Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWBBPoD7oQ]Video 3 of 4 - Hurricane Sandy Relief Concert - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQN4BQbq1kc](Hurricane Sandy Benefit) Bruce Springsteen - Donate @ 800-HELP-NOW or WWW.REDCROSS.COM - YouTube[/ame]

Will he play sandy?

Not sure if he sang that one last night... I was unable to find video 4 of 4. :dunno:

My guess is no. Wouldn't be right.

Yeah... It was kind of eery listening to Billy Joel sing "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xl558k0QAo]Miami 2017 Concert for NYC - YouTube[/ame]
This clip is from a different concert but he also sang this last night... (It's in one of the videos I posted earlier too.)

Not sure if he sang that one last night... I was unable to find video 4 of 4. :dunno:

Yeah... It was kind of eery listening to Billy Joel sing "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xl558k0QAo]Miami 2017 Concert for NYC - YouTube[/ame]
This clip is from a different concert but he also sang this last night... (It's in one of the videos I posted earlier too.)

thanks. i love that song. i think it's one of my favorites of his.

now aside from life in rightwingnuthackworld, real life gets back to normal.

i waited on a gas line this morning. six cars from the station, they cloed. they're giving out gas at the brooklyn armory, but only a half tank and i burned about 1/8 of a tank this a.m. waiting on line and have to go pick up my son tonight from a halloween party. i won't have much gas left after that.

hopefully by tomorrow or monday. :eusa_pray:

but in the greater scheme of things, no complaints.

my friend near the beach has no heat, no lights, no water.

my friend's mom, two avenues away sill has no lights.

thanks. i love that song. i think it's one of my favorites of his.

Yeah, Billy's great... New York State of Mind is another apropos tune but of course there are a lot of other states effected as well. Anyway, it's always nice to see positive energy come together like that to help everyone... :thup:

Yeah, Billy's great... New York State of Mind is another apropos tune but of course there are a lot of other states effected as well. Anyway, it's always nice to see positive energy come together like that to help everyone... :thup:

yeah... i didn't get the bizarre crankiness about the concert in some parts.

update: still no gas and i'm down to 1/4 tank.

my friend's mom has power back but no heat or hot water b/c their boiler must have gotten flooded out. hopefully that will resolve soon. cause it's getting cold and they're older.

i waited on a gas line this morning. six cars from the station, they cloed. they're giving out gas at the brooklyn armory, but only a half tank and i burned about 1/8 of a tank this a.m. waiting on line and have to go pick up my son tonight from a halloween party. i won't have much gas left after that.

It sucks...

I know ppl out on the island who don't have power.. Relatives of theirs have lost everything... frigging everything... So far, my relatives have made it through relatively unscathed...

Prayers out for those who are still looking for relief...

It sucks...

I know ppl out on the island who don't have power.. Relatives of theirs have lost everything... frigging everything... So far, my relatives have made it through relatively unscathed...

i know. the day after the storm, we were walking into my building and a couple was walking toward the next building with two small suitcases. they looked shell-shocked and the man told us they'd just lost their house. heartbreaking.

yeah... i didn't get the bizarre crankiness about the concert in some parts.

update: still no gas and i'm down to 1/4 tank.

my friend's mom has power back but no heat or hot water b/c their boiler must have gotten flooded out. hopefully that will resolve soon. cause it's getting cold and they're older.

Yikes, I wish I could FedEx you some gas! I hadn't realized anyone got cranky over the concert, but there's always some I guess, especially in a stressful situation... :lol:

It sucks...

i know. the day after the storm, we were walking into my building and a couple was walking toward the next building with two small suitcases. they looked shell-shocked and the man told us they'd just lost their house. heartbreaking.

Yeah... It's like a war zone...

People come together and help out, though... The stories I am hearing of ppl reaching out are quite heartwarming...

It sucks...

People come together and help out, though... The stories I am hearing of ppl reaching out are quite heartwarming...

Talked to a woman in CT Friday. She is OK, but many around her are not, so her house has become a stopping zone, where people are coming for a hot shower, meal, etc.

Talked to a woman in CT Friday. She is OK, but many around her are not, so her house has become a stopping zone, where people are coming for a hot shower, meal, etc.

that happens. very kind of your friend.

I was supposed to fly into Newark last week. Cancelled

Hope the bagel machines are on November 12 when I return

new york will never be bagel-less. :)

Forum List

Back