Walmart To Raise Age Requirement To Purchase Firearms, Ammunition

I wonder if the NRA can get the Ak Senate to follow the example of the Ga Senate and punish WalMart for making a business decision they do not agree with.

5a9740311e000008087ad1ee.jpeg

The retail giant said it’s making changes to its gun sale policies “in light of recent events.”

Walmart has vowed to raise its age requirement to 21 years old for customers looking to purchase firearms or ammunition from their stores.

The retail giant decided to change its firearms policy “in light of recent events,” Walmart said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

In addition to the age requirement, Walmart will be removing from its website any items that resemble “assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys.”

“We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” the company’s statement read.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

More: Walmart To Raise Age Requirement To Purchase Firearms, Ammunition

I salute Walmart for doing the right thing. What do you think?

They are going to run into an issue in the 19 states that ban discrimination based on age in a Public Accommodation.

Always the idiot ASS CLOWN. You know damn well it is because conservatives don't go around calling all of your advertisers and business partners and threatening them with slander, law suits and bad press. They don't show up on your doorstep in mobs with angry hateful signs making all kinds of unfounded allegations. The Fascist Left like you threatens these companies that they are afraid of the potential loss of business, the bad press, or both. Or just don't want the headache and expense of fighting you. Most companies are cowards built upon making money, not standing up for principles.

Conservatives just get the government to punish private organizations for making a business decision they did not agree with.

That is their prerogative and I respect their decision. Dick's branded stores haven't sold the AR style rifle since 2012, the change in age for sales aside, this move only applies only to their Field and Stream branded stores. But good on them. Though I believe the decision is as much a publicity play as anything else.

That being said... and I posted this in another thread in reference to this topic...

Fucking pussies. Sell them all or sell none at all.

This is like a store saying they will no longer sell cigarettes, but they'll continue selling loose tobacco and Zig Zags...

All or none? Damn, that's pretty dumb.

Why? If they really want to make a difference, terminate all gun sales. They're still selling semi-automatic handguns with 17 round magazines. Somehow they're less deadly? Not in the right hands they're not, especially in the settings in which we see most of these these shootings. Both Dick's and Field and Stream have plenty of other products to keep customers coming in the door and their websites, what's the big deal?

This is a typical WalMart reaction, they always overreact to everything. They are the most knee jerk company there is.

That is their prerogative and I respect their decision. Dick's branded stores haven't sold the AR style rifle since 2012, the change in age for sales aside, this move only applies only to their Field and Stream branded stores. But good on them. Though I believe the decision is as much a publicity play as anything else.

That being said... and I posted this in another thread in reference to this topic...

This is like a store saying they will no longer sell cigarettes, but they'll continue selling loose tobacco and Zig Zags...

Why? If they really want to make a difference, terminate all gun sales. They're still selling semi-automatic handguns with 17 round magazines. Somehow they're less deadly? Not in the right hands they're not, especially in the settings in which we see most of these these shootings. Both Dick's and Field and Stream have plenty of other products to keep customers coming in the door and their websites, what's the big deal?

Hanguns in .223 caliber? Must be one hellacious pistol grip.

I think you've been lied to by the Huffpost. Why would Walmart ever do that? They are in rural areas and probably not going to take legal gun ownership age on their own. That's not their job. I think this is bullshit since all your links go back to a hufpo article and nothing to Walmart.

Are you really that dumb? Did you click on Walmart's statement link in the OP? Here, try The New York Times.

Walmart and Dick’s Raise Minimum Age for Gun Buyers to 21
Well there's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Since when do companies set legal age limits? Are you seriously thinking all these nasty corporations you hate are suddenly ok with setting national law? How the fuck does that work? Can gas companies not sell fuel to 16 year olds cars because they may have a wreck?

Any time you the person who hates corporations such as Walmart are cheering when they are setting national policy and law seems concerning to me.

You know damn well it is because conservatives don't go around calling all of your advertisers and business partners and threatening them with slander, law suits and bad press.
No crybaby, it isn't . it's because they are adopting the positions of and catering to the majority. Sorry cackler, you ain't normal

If it was the position of the majority, Lemming, they would have already been doing it years ago. They sold that stuff because it SOLD. PEOPLE WANTED THEM, Jack. Lots and LOTS of people. You wouldn't be in the "majority" of anything if you locked yourself in a room by yourself and threw away the key.

The retail giant said it’s making changes to its gun sale policies “in light of recent events.”

Walmart has vowed to raise its age requirement to 21 years old for customers looking to purchase firearms or ammunition from their stores.

The retail giant decided to change its firearms policy “in light of recent events,” Walmart said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

In addition to the age requirement, Walmart will be removing from its website any items that resemble “assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys.”

“We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” the company’s statement read.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

It’s pure and simple political/economic pressure. What Walmart will realize is that them not selling guns to 18 year old kids will have little or no impact on the problem, because the problem is some people are murders. Murders find ways to break the law. If we banned all assault rifles, if we banned all hand guns, and if we limited magazine size, there would still be people who are going to kill. When will we pull our collective head out of the sand, and focus on why so many have resorted to killing kids at school, because we have always had guns.

From the OP:

Good for Walmart.
LMAO! an airsoft assault weapon eh? Looks menacing, shoots rubber balls. Must be banned.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

------------------------------------ i think SO WHAT , private business in a free country can do as they like , same goes for 'dick' and with their new rules gun buyers go to private business like small gun shops that need the money Lakhota .

I think you've been lied to by the Huffpost. Why would Walmart ever do that? They are in rural areas and probably not going to take legal gun ownership age on their own. That's not their job. I think this is bullshit since all your links go back to a hufpo article and nothing to Walmart.

Are you really that dumb? Did you click on Walmart's statement link in the OP? Here, try The New York Times.

Well there's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Since when do companies set legal age limits? Are you seriously thinking all these nasty corporations you hate are suddenly ok with setting national law? How the fuck does that work? Can gas companies not sell fuel to 16 year olds cars because they may have a wreck?

Any time you the person who hates corporations such as Walmart are cheering when they are setting national policy and law seems concerning to me.

Duh, it's called capitalism. You've surely heard the religious reasons for not baking cakes for homos. Well...

From the OP:

Good for Walmart.
LMAO! an airsoft assault weapon eh? Looks menacing, shoots rubber balls. Must be banned.

Yep, many parents need guidance raising their kids.

Always the idiot ASS CLOWN. You know damn well it is because conservatives don't go around calling all of your advertisers and business partners and threatening them with slander, law suits and bad press. They don't show up on your doorstep in mobs with angry hateful signs making all kinds of unfounded allegations. The Fascist Left like you threatens these companies that they are afraid of the potential loss of business, the bad press, or both. Or just don't want the headache and expense of fighting you. Most companies are cowards built upon making money, not standing up for principles.

Conservatives just get the government to punish private organizations for making a business decision they did not agree with.

Hey delusional asshole, I think you are referring to governments like Obama's that sued a bakery and fined them $160,000 for not being willing to draw a picture of two guys porking each other up the ass! Now go hit a bucket of balls.

Hanguns in .223 caliber? Must be one hellacious pistol grip.

Are you really going to be this obtuse?

Companies can set any age limit they want. I do not know if they still require it but when I was a manager for WalMart you had to be 18 to buy spray paint.

Duh, it's called capitalism. You've surely heard the religious reasons for not baking cakes for homos. Well...
So you're all for capitalism now. But not really. You're for corporatism when the shoe fits.

Hey delusional asshole, I think you are referring to governments like Obama's that sued a bakery and fined them $160,000 for not being willing to draw a picture of two guys porking each other up the ass! Now go hit a bucket of balls.

Nope, that is not what I am talking about at all, so come clean my balls.

It's a knee-jerk reaction, but it likely won't effect their bottom line much, or solve the problem.

Forum List

Back