WalMart to shut 100s of stores

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
No matter what one thinks of the Walmart business model this ain't good news for the low income and poor of the country. It ain't good news for no one. As much as I like the price of gasoline I know it comes at a price, meaning bankrupcy and people being put out of work. The Obama legacy just gets better and better. (sic)

Retail Sales in U.S. Decrease to End Weakest Year Since 2009
[/FONT]

Sales at U.S. retailers declined in December to wrap the weakest year since 2009, raising concern about the momentum in consumer spending heading into 2016.
The 0.1 percent drop matched the median forecast of 84 economists surveyed by Bloomberg and followed a 0.4 percent gain in November, Commerce Department figures showed Friday in Washington. For all of 2015, purchases climbed 2.1 percent, the smallest advance of the current economic expansion.

I guess they have to dig those secret tunnels somewhere. Might as well be between closed Walmart stores.

If this happens, how will the left blame anyone other then Obama?

A recession worse than 2008 is coming

The S&P 500 has begun 2016 with its worst performance ever. This has prompted Wall Street apologists to come out in full force and try to explain why the chaos in global currencies and equities will not be a repeat of 2008. Nor do they want investors to believe this environment is commensurate with the dot-com bubble bursting. They claim the current turmoil in China is not even comparable to the 1997 Asian debt crisis.

No matter what one thinks of the Walmart business model this ain't good news for the low income and poor of the country. It ain't good news for no one. As much as I like the price of gasoline I know it comes at a price, meaning bankrupcy and people being put out of work. The Obama legacy just gets better and better. (sic)

[/FONT]

Sales at U.S. retailers declined in December to wrap the weakest year since 2009, raising concern about the momentum in consumer spending heading into 2016.
The 0.1 percent drop matched the median forecast of 84 economists surveyed by Bloomberg and followed a 0.4 percent gain in November, Commerce Department figures showed Friday in Washington. For all of 2015, purchases climbed 2.1 percent, the smallest advance of the current economic expansion.
Amazon, probably.
Free market capitalism is Beautiful...

But they are also opening about 300 new ones this year too. Most of the stores being closed are their new Walmart Express format, which I guess was supposed to be similar to a convenience store, but it didn't really catch on.

But they are also opening about 300 new ones this year too. Most of the stores being closed are their new Walmart Express format, which I guess was supposed to be similar to a convenience store, but it didn't really catch on.

This is what I have heard as well on my local AM station.

Walmart is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' I don't shop there. And those who do, are supporting ugly greed. Stop supporting such ugliness, shop elsewhere.

[/FONT]

Almost all of those closures are 'Wal Mart Express'....baby walmarts that the company launched as a pilot in 2011.

The model isn't working out for walmart.

It's pretty clear Walmart is maxed-out on revenue sources. There's nowhere to go but down. It'll be a slow miserable decline. And for some, that sounds pretty good. Couldn't happen to a nicer buncha bastids. ;)

[/FONT]

Lower gas prices decrease the cost to businesses also. It has nothing to do with decrease in consumer confidence.

The bigger culprit is the vastly increasing cost of living due to over-burdensome regulation. In IL property taxes are also killing us.

Boo Hoo for the Waltons. :cry:

Nah, just kidding. Some of em should be in prison. One is a stone cold murderer...

The Untold Story of Alice Walton's DWI Incident

It was a routine arrest, the kind Texas Public Safety officers like Trooper Jeffrey Davis make every day. But little did Davis know that the woman he had just booked for driving while intoxicated possessed a superhuman power. She wasn't able to walk heel to toe. She couldn't put her index finger to her nose if her eyes were shut. She even had a hard time keeping her head up. In other words, she failed the Standardized Roadside Sobriety Test that Davis administered the evening of Oct. 7, 2011 and was arrested.

Yet, she was Alice Walton, heiress to the Walmart fortune, a woman with a superhuman power at her disposal. The power to swipe-up artistic masterpieces prized around the world and horde them in backwater Bentonville, Ark. The power to keep an international payroll of three million people doing your bidding, under the boot of poverty. It's the power to fly, to fly above the law. The superhuman power of money...

More:

The Untold Story of Alice Walton's DWI Incident

It's pretty clear Walmart is maxed-out on revenue sources. There's nowhere to go but down. It'll be a slow miserable decline. And for some, that sounds pretty good. Couldn't happen to a nicer buncha bastids. ;)

No, its clear that Walmart's new 'Express' model doesn't work for them. So they're building more supercenters while shutting down the express stores.

Also, after extensive protests, Walmart employees were finally granted a wage hike. This is said to effect 2,000,000 workers.

Workers make more money, workers shop more, economy flourishes.

If this happens, how will the left blame anyone other then Obama?

A recession worse than 2008 is coming

The S&P 500 has begun 2016 with its worst performance ever. This has prompted Wall Street apologists to come out in full force and try to explain why the chaos in global currencies and equities will not be a repeat of 2008. Nor do they want investors to believe this environment is commensurate with the dot-com bubble bursting. They claim the current turmoil in China is not even comparable to the 1997 Asian debt crisis.

How will they? They will continue to blame Bush until a new GOP President is elected and then it will be his/her fault. Heaven forbid that they admit their fearless leader's policies and incompetence and overreach has made things much much worse than they had to be.

so much for Obama's SOTU about how great the economy is and so many jobs created

Everyone should check out the bloody sordid history of Alice Walton. A stone cold murderer. She's the kind of monster you're supporting when you shop at Walmart. To hell with her and Walmart.

Forum List

Back