Was Obama's mother white?

Carmelo Anthony is biracial
carmelo-anthony-knicks.jpg

Is that why part of his arm is white?

LOL no, his mother is Puerto Rican.

that does not work.

many US american blacks are multi-racial.

they were labelled black regardless of their white father, grandfather, whatever.

they LOOKED or LOOK black.

if obama tried to present himself as NOT black, but bi-racial, that would not fly with racists at all.

so the race card and the race card card can be used anyway.

100% on point. I am in exactly the same predicament as Obama and I never considered myself half Italian. I am black. Period. When racists/republicans/and everyone else see Obama, believe me, they dont think he is half white. They see him as a black man. Which he is.

Are his children wrong for saying they are black as well? At what point does that end?

LOLOLOL.

Hey racists...if a "half black" man was dating your daughter, would you say he was half white or would you call him something else? That is your test here.

I answered this earlier . . . he'd be bi-racial no matter how much he claimed he wasn't.

In my previous answer I also asked you . . . why do you refer to your parents as mom is black and dad is Italian? Italian is a nationality not a race. And although you self-identify as black in reality you are both black and white (Italian). I don't understand why you wouldn't be proud of being both. :confused:

Because I was riased in West Philly...Deep west philly. Mantua projects and then Pascal Projects. There was NOTHING italian about my upbringing. I know nothing of South Philly...(lol)

To even hint I was anything other than black when and where I grew up is laughable. Again, if you described me to the police, you would not say he was a half white gentleman...you would say black. Stop kidding yourself.

There is nothing wrong with Obama or myself saying we are black. We are. For a bi racial person (black mixed with whatever) to not say he is black is a joke. A joke to us and and joke to racists.

Am I supposed to go to a KKK or RNC meeting and say I am one of you? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
100% on point. I am in exactly the same predicament as Obama and I never considered myself half Italian. I am black. Period. When racists/republicans/and everyone else see Obama, believe me, they dont think he is half white. They see him as a black man. Which he is.

Are his children wrong for saying they are black as well? At what point does that end?

LOLOLOL.

Hey racists...if a "half black" man was dating your daughter, would you say he was half white or would you call him something else? That is your test here.

I answered this earlier . . . he'd be bi-racial no matter how much he claimed he wasn't.

In my previous answer I also asked you . . . why do you refer to your parents as mom is black and dad is Italian? Italian is a nationality not a race. And although you self-identify as black in reality you are both black and white (Italian). I don't understand why you wouldn't be proud of being both. :confused:

Because I was riased in West Philly...Deep west philly. Mantua projects and then Pascal Projects. There was NOTHING italian about my upbringing. I know nothing of South Philly...(lol)

To even hint I was anything other than black when and where I grew up is laughable. Again, if you described me to the police, you would not say he was a half white gentleman...you would say black. Stop kidding yourself.

There is nothing wrong with Obama or myself saying we are black. We are. For a bi racial person (black mixed with whatever) to not say he is black is a joke. A joke to us and and joke to racists

You are spot on it was the same with me, my mother is Irish but people have always regarded me as Black when they see me. In school for some reason the teacher was asking everyone their race and I said I am half white, she looked at me and said honey you are Black. Case Closed.

It's 2011 and most people don't give a crap if someone is bi/tri-racial or whatever. Maybe old timers are proper racists but the younger crowd? Not from what I see. Proper racists are a dying breed (I hope!)

The old school racists are dying off, but the ones that are left are still considered the new tea party members. Look at the average age of them. They are old school racists. I only say this because they are all of a sudden tired of this or that. They didnt exist during the horrible bush 8 years of hell..but suddenly now they care? Really?

Oh please. The Tea Party isn't a bunch of racists. There may be some but the majority? Proof?

They did exist during Bush . . but Bush didn't fuck things up bad enough so there wasn't a T.P. movement. Plenty of pissed-off-at-the-government folks though. It took us crashing and burning in 2008 to realize just how much the government is sucking at its job. Obama promised to change it all! Things suck even more now.

You guys need to get over the whole 'black president' thing. Most of us really don't give a crap about the color of his skin. Truth.

The tea party started the day after Obama was elected. Ever think why this is? Seriously. Ever see the signs at the rally's? (Yes, we know, there were some bad signs for bush, but they werent racial. They were mostly about how dumb he was. You know, factual.)

Raised by a white Mother and Grandparents. In a state with an african american population less than 2%.
Obama is as white as I am.

Is your father a Black Kenyan? where Obama was raised is irrelevant, it doesn't make him any less or more Black, whether he was raised in Iowa or downtown Detroit Michigan.

The old school racists are dying off, but the ones that are left are still considered the new tea party members. Look at the average age of them. They are old school racists. I only say this because they are all of a sudden tired of this or that. They didnt exist during the horrible bush 8 years of hell..but suddenly now they care? Really?

Oh please. The Tea Party isn't a bunch of racists. There may be some but the majority? Proof?

They did exist during Bush . . but Bush didn't fuck things up bad enough so there wasn't a T.P. movement. Plenty of pissed-off-at-the-government folks though. It took us crashing and burning in 2008 to realize just how much the government is sucking at its job. Obama promised to change it all! Things suck even more now.

You guys need to get over the whole 'black president' thing. Most of us really don't give a crap about the color of his skin. Truth.

The tea party started the day after Obama was elected. Ever think why this is? Seriously. Ever see the signs at the rally's? (Yes, we know, there were some bad signs for bush, but they werent racial. They were mostly about how dumb he was. You know, factual.)

Partisan, race card playing shill.

Liar.

On January 24, 2009, Trevor Leach, chairman of the Young Americans for Liberty in New York State organized a "Tea Party" to protest "obesity taxes" proposed by New York Governor David Paterson and call for fiscal responsibility on the part of the government. Several of the protesters wore Native American headdresses similar to the band of 18th century colonists who dumped tea in Boston Harbor to express outrage about British taxes.[38]

Some of the protests were partially in response to several Federal laws: the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008,[39] the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009,[40][41] and a series of healthcare reform bills.[42]

New York Times journalist Kate Zernike reported that leaders within the Tea Party credit Seattle blogger and conservative activist Keli Carender with organizing the first Tea Party in February 2009, although the term "Tea Party" was not used.[43] Other articles, written by Chris Good of The Atlantic[44] and NPR's Martin Kaste,[45] credit Carender as "one of the first" Tea Party organizers and state that she "organized some of the earliest Tea Party-style protests".

Carender first organized what she called a "Porkulus Protest" in Seattle on Presidents Day, February 16, the day before President Barack Obama signed the stimulus bill into law.[46] Carender said she did it without support from outside groups or city officials. "I just got fed up and planned it." Carender said 120 people participated. "Which is amazing for the bluest of blue cities I live in, and on only four days notice! This was due to me spending the entire four days calling and emailing every person, think tank, policy center, university professors (that were sympathetic), etc. in town, and not stopping until the day came."[43][47]

Contacted by Carender, Steve Beren promoted the event on his blog four days before the protest[48] and agreed to be a speaker at the rally.[49] Carender also contacted conservative author and Fox News contributor Michelle Malkin, and asked her to publicize the rally on her blog, which Malkin did the day before the event.[50] The following day, the Colorado branch of Americans for Prosperity held a protest at the Colorado Capitol, also promoted by Malkin.[51] Carender held a second protest on February 27, 2009, reporting "We more than doubled our attendance at this one."[43]

According to pollster Scott Rasmussen, the bailouts of banks by the Bush and Obama administrations triggered the Tea Party's rise. The interviewer[clarification needed] added that the movement's anger centers on two issues, quoting Rasmussen as saying, "They think federal spending, deficits and taxes are too high, and they think no one in Washington is listening to them, and that latter point is really, really important."[52]

First national protests

On February 19, 2009,[53] in a broadcast from the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, CNBC Business News editor Rick Santelli criticized the government plan to refinance mortgages, which had just been announced the day before. He said that those plans were "promoting bad behavior"[54] by "subsidizing losers' mortgages". He suggested holding a tea party for traders to gather and dump the derivatives in the Chicago River on July 1.[55][56][57] A number of the floor traders around him cheered on his proposal, to the amusement of the hosts in the studio. Santelli's "rant" became a viral video after being featured on the Drudge Report.[58]

Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boy you guys love to blame Bush for everything. Not a peep of blame here though. Doesn't fit with the 'racial meme', does it? Give me a break. :eusa_hand:

Everything came to a head in 2008 and that was the straw that broke the camels back. People had finally had enough of the D.C. shit that had been shoveled at us for years.

Like I said, you all need to get over the whole 'black president' thing and using that as an excuse when Obama is criticized. While there will always be people who have a problem with skin color the majority of us don't. It is the spending, stupid.

There is nothing wrong with Obama or myself saying we are black. We are. For a bi racial person (black mixed with whatever) to not say he is black is a joke. A joke to us and and joke to racists

You are spot on it was the same with me, my mother is Irish but people have always regarded me as Black when they see me. In school for some reason the teacher was asking everyone their race and I said I am half white, she looked at me and said honey you are Black. Case Closed.

Neither one of you answered my question. Just because your skin is black doesn't change the fact that your are both bi-racial. Don't you have any pride or connection to your non-black half? Zona, why do you refer to your dad as Italian rather than white?

So what's a person who is say half white half Asian? Asian if those features are dominant, white if they're not?

I don't get it. If I were bi-racial I'd be bi-racial, regardless of how the packaging looked.

Neither one of you answered my question. Just because your skin is black doesn't change the fact that your are both bi-racial. Don't you have any pride or connection to your non-black half? Zona, why do you refer to your dad as Italian rather than white?

So what's a person who is say half white half Asian? Asian if those features are dominant, white if they're not?

I don't get it. If I were bi-racial I'd be bi-racial, regardless of how the packaging looked.

Sure I am proud of my Irish side, I like to think I drink like an Irish man and dance like one but at the same time if I went into a local Irish-American group and tried to say I would Irish most people there would laugh and think I am crazy, if you are half Black the black genes are usually dominant and most people who don't know you will treat you as a regular black guy, they don't care to know just how Black you are. Trust me I have lived through this my whole life, when people see me and my mother they are stunned to know we are related.

Carmelo Anthony is biracial, do people see him as anything but Black?

So because he looks black, he's black? He isn't, he's bi-racial. Looks aren't what make someone a certain race.

p.s. don't shoot me because I don't know who that is! lol

Hes Carmelo Anthony but my point is, if you saw him you wouldn't really know if he was biracial unless he told you. His mother is Puerto Rican.

Carmelo Anthony is biracial, do people see him as anything but Black?

So because he looks black, he's black? He isn't, he's bi-racial. Looks aren't what make someone a certain race.

Hes Carmelo Anthony but my point is, if you saw him you wouldn't really know if he was biracial unless he told you. His mother is Puerto Rican.

Ok. But he isn't "black", he's bi-racial.

If you saw him on the streets would you honestly think that? its much harder to tell if a light skin black person is biracial or not, even harder than the half white half asian and half white half Hispanic types. If I saw Carmelo and I didn't know him I would just think he is a light skin Black person, I would not have a clue he is half Puerto Rican, just like people have no idea I am Half Irish, only people who know me personally know that.

Another thing to remember in this country until a few decades ago if you were half Black, you were Black period, in fact interracial marriages were not even recognized until like the early 1970s I believe. A Black man or woman who had a relationship with a white person was risking their lives in many parts of this country, and the child of that relationship was considered Black point blank period, you get no benefits from having a white parent. Yes things are different now but attitudes and ways of thinking are hard to change.

This reminds me of when my stepdaughter had her second child, who looked just like her mom. The baby's father asked if she'd been cheating. Katie, Miss Whiter-Shade-of-Pale herself, waved and said "Hello! Derp! I'm the mother!"

If you saw him on the streets would you honestly think that? its much harder to tell if a light skin black person is biracial or not, even harder than the half white half asian and half white half Hispanic types. If I saw Carmelo and I didn't know him I would just think he is a light skin Black person, I would not have a clue he is half Puerto Rican, just like people have no idea I am Half Irish, only people who know me personally know that.

If I saw him on the street my first thought would be "damn that guy is tall". Not kidding either! No, I wouldn't think he was bi-racial, but that's just it . . . someone's skin color doesn't tell the whole story. If Carmelo only ever refers to himself as black then that's what people will see him as; if he refers to himself as bi-racial then that's what people will see him as. At least this people would.

Sure I am proud of my Irish side, I like to think I drink like an Irish man and dance like one but at the same time if I went into a local Irish-American group and tried to say I would Irish most people there would laugh and think I am crazy, if you are half Black the black genes are usually dominant and most people who don't know you will treat you as a regular black guy, they don't care to know just how Black you are. Trust me I have lived through this my whole life, when people see me and my mother they are stunned to know we are related.

Have you ever tried it? Maybe the older folks would laugh and all but the under 30 crowd? I just don't think race is a big deal . . .or at least, I don't see what the big deal about race is.

Sure I am proud of my Irish side, I like to think I drink like an Irish man and dance like one.

On behalf of mono-racial Irish-Americans I apologize for the dancing part you have been burdened with, but I'm sure you've discovered by now how the drinking part helps to cope with that handicap.

Have you ever tried it? Maybe the older folks would laugh and all but the under 30 crowd? I just don't think race is a big deal . . .or at least, I don't see what the big deal about race is.

I bet they'd be happy to include you if you could demonstrate your heritage.

Forum List

Back