War on Opioids

Opioids are over-prescribed and kill over 60,000 Americans a year. Alcohol and tobacco can kill but the process takes decades of overuse as opposed to Opioids that can kill a healthy person in one shot. Cannibis based pain meds need to be offered as alternatives to reduce the number of opioid prescriptions. We need more resources at the border to cut down the illegal drug flow.
Drunk drivers kill instantaneously.
Heroin is a opioid & included in your stats. Doctors don't prescribe heroin.
Are you advocating prohibition on alcohol?

I am advocating that the people with chronic pain have access to prescriptions for opioids.

RealDave said:
Seems to me that if taking opioids off the market is the solution to the opioid war that this plan should also work to solve the tobacco & alcohol deaths by taking these off the market.
How is the war on drugs working out? How did prohibition work out? Prohibit a desired product and open an instant black market for that product. Einstein was right: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity" The Congress and the regulators have a collective iq equal to a carrot.

So you agree thast the current protocol for prescription opioids is the wrong approach.

RealDave said:
Seems to me that if taking opioids off the market is the solution to the opioid war that this plan should also work to solve the tobacco & alcohol deaths by taking these off the market.
How is the war on drugs working out? How did prohibition work out? Prohibit a desired product and open an instant black market for that product. Einstein was right: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity" The Congress and the regulators have a collective iq equal to a carrot.

So you agree thast the current protocol for prescription opioids is the wrong approach.

I think the current drug policy is wrong. Prohibition never works other than to drive prices up.

The Mexican Cartels want open borders. Every year more and more Americans people are getting hooked on heroin/fentanyl. There are about 50,000 overdose deaths per year. Here are a few of the victims who you may have heard about: Cory Monteith, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Prince, Chris Farley…... It is killing more people than a war. All of you open borders advocates need to get bent
NO ONE WANTS OPEN BORDERS> When will you retarded pieces of shit quit lying about this.

I've been to the border. They actually have fences & crossing points & border patrols you God damn moron.

Most hard drugs are smuggled through legal points of entry.
Really? Do you mean that the Democrats are not opposed to the border wall anymore?

Are the borders open now????

Let's see just how big a liar you really are.
yes, people illegally cross our border every day

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids. That amounts to 25,000 deaths a year.

Over 80,000 or 3 times as many die from alcohol. not county the 15 million people suffer from alcohol induced medical issues.

Smoking kills over 480,000 every year.

Yet, we can buy tobacco & alcohol when ever we want at a location near you.

There are 100 million people with some type of pain. Many live productive lives by taking prescribed opioids. But no more. They either do without or have the inexpensive opioids replaced by expensive drugs like Lyrica.
Those fighting this war decided that stopping these deaths is more important that these people getting the drugs they need.

Considering you approve of grabbing guns from law abiding citizens to prevent criminals from using them, complaining about going after the wrong target in this case seems a bit hypocritical.

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opTioids. That amounts to 25,000 deaths a year.

Over 80,000 or 3 times as many die from alcohol. not county the 15 million people suffer from alcohol induced medical issues.

There are 100 million people with some type of pain. Many live productive lives by taking prescribed opioids. But no more. They either do without or have the inexpensive opioids replaced by expensive drugs like Lyrica.
Those fighting this war decided that stopping these deaths is more important that these people getting the drugs they need.

The so called wars on Drugs are a joke, the real goal is to push the price up at the RX . The FDA has force the Big Pharma's to cut production, which will push the demand up and the price along with the Cuts. They have bullyed the Doctors to cut across the board to the patients and this has been outrages, on the otherside the pill marts have been put out of business which is good and they need to be arrested. I understand the outrage has reached the Senators and new laws are being put forth to correct the heavy handed actions by the DEA.

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids. That amounts to 25,000 deaths a year.

My father just had a knee replacement a month ago and had a tough time getting the appropriate amount of pain killers he needed afterwards. The people getting hurt by this are the people who actually need them.

As usual, the government makes the problem worse, which is why it perplexes me as to why people like you constantly look to the government for most of your solutions.

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids.
Two things wrong with this:

1) Nobody is trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. They are trying to stop doctors from overprescribing them. There is a difference.

2) A large percentage of the other opioid deaths are of people who first became addicted to opioids via overprescription of opioids.
You are wrong, in so many ways. You have never walked in another person shoes. People who are in real pain do not get addicted or high from these drugs, and they also never get a high from them. Better get better info before you show your azz.
The Mexican Cartels want open borders. Every year more and more Americans people are getting hooked on heroin/fentanyl. There are about 50,000 overdose deaths per year. Here are a few of the victims who you may have heard about: Cory Monteith, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Prince, Chris Farley…... It is killing more people than a war. All of you open borders advocates need to get bent
I don't miss any of those Hollywood types. Most people can not afford the RX prices of 700 bucks for 30 days supply so they find other options and that is the street. If you are poor or middle class you only have few options.

Yup

Prohibition is the answer after all it's for your own good

Considering you approve of grabbing guns from law abiding citizens to prevent criminals from using them, complaining about going after the wrong target in this case seems a bit hypocritical.

So, you are saying people need to own assault type rifles with 150 round magazines so they can function without pain?

NO ONE WANTS OPEN BORDERS> When will you retarded pieces of shit quit lying about this.

I've been to the border. They actually have fences & crossing points & border patrols you God damn moron.

Really? Do you mean that the Democrats are not opposed to the border wall anymore?

Woe, you are this fucking stupid that you think there are no fences, no border patrol, no legal crossing points with guards on the border with Mexico..

No wonder you are io fucking stupid that you think building a wall will end all illegal border crossings.

So, you are saying people need to own assault type rifles with 150 round magazines so they can function without pain?

No I am saying you are bitching about the same approach in one case, and approving of it in another.

I.e. hypocrisy.

In both cases the end results are the same, less freedom in the worship of government power, and no change in what you are trying to fix.

It's not up to you to tell other people what they need

That's just one of the reason we should decriminalize all drugs

I agree on decriminalization for some drugs, but to set the line lets start with Pot first and see how it goes.

I agree on decriminalization for some drugs, but to set the line lets start with Pot first and see how it goes.

I don't see the need to pick and choose.

Laws prohibiting drugs have done nothing to stop drug use but have wasted trillions of dollars

Laws prohibiting drugs have done nothing to stop drug use but have wasted trillions of dollars

On principle I agree, but I want to see the results first with Pot before we move on to others.

It's the Engineer in me, I want to see pilot scale results before going with the full scale production.

I would say the next round would be things like shrooms and Ecstasy.

On principle I agree, but I want to see the results first with Pot before we move on to others.

It's the Engineer in me, I want to see pilot scale results before going with the full scale production.

Portugal has done it and the results have been pretty good

14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like

So as long as I think I need something, it should be legal? Sometimes I have the need to grab a12 pack & go joy riding in my jacked up 4x4 shooting road signs out the window. Its OK because I am a really good drunk driver & I always hit my target when I shoot my guns.

Portugal has done it and the results have been pretty good

14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like

Yes, but the scale is more akin to a single State here doing the same thing.

And of course one has to remember that a homogenous culture and how it reacts to something may not model well our heterogeneous culture.

Woe, you are this fucking stupid that you think there are no fences, no border patrol, no legal crossing points with guards on the border with Mexico..

No wonder you are io fucking stupid that you think building a wall will end all illegal border crossings.

o·pen [ˈōpən]: ADJECTIVE allowing access, passage, or a view through an empty space; not closed or blocked up."the pass is kept open all year by snowplows" · synonyms: not shut · not closed · unlocked · unbolted · unlatched · off the latch · [more]

bor·der [ˈbôrdər] NOUN a line separating two political or geographical areas, especially countries. "border patrols" ·synonyms: frontier · boundary · partition · borderline · dividing line · [more]

Forum List

Back