something detestable to most, is the cost of a free society. As long as they don't break the rules of society, they can keep their issues to themselves or amongst their friends, and we suffer their existence.
Distrust of others is pushed by Hollywood and the media and our political class... they use it as a way to keep us divided and easy to rule over.... They stopped using religion to control us so they had to replace it with something...

Was it racist for blacks to own white slaves ?

Being pro Slavery or segregation doesn’t make one a racist rather a man of their time. There is more to this topic than simplistic answers.

Lester Maddox helped poor blacks and had black employees and he supported segregation.

Some 20th century Black Americans supported segregation and the return to Africa idea.

Distrust of others is pushed by Hollywood and the media and our political class... they use it as a way to keep us divided and easy to rule over.... They stopped using religion to control us so they had to replace it with something...

Distrust or suspicion of things not the same as you are is human nature.

Balkanization is what is pushed by the elites, taking that mistrust and then ranking the mistrusted and mistrust-ees on who's biases are better than the other's biases.

Forum List

Back