Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

Yeah, Billy's great... New York State of Mind is another apropos tune but of course there are a lot of other states effected as well. Anyway, it's always nice to see positive energy come together like that to help everyone... :thup:

yeah... i didn't get the bizarre crankiness about the concert in some parts.

update: still no gas and i'm down to 1/4 tank.

my friend's mom has power back but no heat or hot water b/c their boiler must have gotten flooded out. hopefully that will resolve soon. cause it's getting cold and they're older.

I hope they get the gas flowing soon hun.

((hugs))

Yeah, Billy's great... New York State of Mind is another apropos tune but of course there are a lot of other states effected as well. Anyway, it's always nice to see positive energy come together like that to help everyone... :thup:

my friend's mom has power back but no heat or hot water b/c their boiler must have gotten flooded out. hopefully that will resolve soon. cause it's getting cold and they're older.

((hugs))

yeah...the water damaged the boiler. but it will get fixed.

found out about the shore house... some water damage... but nothing devestating. just pricy.

((hugs))

found out about the shore house... some water damage... but nothing devestating. just pricy.

Sad to say... but the storm will be a boon for many people who are in construction and related business of the clean up fix up repair.

Im glad the shore house made it though with just damage.

How are the insurance companies out there? It was a big thing here after the earthquake.... they dropped everyone after the payouts.

((hugs))

Sad to say... but the storm will be a boon for many people who are in construction and related business of the clean up fix up repair.

How are the insurance companies out there? It was a big thing here after the earthquake.... they dropped everyone after the payouts.

they'll probably do the same thing here.

I know...and its so wrong! I have a friend in CT.... a tree came down on her house.... she says they told her they were canceling her policy.

I know...and its so wrong! I have a friend in CT.... a tree came down on her house.... she says they told her they were canceling her policy.

that's why i believe in regulation. :D

can you imagine any other business where, when you use the service you pay for, you get cut off?

that's why i believe in regulation. :D

can you imagine any other business where, when you use the service you pay for, you get cut off?

i agree... but they did that crap here in CA..... and still try to!!!

Still lots of gas lines and closed gas stations. I got closed out twice and am now down to 30 miles worth of gas in my tank.

I took the bus to work, so managed. My husband can't get to work by mass transit from where we are. Luckily, it's his weekend, so if he can get gas by tomorrow, will be fine. And compared to other people, we have it easy. Knock wood

Still lots of gas lines and closed gas stations. I got closed out twice and am now down to 30 miles worth of gas in my tank.

I took the bus to work, so managed. My husband can't get to work by mass transit from where we are. Luckily, it's his weekend, so if he can get gas by tomorrow, will be fine. And compared to other people, we have it easy. Knock wood

we went out for gas at 4:30 on saturday morning. the wait was only about 50 minutes. friday night it had been over 2 hours

day 7 and still no power. they are telling us hopefully by the 11th. I'm actually starting to get used to cold showers. eh. not really. I don't think you ever get used to cold water hitting you at 5 am in a cold house. lol cooking on the grill. hanging out an having actual conversations at night. It was nice to have the weekend and be able to actually enjoy a little sunlight.

Wow, if you get totally stuck, let me know and I'll drive straight to Brooklyn with some full gas cans for you! :lol:

white-van-driving-emoticon.gif

Wow, if you get totally stuck, let me know and I'll drive straight to Brooklyn with some full gas cans for you! :lol:

white-van-driving-emoticon.gif

if i was closer.... i would be doing just that!!!!!!

Forum List

Back