WalMart to shut 100s of stores

But they are also opening about 300 new ones this year too. Most of the stores being closed are their new Walmart Express format, which I guess was supposed to be similar to a convenience store, but it didn't really catch on.

I was wondering what they were when I read the article this morning, seen the WalMart grocery stores in Arizona , but not them.

But they are also opening about 300 new ones this year too. Most of the stores being closed are their new Walmart Express format, which I guess was supposed to be similar to a convenience store, but it didn't really catch on.

The one they are closing by me is a super store. They have a hell of a business there. I get my prescriptions from that Walmart and every time I go there, it's loaded with people. It makes no sense to me. In fact they just did a huge repaving job on their parking lot last fall. Must have cost them tens of thousands of dollars.

Well its a good think the BILLIONAIRE Walton's won't be harmed by this,just the poor bastards that work there to make a living on damn near min wage.. Fucking hate The Walton's. I got 2 of those stupid markets here I been in them a few times....not as many mexishits but other than that I prefer Kroger or Ingles.

walmart is not going under, it's is the #2 retailer in N America and it just got passed by Amazon about 6 months ago.

the economy sucks, so places, like walmart will see over all growth.

. As much as I like the price of gasoline I know it comes at a price, meaning bankrupcy and people being put out of work. The Obama legacy just gets better and better.
Oblama does not run WalMart..

Walmart is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' I don't shop there. And those who do, are supporting ugly greed. Stop supporting such ugliness, shop elsewhere.

Piss up a rope, I love Walmart.

I wouldn't be boasting about that. Everytime you shop there you make Alice Walton a little bit richer. And she's a stone cold killer. You're supporting pure evil. Everyone who shops at Walmart should learn about Alice Walton's bloody sordid history. She killed a good man and cost another one his job. To hell with her and Walmart.

Walmart is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' I don't shop there. And those who do, are supporting ugly greed. Stop supporting such ugliness, shop elsewhere.

I wouldn't be boasting about that. Everytime you shop there you make Alice Walton a little bit richer. And she's a stone cold killer. You're supporting pure evil. Everyone who shops at Walmart should learn about Alice Walton's bloody sordid history. She killed a good man and cost another one his job. To hell with her and Walmart.

"When it's all said and done, I really hope that I have given more than I've received, that I've given enough to make a difference in people's lives," Alice says

Boo Hoo for the Waltons. :cry:

Nah, just kidding. Some of em should be in prison. One is a stone cold murderer...

The Untold Story of Alice Walton's DWI Incident

It was a routine arrest, the kind Texas Public Safety officers like Trooper Jeffrey Davis make every day. But little did Davis know that the woman he had just booked for driving while intoxicated possessed a superhuman power. She wasn't able to walk heel to toe. She couldn't put her index finger to her nose if her eyes were shut. She even had a hard time keeping her head up. In other words, she failed the Standardized Roadside Sobriety Test that Davis administered the evening of Oct. 7, 2011 and was arrested.

Yet, she was Alice Walton, heiress to the Walmart fortune, a woman with a superhuman power at her disposal. The power to swipe-up artistic masterpieces prized around the world and horde them in backwater Bentonville, Ark. The power to keep an international payroll of three million people doing your bidding, under the boot of poverty. It's the power to fly, to fly above the law. The superhuman power of money...

More:

The Untold Story of Alice Walton's DWI Incident
So how long have you been working for Walmart?

had to get a new phone for my mother and it was $60 less at Walmart than Target, both on sale. For some people Walmart is the only way to make their budget last.
Food fresh, large selection. OK, I hate the lines and the store is too far and parking is terrible. If you have a limited or fixed income and willing to wait in long lines, its your store, good.

Every business is there to make money and does what it needs to. So some rich people are jerks, some poor people are also jerks.

Most of the stories that walmart are closing are their express stores. Only four are super stores and a handful food markets.

Macy's also is forced to lay off thousands and close more than a 100 stores.

Grocery stores have gone out of business, others have shut dozens of their doors.

"It's the economy stupid"

and Obama make the SOTU economy sound so strong............... in his own imagination

That'll teach those greedy fucking workers for trying to extort more money from our beloved Waltons.

Forum List

Back