War on Opioids

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids. That amounts to 25,000 deaths a year.

Over 80,000 or 3 times as many die from alcohol. not county the 15 million people suffer from alcohol induced medical issues.

Smoking kills over 480,000 every year.

Yet, we can buy tobacco & alcohol when ever we want at a location near you.

There are 100 million people with some type of pain. Many live productive lives by taking prescribed opioids. But no more. They either do without or have the inexpensive opioids replaced by expensive drugs like Lyrica.
Those fighting this war decided that stopping these deaths is more important that these people getting the drugs they need.

Seems to me that if taking opioids off the market is the solution to the opioid war that this plan should also work to solve the tobacco & alcohol deaths by taking these off the market.

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids. That amounts to 25,000 deaths a year.

Over 80,000 or 3 times as many die from alcohol. not county the 15 million people suffer from alcohol induced medical issues.

There are 100 million people with some type of pain. Many live productive lives by taking prescribed opioids. But no more. They either do without or have the inexpensive opioids replaced by expensive drugs like Lyrica.
Those fighting this war decided that stopping these deaths is more important that these people getting the drugs they need.

Seems to me that if taking opioids off the market is the solution to the opioid war that this plan should also work to solve the tobacco & alcohol deaths by taking these off the market.

Many are turning to natural remedies such as Kratom. However the DEA is trying to ban it as well claiming that a plant used for hundreds of years is somehow dangerous. BTW I am NOT for banning any drug. I think it just breeds ignorance and crime. We may agree on this.....for once.

If up to me, I would outlaw all of these.

Alcohol, tobacco, and drug abuse not only shorten lives, but costs this country billions of dollars every year.

Well the left convinced congress that it’s the doctors fault. Get ready for post op Tylenol!

Opioids are over-prescribed and kill over 60,000 Americans a year. Alcohol and tobacco can kill but the process takes decades of overuse as opposed to Opioids that can kill a healthy person in one shot. Cannibis based pain meds need to be offered as alternatives to reduce the number of opioid prescriptions. We need more resources at the border to cut down the illegal drug flow.

The Mexican Cartels want open borders. Every year more and more Americans people are getting hooked on heroin/fentanyl. There are about 50,000 overdose deaths per year. Here are a few of the victims who you may have heard about: Cory Monteith, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Prince, Chris Farley…... It is killing more people than a war. All of you open borders advocates need to get bent

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids.
Two things wrong with this:

1) Nobody is trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. They are trying to stop doctors from overprescribing them. There is a difference.

2) A large percentage of the other opioid deaths are of people who first became addicted to opioids via overprescription of opioids.

Opioids are over-prescribed and kill over 60,000 Americans a year. Alcohol and tobacco can kill but the process takes decades of overuse as opposed to Opioids that can kill a healthy person in one shot. Cannibis based pain meds need to be offered as alternatives to reduce the number of opioid prescriptions. We need more resources at the border to cut down the illegal drug flow.
Drunk drivers kill instantaneously.
Heroin is a opioid & included in your stats. Doctors don't prescribe heroin.

We are fighting the opioid crisis by trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. Only 40% of opioid deaths are due to prescription provided opioids.

1) Nobody is trying to stop doctors from prescribing them. They are trying to stop doctors from overprescribing them. There is a difference.

2) A large percentage of the other opioid deaths are of people who first became addicted to opioids via overprescription of opioids.

You are wrong. Doctors are being directed to no longer prescribe opioid & instead they must look for other methods. More expensive (ummm who benefits there) and less effective.

Doctors are being directed to no longer prescribe opioid & instead they must look for other methods.
Not in all cases... you are wrong to say so.

The fact is that they have overprescribed opioids precisely because of the profit motive, both their own and that of the pharmaceutical companies. So to make the claim that they are now being asked not to prescribe them because of the profit motive is rather silly.

The Mexican Cartels want open borders. Every year more and more Americans people are getting hooked on heroin/fentanyl. There are about 50,000 overdose deaths per year. Here are a few of the victims who you may have heard about: Cory Monteith, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Prince, Chris Farley…... It is killing more people than a war. All of you open borders advocates need to get bent
NO ONE WANTS OPEN BORDERS> When will you retarded pieces of shit quit lying about this.

I've been to the border. They actually have fences & crossing points & border patrols you God damn moron.

Most hard drugs are smuggled through legal points of entry.

Doctors are being directed to no longer prescribe opioid & instead they must look for other methods.
Not in all cases... you are wrong to say so.

The fact is that they have overprescribed opioids precisely because of the profit motive, both their own and that of the pharmaceutical companies. So to make the claim that they are now being asked not to prescribe them because of the profit motive is rather silly.
I do not know a single person or have heard of one that suffers from chronic pain whose opioids are still prescribed.

Over the years, when I've gone to the dentist, they've prescribed Vicodin for the pain. Now they just tell me to use Ibuprofin, which isn't nearly as effective in controlling the pain. Nowadays its hard to get adequate pain relief because of asshole politicians playing doctor.

RealDave said:
How is the war on drugs working out? How did prohibition work out? Prohibit a desired product and open an instant black market for that product. Einstein was right: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity" The Congress and the regulators have a collective iq equal to a carrot.

NO ONE WANTS OPEN BORDERS> When will you retarded pieces of shit quit lying about this.

I've been to the border. They actually have fences & crossing points & border patrols you God damn moron.

Really? Do you mean that the Democrats are not opposed to the border wall anymore?

Drunk drivers kill instantaneously.
Heroin is a opioid & included in your stats. Doctors don't prescribe heroin.
Are you advocating prohibition on alcohol?

Really? Do you mean that the Democrats are not opposed to the border wall anymore?

Are the borders open now????

Let's see just how big a liar you really are.

Forum List

Back