Walmart To Raise Age Requirement To Purchase Firearms, Ammunition

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5a9740311e000008087ad1ee.jpeg

The retail giant said it’s making changes to its gun sale policies “in light of recent events.”

Walmart has vowed to raise its age requirement to 21 years old for customers looking to purchase firearms or ammunition from their stores.

The retail giant decided to change its firearms policy “in light of recent events,” Walmart said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

In addition to the age requirement, Walmart will be removing from its website any items that resemble “assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys.”

“We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” the company’s statement read.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

More: Walmart To Raise Age Requirement To Purchase Firearms, Ammunition

I salute Walmart for doing the right thing. What do you think?

Last edited:
dicks.jpg

Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault weapons

Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) said it will no longer sell assault-style rifles and will raise its minimum purchase age for firearms to 21.

The retailer's policy changes come in the aftermath of the Parkland massacre. CEO Edward W. Stack noted that the store legally sold a shotgun to suspect Nikolas Cruz in 2017, although it wasn't the weapon he used in the shooting.

"But it could have been," Stack wrote.

DXH6tDVXkAA4OmD.jpg

More: Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault weapons - CBS News

I salute Dick's Sporting Goods for doing the right thing. Hopefully more companies will follow.

Last edited:
Great, that leaves 20 year olds living alone unable to protect themselves. Good job libtards.

I salute Dick's Sporting Goods for doing the right thing. Hopefully more companies will follow.

Just a lot of meaningless bullshit intended to solve NOTHING but maintain a false public image of "proactiveness" to keep all of the liberal activist groups out there from attacking their corporate image. None of this will solve a damned thing because the law is the law and if someone could have bought xyz at Dicks or Walmart, they can go right to any gun store and still purchase same----- probably for less money. All it will really do is mean more money and business for the other suppliers.

Besides, most gun crimes are committed with a handgun! :21:

I think you've been lied to by the Huffpost. Why would Walmart ever do that? They are in rural areas and probably not going to take legal gun ownership age on their own. That's not their job. I think this is bullshit since all your links go back to a hufpo article and nothing to Walmart.

I think you've been lied to by the Huffpost. Why would Walmart ever do that? They are in rural areas and probably not going to take legal gun ownership age on their own. That's not their job. I think this is bullshit since all your links go back to a hufpo article and nothing to Walmart.

Are you really that dumb? Did you click on Walmart's statement link in the OP? Here, try The New York Times.

Walmart and Dick’s Raise Minimum Age for Gun Buyers to 21

That is their prerogative and I respect their decision. Dick's branded stores haven't sold the AR style rifle since 2012, the change in age for sales aside, this move only applies only to their Field and Stream branded stores. But good on them. Though I believe the decision is as much a publicity play as anything else.

That being said... and I posted this in another thread in reference to this topic...

Fucking pussies. Sell them all or sell none at all.

This is like a store saying they will no longer sell cigarettes, but they'll continue selling loose tobacco and Zig Zags...

That is their prerogative and I respect their decision. Dick's branded stores haven't sold the AR style rifle since 2012, the change in age for sales aside, this move only applies only to their Field and Stream branded stores. But good on them. Though I believe the decision is as much a publicity play as anything else.

That being said... and I posted this in another thread in reference to this topic...

Fucking pussies. Sell them all or sell none at all.

This is like a store saying they will no longer sell cigarettes, but they'll continue selling loose tobacco and Zig Zags...

All or none? Damn, that's pretty dumb.

From the OP:

In addition to the age requirement, Walmart will be removing from its website any items that resemble “assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys.”

Good for Walmart.

The retail giant said it’s making changes to its gun sale policies “in light of recent events.”

Walmart has vowed to raise its age requirement to 21 years old for customers looking to purchase firearms or ammunition from their stores.

The retail giant decided to change its firearms policy “in light of recent events,” Walmart said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

“We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” the company’s statement read.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

Shrug. Pretty stupid, but I don't shop there. Toy guns? What wretched idiots.

to keep all of the liberal activist groups out there from attacking their corporate image.
And why arent they instead catering to the pseudo-conservative guntards?

Simple...they are few and on the wrong side of history .

Always the idiot ASS CLOWN. You know damn well it is because conservatives don't go around calling all of your advertisers and business partners and threatening them with slander, law suits and bad press. They don't show up on your doorstep in mobs with angry hateful signs making all kinds of unfounded allegations. The Fascist Left like you threatens these companies that they are afraid of the potential loss of business, the bad press, or both. Or just don't want the headache and expense of fighting you. Most companies are cowards built upon making money, not standing up for principles.

dicks.jpg

Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault weapons

Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) said it will no longer sell assault-style rifles and will raise its minimum purchase age for firearms to 21.

The retailer's policy changes come in the aftermath of the Parkland massacre. CEO Edward W. Stack noted that the store legally sold a shotgun to suspect Nikolas Cruz in 2017, although it wasn't the weapon he used in the shooting.

"But it could have been," Stack wrote.

DXH6tDVXkAA4OmD.jpg

More: Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault weapons - CBS News

I never salute dick, but knock yourself out. :lmao:

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

Shrug. Pretty stupid, but I don't shop there. Toy guns? What wretched idiots.
I like it! Let's stop glamorizing weapons of death. Let's stigmatize them.

You know damn well it is because conservatives don't go around calling all of your advertisers and business partners and threatening them with slander, law suits and bad press.
No crybaby, it isn't . it's because they are adopting the positions of and catering to the majority. Sorry cackler, you ain't normal

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

The GOP/DOP Great Douche is coming for OUR Guns. Obama never did these thangs like this.

Forum List

Back