War on Drugs Destroying Nations

You know why they call it "weed"? Of course you do. My point is that - I don't know what it's like where you are but where I am you can chuck a few seeds in the back yard, give them a bit of water (but don't get caught because you'll get a bigger fine for using water unlawfully than for growing dope! :lol: ) and bingo, your very own dope plants.

But guess what. Legislators have turned this weed into a magic crop. It has a value beyond that of anything else you can grow here. Check this out, a couple of days ago.

POLICE said a huge cannabis crop found at Virginia had a possible street value of $60 million.

Detectives and STAR Group officers swooped on the O'Loughlin Rd market garden this morning where they found about 4000 cannabis plants in five glasshouses.

The plants ranged in size from about 30cm to two metres in height and all were in healthy condition and were being fed by an elaborate watering system.

Superintendent Linda Fellows from the Drug Investigation Branch said, "it has been some time since we have had a crop of this size".

AdelaideNow... SA Police find huge cannabis crop inside greenhouses at Virginia

4000 weeds, big ones, but weeds, are worth $60 million dollars. Now, I ask you, are our legislators modern alchemists? They can turn weeds into plants worth millions of dollars.

I am impressed, I can tell you.
well, our legislators are not the brightest bulbs in the pack
those with real smarts are smart enough not to go into politics

that's the tragedy of it.

The problem is more when their is no war against drugs, then the power of druglords becomes so great that they begin to control countries. As a result you will create a failed state that is bought by druglords with the big amounts of money that they earn.

We can destroy the power of the drug lords by destroying the market for their drugs right here in America. Legalize drugs under the control of the government just as we do with alcohol and tobacco, and use some of the tax money we collect on them to help people who develop drug problems. The drugs sold would be safer and much of the criminal culture that depends on drug sales will disappear just as the criminal culture that was sustained by Prohibition largely disappeared with the end of Prohibition. Legal corporations would buy the ingredients directly from third world farmers, pretty much ending the loyalty these people feel for the drug lords now, and the illicit sale of drugs would no longer be a source of revenue rebel groups.

Everyone wins but the criminals.
sorry, i disagree with using a product that causes those kinds of problem to FUND the very problems it causes
neither tax nor support the assholes that use it

You know why they call it "weed"? Of course you do. My point is that - I don't know what it's like where you are but where I am you can chuck a few seeds in the back yard, give them a bit of water (but don't get caught because you'll get a bigger fine for using water unlawfully than for growing dope! :lol: ) and bingo, your very own dope plants.

But guess what. Legislators have turned this weed into a magic crop. It has a value beyond that of anything else you can grow here. Check this out, a couple of days ago.

AdelaideNow... SA Police find huge cannabis crop inside greenhouses at Virginia

4000 weeds, big ones, but weeds, are worth $60 million dollars. Now, I ask you, are our legislators modern alchemists? They can turn weeds into plants worth millions of dollars.

I am impressed, I can tell you.
well, our legislators are not the brightest bulbs in the pack
those with real smarts are smart enough not to go into politics

that's the tragedy of it.
anyone with smarts is smart enough not to take the public rectal exam that is required today

most people have done things in their life they are not proud of and dont want it made public

doesnt "adults, and consetual" cover that?

Pretty much yes, however. There is a reason why rape is one of the hardest laws in the country to convict, either more difficult then rape. That reason being unless there is physical evidence then it's difficult to prove whether or not the woman is telling the truth.

Doesn't help that alot of women falsely accuse guys of rape for various reasons.

Did you change your mind in the last two weeks?

Read my post. My position was taken miscorrectly and furthermore that has been one of the issues I've always been iffy about.

But I had time to sit down and think about it during a study period one day in school and figured if I'm going to be for recreational drugs then I see no reason why not Prostitution as long as there are guidelines. The guidelines I stated in my post.

The minute anything is prohibited like Drugs, Prostitution,etc is the second that the Government gives up all control over it and gives control to people even worse then the government.

Last edited:
and as for prostitution, as long as its all adults, and consentual, who gives a rats ass what they do

I agree somewhat I will state for the record. However, the problem with prostitution is that it's not always adults and not always consentual.

Not too old reports show that the average age of entry into Prostitution is 13, prevalence of incest among prostitutes range from 65 to 90%, most studies show about 65% to 80%+ of Prostitutes raped at some point.

Having said that; make the age that women can be Prostitutes 18 and decriminalize it while still making pimps and brothels illegal and I'll be fine with it.

That, and anyone shown to be human trafficking either women or children into prostitute be given life sentences.

works for me.

and as for prostitution, as long as its all adults, and consentual, who gives a rats ass what they do

I agree somewhat I will state for the record. However, the problem with prostitution is that it's not always adults and not always consentual.

Not too old reports show that the average age of entry into Prostitution is 13, prevalence of incest among prostitutes range from 65 to 90%, most studies show about 65% to 80%+ of Prostitutes raped at some point.

Having said that; make the age that women can be Prostitutes 18 and decriminalize it while still making pimps and brothels illegal and I'll be fine with it.

That, and anyone shown to be human trafficking either women or children into prostitute be given life sentences.

works for me.

i disagree

i think it should be a death penalty offense
they remove basic human rights from others
fuck em

Last edited:
works for me.

See Elvis, we can eventually agree when we both decide to sit down and discuss. :lol:

Though I don't think we should tax Prostitution if and when we do everything I stated. It just feels wrong.

Though I would tax the Recreational Drugs, the amount of revenue that would bring in would easily help the faltering economy at the moment.

Especially since Marijuana is the #1 Cash Crop in the U.S.

works for me.

See Elvis, we can eventually agree when we both decide to sit down and discuss. :lol:

Though I don't think we should tax Prostitution if and when we do everything I stated. It just feels wrong.

Though I would tax the Recreational Drugs, the amount of revenue that would bring in would easily help the faltering economy at the moment.

Especially since Marijuana is the #1 Cash Crop in the U.S.
i think it is morally wrong to tax something while you are also spending money to keep people from using
same thing with the subsidies for tobacco
all that should end

i disagree

fuck em

I assume you're referring to my post. The Death Penalty sadly is really not a deterrent. Though I do feel that we should kill the fuckers, don't get me wrong. It wouldn't really solve anything except more holes to dig and fill.

i disagree

fuck em

I assume you're referring to my post. The Death Penalty sadly is really not a deterrent. Though I do feel that we should kill the fuckers, don't get me wrong. It wouldn't really solve anything except more holes to dig and fill.

Put them in jail. Make sure then general population knows that they were in for trafficking sex slaves. Let the prisoners handle it.

doesnt "adults, and consetual" cover that?

Pretty much yes, however. There is a reason why rape is one of the hardest laws in the country to convict, either more difficult then rape. That reason being unless there is physical evidence then it's difficult to prove whether or not the woman is telling the truth.

Doesn't help that alot of women falsely accuse guys of rape for various reasons.

New thread? It's an interesting discussion.

i disagree

fuck em

really???

low life slimes could be used for fish food
:D

The problem is more when their is no war against drugs, then the power of druglords becomes so great that they begin to control countries. As a result you will create a failed state that is bought by druglords with the big amounts of money that they earn.

We can destroy the power of the drug lords by destroying the market for their drugs right here in America. Legalize drugs under the control of the government just as we do with alcohol and tobacco, and use some of the tax money we collect on them to help people who develop drug problems. The drugs sold would be safer and much of the criminal culture that depends on drug sales will disappear just as the criminal culture that was sustained by Prohibition largely disappeared with the end of Prohibition. Legal corporations would buy the ingredients directly from third world farmers, pretty much ending the loyalty these people feel for the drug lords now, and the illicit sale of drugs would no longer be a source of revenue rebel groups.

Everyone wins but the criminals.
sorry, i disagree with using a product that causes those kinds of problem to FUND the very problems it causes
neither tax nor support the assholes that use it

That's what some once said about demon rum, but most would agree that the benefits of ending prohibition far outweigh the downside of wider use of alcohol.

During the Civil War an estimated 50,000 morphine addicts were created by field hospitals that kept wounded soldiers on morphine sometimes for long periods waiting for them to either heal or die, but in those days, morphine was not a restricted drug and the vast majority of these people were able to obtain the drug legally from doctors or pharmacists and were able to lead normal lives.

Just as with alcohol, relatively few of the people who use drugs become addicted to them, and, imo, the social benefits of getting rid of the criminal organizations that are sustained by our drug laws far outweighs the social cost of the few people who will now become addicted because the drugs were legalized.

because you are using profits from the sale of the item you are trying to stop people from using
its just WRONG

But if you legalize it and no longer try to stop people from children; is it still wrong? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back