Was Obama's mother white?

I don't understand why, with one black parent and one white parent, he doesn't refer to himself as bi-racial . . . because that's what he is.

I hoped when Obama was elected that racial discrimination and stereotypes would be diminished, if only a little bit. Didn't work out that way, we're as divided as ever. Not saying it's all his fault, but his words and actions have not been helpful in that regard, and in my opinion have been the opposite.

I hear all the time about race when it comes to Obama but I have one question, was Obama's mother white?And if she was then what exactly makes Obama strictly black in the eyes of those who use the race card when somebody critizizes him?

BTW we all know Stanley Ann Durham was white!

Here is the test for ya....what would you say if a half black man was dating your sister? I am being serious..would you say he was black or would you say he was a half black/half white gentleman who was dating your sister. How would you describe him to your buds at your local drinking/rally/ establishment or at your dinner table with your klan.....hmmmm?

By the way, I am black but on my fathers side its Italian. I was have never, ever been called half white and I was raised in west Philly.

He has a black wife, black children and if you saw him (without knowing who he was) and you found out he was dating your sister, believe me, the last words out of your mouth would be "half white" and you know it.

I hoped when Obama was elected that racial discrimination and stereotypes would be diminished, if only a little bit. Didn't work out that way, we're as divided as ever. Not saying it's all his fault, but his words and actions have not been helpful in that regard, and in my opinion have been the opposite.
When he was elected, I KNEW racial discrimination and stereotypes would NOT be diminished. I knew how ugly it was going to get and sure enough, the day after he was elected, I saw the posters and comments from a certain few. Its only gotten worse.

What actions has HE taken that divided us racially? Seriously, what? When he was elected, the true, ugly racist shit came out.

A real racist must HATE the fact that he won. It has to eat at him every time he witnesses a picture or hears his words. Think about it.

Last edited:
Raised by a white Mother and Grandparents. In a state with an african american population less than 2%.
Obama is as white as I am.

I don't understand why, with one black parent and one white parent, he doesn't refer to himself as bi-racial . . . because that's what he is.

Wasn't it white people who put out the one drop rule? I am pretty sure it wasnt blacks.

When, back during slavery? Could be, I don't know . . . .but if it was white folks why do blacks still follow/use it now? Why would someone ignore half of their genetic makeup?

I hear all the time about race when it comes to Obama but I have one question, was Obama's mother white?And if she was then what exactly makes Obama strictly black in the eyes of those who use the race card when somebody critizizes him?

Here is the test for ya....what would you say if a half black man was dating your sister? I am being serious..would you say he was black or would you say he was a half black/half white gentleman who was dating your sister. How would you describe him to your buds at your local drinking/rally/ establishment or at your dinner table with your klan.....hmmmm?

By the way, I am black but on my fathers side its Italian. I was have never, ever been called half white and I was raised in west Philly.

He has a black wife, black children and if you saw him (without knowing who he was) and you found out he was dating your sister, believe me, the last words out of your mouth would be "half white" and you know it.

I know I'd refer to him as bi-racial because that's what he'd be. And I wouldn't give a shit about the color of his skin or his 'ethnicity' as long as he was a decent/good guy.

Interesting you refer to your father as Italian, rather than white. Why? Italian isn't a race it's a nationality. Oh wait . . . Philly. Nevermind! :lol: Besides, it isn't how others are referring to you (or Obama) but rather how you (or Obama) refer to yourself. Ok, at least that's what I was talking about.

I know I'd refer to him as bi-racial because that's what he'd be. And I wouldn't give a shit about the color of his skin or his 'ethnicity' as long as he was a decent/good guy.

Interesting you refer to your father as Italian, rather than white. Why? Italian isn't a race it's a nationality. Oh wait . . . Philly. Nevermind! :lol: Besides, it isn't how others are referring to you (or Obama) but rather how you (or Obama) refer to yourself. Ok, at least that's what I was talking about.

obama also referred to himself as mongrel and a mutt.

Yes Obama's mother was "white"
It is easier to call someone a racist than confront their valid challenge to the president's positions.

Any other questions?

What did you mean by "it is easier to call someone a racist than confront their valid challenge to the president's positions".

I dont know any other way to read it but you are agreeing with his claims of "race Card" use.

If you agree that the ONLY reason people claim racism against the president is to use it falsely to avoid questions about his policies than that is blatent racism.

I meant that for some people its easier to just say "your being racist" than it is to actually confront what the other person in a discussion is saying.

That isn't me saying that no one who opposes the president does so because of racism. It is me saying some people that claim racism do so when there is none present in an effort to not address a challenge to their positions.

So yes I do agree with the idea that when some people use the race card they are doing so dishonestly. I also agree that some people who oppose the president are shallow enough to do so based on race alone.

I never spoke in absolute terms of ONLY, ALL, EVERY in this thread until this very sentence where I say never ;).

Oh I see NOW its SOME.

Have you ever seen a real case of someone treating our present president in a racist manner?

I have seen plenty and they are all DENIED by the right and called "pulling the race card" like this was some damned game that balck people play.

The right seems to think that black people are nothing but liars when it comes to pointing out prejudice.

Funny coming from a party that can not muster anything but a smattering of votes from black people.

Next time dont back up a racists statements.

Hey Barnabas. Wasn't She related to the Bush Family?

Raised by a white Mother and Grandparents. In a state with an african american population less than 2%.

Except he looks out on a world that see his black face before they know all those things about him.

You have no idea what racism is do you?

Except he looks out on a world that see his black face before they know all those things about him.

I think he spent his most impressionable years outside of the USA.

He did, once or twice, to get a laugh.

i don't get why there is even a discussion going on about this topic.

Actually, his mother was Pink, on the Very Red end of the spectrum.

He nearly always refers to himself as black.

Since Obama considers himself black and refers to himself as black, we generally call him black.

Should we call Obama 'black' or 'biracial'? - NYTimes.com

Because Obama is black people who disagree with his politics often get labled as racist by his supporters (read nearly any post by rdean). If Obama was considered bi-racial, rather than black, those screaming racist couldn't use that card.

Because Obama is black people who disagree with his politics often get labled as racist by his supporters (read nearly any post by rdean). If Obama was considered bi-racial, rather than black, those screaming racist couldn't use that card.

that does not work.

many US american blacks are multi-racial.

they were labelled black regardless of their white father, grandfather, whatever.

they LOOKED or LOOK black.

if obama tried to present himself as NOT black, but bi-racial, that would not fly with racists at all.

so the race card and the race card card can be used anyway.

Forum List

Back