Was Obama's mother white?

Sure I am proud of my Irish side, I like to think I drink like an Irish man and dance like one but at the same time if I went into a local Irish-American group and tried to say I would Irish most people there would laugh and think I am crazy, if you are half Black the black genes are usually dominant and most people who don't know you will treat you as a regular black guy, they don't care to know just how Black you are. Trust me I have lived through this my whole life, when people see me and my mother they are stunned to know we are related.

Have you ever tried it? Maybe the older folks would laugh and all but the under 30 crowd? I just don't think race is a big deal . . .or at least, I don't see what the big deal about race is.

I bet they'd be happy to include you if you could demonstrate your heritage.

I'm a Mick by marriage and Irish on my mom's side . . .

They'd think I was crazy no matter what. lol

Neither one of you answered my question. Just because your skin is black doesn't change the fact that your are both bi-racial. Don't you have any pride or connection to your non-black half? Zona, why do you refer to your dad as Italian rather than white?

So what's a person who is say half white half Asian? Asian if those features are dominant, white if they're not?

I don't get it. If I were bi-racial I'd be bi-racial, regardless of how the packaging looked.

Sure I am proud of my Irish side, I like to think I drink like an Irish man and dance like one but at the same time if I went into a local Irish-American group and tried to say I would Irish most people there would laugh and think I am crazy, if you are half Black the black genes are usually dominant and most people who don't know you will treat you as a regular black guy, they don't care to know just how Black you are. Trust me I have lived through this my whole life, when people see me and my mother they are stunned to know we are related.

Have you ever tried it? Maybe the older folks would laugh and all but the under 30 crowd? I just don't think race is a big deal . . .or at least, I don't see what the big deal about race is.

I appreciate your objective posts on this subject, to be honest I am sick of dealing with racism and I would like for people to judged on their own merit rather than their skin color.

What did you mean by "it is easier to call someone a racist than confront their valid challenge to the president's positions".

I dont know any other way to read it but you are agreeing with his claims of "race Card" use.

If you agree that the ONLY reason people claim racism against the president is to use it falsely to avoid questions about his policies than that is blatent racism.

I meant that for some people its easier to just say "your being racist" than it is to actually confront what the other person in a discussion is saying.

That isn't me saying that no one who opposes the president does so because of racism. It is me saying some people that claim racism do so when there is none present in an effort to not address a challenge to their positions.

So yes I do agree with the idea that when some people use the race card they are doing so dishonestly. I also agree that some people who oppose the president are shallow enough to do so based on race alone.

I never spoke in absolute terms of ONLY, ALL, EVERY in this thread until this very sentence where I say never ;).

Oh I see NOW its SOME.

Have you ever seen a real case of someone treating our present president in a racist manner?

I have seen plenty and they are all DENIED by the right and called "pulling the race card" like this was some damned game that balck people play.

The right seems to think that black people are nothing but liars when it comes to pointing out prejudice.

Funny coming from a party that can not muster anything but a smattering of votes from black people.

Next time dont back up a racists statements.

Again you are wrong. I never said it wasn't some people, you made that assumption and then attributed the assumption to me when I never made such a statement.

And, as I said all along, I wasn't backing up a racist statement I was answering the 2 questions of the original post.

Stop being a hack.

I appreciate your objective posts on this subject, to be honest I am sick of dealing with racism and I would like for people to judged on their own merit rather than their skin color.

:clap2: :clap2: That's what I was trying to say!

:clap2: :clap2: That's what I was trying to say!

I think that is what most of us were saying before people like TM just said "your racist" without reading first ;)

To me those who try and use the race card against the right are indeed the actual racist , they look at Obama as a black man just because the of the color of his skin and use that fact to try and shame anybody into submission who opposes his policies.

If he wasn't Obama the president, but obama the guy who robbed you at gun point how would you describe him to the police?

Mullota!(SP)?

Yes Obama's mother was "white"
It is easier to call someone a racist than confront their valid challenge to the president's positions.

Any other questions?

What did you mean by "it is easier to call someone a racist than confront their valid challenge to the president's positions".

I dont know any other way to read it but you are agreeing with his claims of "race Card" use.

If you agree that the ONLY reason people claim racism against the president is to use it falsely to avoid questions about his policies than that is blatent racism.

I don't think anyone is saying it's the only reason, but it's the primary way people avoid making an actual argument. When someone doesn't say anything remotely related to race and the response is an accusation of racism, most of the time they are creating the only argument they think they can win.

Just as I'm sure the ONLY reason you don't respond to my earlier post is because I haven't "documented" my claims, even though some of them have been circulating for years and it's hard to believe someone so concerned with racism isn't aware of them.

The race card as it pertains to Obama is a cheap way of avoiding the fact that this presidency has been an enormous failure, the polices people such as yourself said would "save the country" are dragging it farther down, and it's a touchy enough subject a lot of people will avoid it. I guess that makes you at least feel like you've accomplished something.

Your point is a good point that's well taken, MoistTrout. Moreover, the people who are willing and eager to give Obama a free pass at every turn are really no different than the people who made excuses for G. W. Bush at every turn, either.

To me those who try and use the race card against the right are indeed the actual racist , they look at Obama as a black man just because the of the color of his skin and use that fact to try and shame anybody into submission who opposes his policies.

If he wasn't Obama the president, but obama the guy who robbed you at gun point how would you describe him to the police?

Tall, dark and handsome. *I'm short, so I'd probably describe his belt buckle in great detail*

Forum List

Back