• Let British take care of it alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solve diplomatically, which ever way we can

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Nuke the hell outta them

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
That is an excellent suggestion!

Don't get me wrong ..... I don't thing one has to have been a grunt to have an opinion. I DO think however that anyone who's only solution to every issue "let's invade," "let's bomb 'em," or "kill 'em all" needs to have his ass out their in front where people are shooting real bullets at him so he can better understand the position he is so willing to put others in at the drop of a hat.

To invade Iran, it would have to be our sole front where we could concentrate all our resources, and we would have to be willing to commit to total war resulting in absolute victory, or we would lose, simple as that.

But first we'dhave to figure out what our goal was for invading. What exactly is it we want to achieve?

Don't get me wrong ..... I don't thing one has to have been a grunt to have an opinion. I DO think however that anyone who's only solution to every issue "let's invade," "let's bomb 'em," or "kill 'em all" needs to have his ass out their in front where people are shooting real bullets at him so he can better understand the position he is so willing to put others in at the drop of a hat.

To invade Iran, it would have to be our sole front where we could concentrate all our resources, and we would have to be willing to commit to total war resulting in absolute victory, or we would lose, simple as that.

But first we'dhave to figure out what our goal was for invading. What exactly is it we want to achieve?

Well as usual you are correct. Not to mention that we would have to institute a draft one would think to produce anywhere near the recuperable numers for after the fact.

Hell, we have to think we could cause a great deal of morale problems for Iran by hitting hard with big weapons right from the start but we would have to do that to even think of it.

A huge air campaigne to lure up their defending air force would of course help eliminate their air numbers as we would probably take a 4 or 5 to 1 initial advantage, of course until we got into their numbers a little. Ratio would increase to 12 or 13 to 1 eventually I'm sure but before that I wouold toss a couple of big fish from a boomer. Then go silent, wait and see how they react so possibnly to save alot of lives. I would not do any of this while we are in Iraq. So, for the moment, I would continue to negotiate. That lame ass move we maqde the other day to make them think we were coming for the sailors, was , well, lame! They are not goinmg to buy that shit.

We have a major problem here. If we don't respond with the Brits we are going to lose face here. The sailors must be retrieved, OR, as you and I know, sacrificed in an effort to retrieve. Only that kind of reaction will be something Iran can understand. That idiot of a president they have is going to prop his way through this with some improvement in standing if we don't do something.

Well as usual you are correct. Not to mention that we would have to institute a draft one would think to produce anywhere near the recuperable numers for after the fact.

Hell, we have to think we could cause a great deal of morale problems for Iran by hitting hard with big weapons right from the start but we would have to do that to even think of it.

A huge air campaigne to lure up their defending air force would of course help eliminate their air numbers as we would probably take a 4 or 5 to 1 initial advantage, of course until we got into their numbers a little. Ratio would increase to 12 or 13 to 1 eventually I'm sure but before that I wouold toss a couple of big fish from a boomer. Then go silent, wait and see how they react so possibnly to save alot of lives. I would not do any of this while we are in Iraq. So, for the moment, I would continue to negotiate. That lame ass move we maqde the other day to make them think we were coming for the sailors, was , well, lame! They are not goinmg to buy that shit.

We have a major problem here. If we don't respond with the Brits we are going to lose face here. The sailors must be retrieved, OR, as you and I know, sacrificed in an effort to retrieve. Only that kind of reaction will be something Iran can understand. That idiot of a president they have is going to prop his way through this with some improvement in standing if we don't do something.

Iran wants political concessions, plain and simple. They also want to push Britain's wavering resolve over the edge.

The Brits need to locate these guys and if possible, retrieve them through force. It doesn't require a full scale invasion. Bomb their nuclear facility as a diversion and send a SEAL team or whatever the Brit's call their equivalent nowadays to do what they're trained to do.

If they cannot locate the hostages, or they are in a place where extractign them would be improbable, then they are going to have to play along with Iran until they see an opening, or Iran makes its demands and the Brits decided whether or nto they are going to cater to them.

Forum List

Back