CNN: Iran is preparing to attack Israel with cruise missiles.(Poll)

If Iran attacks Israel with cruise missiles, what should the US response be?

• Nothing, just shoot them down

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Attack Iran's nuclear sites

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Attack Iran's oil sites

• Warn Iran not to do that again or facec serious consequences

• Other, see my post

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Yawn .
The sooner the good guys remove the petrodollar , the sooner the world becomes a fairer and nicer place .
Not long now .

Say it is true:

What should the US response be?

Is it a head fake or propaganda for the masses?
Is it serious?

What should the US do if/when it happens? IMHO nothing. Just shoot them down
Israel will destroy Iran if they attempt to attack.

President Trump's Abraham Accords were designed to do exactly that: To force them to rejoin the international community by freezing them out. Initially, Israel and the UAE signed the agreement, followed by Israeli agreement with Sudan, Morocco, Oman, and Jordan.

Had the Abraham Accord came to full fruition, Iran would have had no other choice than to normalize their relations with Israel.

Trump completely disinfranchised the Palestinians.. He basically caused the Hamas attack in October.

Say it is true:

What should the US response be?

Is it a head fake or propaganda for the masses?
Is it serious?

What should the US do if/when it happens? IMHO nothing. Just shoot them down
Prevent other Middle Eastern countries from getting involved and let Israel fuck Iran up.

Israel has been threatening Iran since 1992. Stand back and let Israel have their war
Iran is not Iraq and won't fold like a cheap lawn chair. Also for what it's worth, it isn't THEIR war, it is projected to be OUR war at the onset. Be very careful of what you wish for. You may find yourself saying later why didn't anyone stop Israel after Iran if it doesn't pan out like I think you hope for.

So, as a consolation prize, I voted for smashing their oil fields.

Great, let’s have $200 bbl oil!
The Iranian Theocracy will have to be smashed one way or another if there is to be Peace in that region.

Smashing their oil fields puts tremendous economic pressure on the regime with their own people.

You would rather than we sacrifice large numbers of American lives in order to retaliate against them?

If my choices are (1) pay more for oil for a while or (2) lose large numbers of American kids... I choose (1).

Of course, there is a school of thought which says (3) disengage and don't defend our own interests, isn't there?

Destroy the launch sites. Israel absolutely knows where they are at. Israeli intelligence is a step above
For "static" launch sites, yeah... for "mobile" launchers, it gets more complicated... and I don't know what "mix" the Iranians have.

But the Israelis will need to hit both... hard and decisively.... perhaps we will be feeding the IDF real-time satellite data.

The US should stay completely out of it... Completely.

Jews lived in Iran for 2500 years.

For decades Israel bought oil from Iran.

Israel provided weapons and intelligence for Iran during their 8 year war with Iraq.

Israel has threatened Iran every quarter since 1992.
No...

The United States has a long-standing "grudge" against Iran.

Dating back to 1979.

Aggravated by 40+ years of "Death to the Great Satan America" bull$hit vomiting out of the mullah's mouths...

If the Iranians launch on us it will be just the excuse we're looking for to join the fun.

The Iranian Theocracy will have to be smashed one way or another if there is to be Peace in that region.

Smashing their oil fields puts tremendous economic pressure on the regime with their own people.

You would rather than we sacrifice large numbers of American lives in order to retaliate against them?

If my choices are (1) pay more for oil for a while or (2) lose large numbers of American kids... I choose (1).

Of course, there is a school of thought which says (3) disengage and don't defend our own interests, isn't there?
There’s no better option than to upend the global economic lifeblood? Maybe just target all of their military assets so they can’t wage war? Sure, they can rebuild but that would cost them tons of money, but would have the same effect as smashing their oil fields?

Right because Iran has always been totally innocent and it's leaders have never called for the destruction of Israel.

There used to be 200,000 Jews in Iran. They had been there for over 2000 years.

Israel bought all it's oil from Iran for decades until they stiffed them out of $100 million plus interest.

Israel provided Iran with weapons and intelligence in their 8 year war with Iraq.

Israel has been threatening Iran every quarter since 1992.

There’s no better option than to upend the global economic lifeblood? Maybe just target all of their military assets so they can’t wage war? Sure, they can rebuild but that would cost them tons of money, but would have the same effect as smashing their oil fields?

Kondor3

5 million bpd? Your cost to pump gasoline would go to $10 a gallon.

Iran is one of the world's largest oil producer, but output is below potential due to economic sanctions. Their reserves are vast.

Forum List

Back