Walmart Proves that the Trump Tax Cuts are Bogus

It didn't take long to see in color how Lying Trump's tax cuts are for the Top 1% ~ The GOP's Bogus night time Fairytale for the Trump-Pets
:bigbed:

Wal-Mart has announced thousands of layoffs since publicizing bonuses and benefits expansion

Wal-Mart has announced thousands of layoffs since publicizing bonuses and benefits expansion

Wal-Mart to offer one-time bonus of up to $1,000 – only for 20-year management veterans

( And to add, they plan on replacing the veterans with new managers with less pay )

Many companies have announced new bonuses or accelerated schedules on pre-announced perks since tax reforms passed. But only 2% of American adults say they’ve gotten a raise, bonus or other benefits because of the new tax law, according to a recent study.
COST, -1.28% Wal-Mart’s head-to-head with Amazon has extended into online grocery, voice commerce, speedy online order delivery and other areas.

BTW: Middle class tax cuts will expire while the top 1% keeps theirs permanently
House tax plan: All in middle class eventually get tax hike?

images
5902b6961c00003c00e82299.jpg

View attachment 174847
Think about it....wal mart.....as rich as they are, will announce bonuses, of $1000 for 20 year+ veteran management....

I can promise you, 20 year+ management bonuses are already well over $1000 already. A $1,000 bonus obviously doesn't apply to them.

It's nice to have an insider in Walmart to get the true skinny.....
So when do you hit your twenty years?
Walmart to Raise U.S. Wages, Provide One-Time Bonus and Expand Hourly Maternity and Parental Leave

So, according to wal marts own website, it doesn't say 20+ year management veterans. It say all eligible full time and part time employees will receive a bonus. The amount will be dependant on your length of service. 20+ year EMOLOYEES (not management) will receive $1000, but less time in service will mean less of a bonus.

Also,.they will raise their starting pay to $11 per hour and they are expanding their parental leave policies and doing a few other things.

I don't work for wal mart, but I do know how companies operate. Like I said, management and upper management already receive bonuses each year, at a pretty good sum, id bet dollars to doughnuts that all management is actually excluded from this bonus plan and it only applies to regular hourly employees. I can theorize that because management types are already getting bonuses.

Last edited:
It didn't take long to see in color how Lying Trump's tax cuts are for the Top 1% ~ The GOP's Bogus night time Fairytale for the Trump-Pets
:bigbed:

Wal-Mart to offer one-time bonus of up to $1,000 – only for 20-year management veterans

( And to add, they plan on replacing the veterans with new managers with less pay )

Many companies have announced new bonuses or accelerated schedules on pre-announced perks since tax reforms passed. But only 2% of American adults say they’ve gotten a raise, bonus or other benefits because of the new tax law, according to a recent study.
COST, -1.28% Wal-Mart’s head-to-head with Amazon has extended into online grocery, voice commerce, speedy online order delivery and other areas.

BTW: Middle class tax cuts will expire while the top 1% keeps theirs permanently
House tax plan: All in middle class eventually get tax hike?

images
5902b6961c00003c00e82299.jpg

View attachment 174847
Think about it....wal mart.....as rich as they are, will announce bonuses, of $1000 for 20 year+ veteran management....

I can promise you, 20 year+ management bonuses are already well over $1000 already. A $1,000 bonus obviously doesn't apply to them.

It's nice to have an insider in Walmart to get the true skinny.....
So when do you hit your twenty years?
Walmart to Raise U.S. Wages, Provide One-Time Bonus and Expand Hourly Maternity and Parental Leave

So, according to wal marts own website, it doesn't say 20+ year management veterans. It say all eligible full time and part time employees will receive a bonus. The amount will be dependant on your length of service. 20+ year EMOLOYEES (not management) will receive $1000, but less time in service will mean less of a bonus.

Also,.they will raise their starting pay to $11 per hour and they are expanding their parental leave policies and doing a few other things.

I don't work for wal mart, but I do know how companies operate. Like I said, management and upper management already receive bonuses each year, at a pretty good sum, id bet dollars to doughnuts that all management is actually excluded from this bonus plan and it only applies to regular hourly employees. I can theorize that because management types are already getting bonuses.

Thats great!!
Thanks Trump!!

Reagan closed all of the mental health hospitals too , so you see them living homeless talking to themselves..

You have to be suicidal to even be seen by a doctor in the emergency rooms now..

What really happened......
Reagan Didn't Close Down Mental Hospitals - The Gormogons

Yup!

It was Democrat JFK

1." On Feb. 5, 1963, ... President John F. Kennedy addressed Congress on "Mental Illness and Mental Retardation." He proposed a new program under which the federal government would fund community mental-health centers, or CMHCs, to take the place of state mental hospitals. As Kennedy envisioned it, "reliance on the cold mercy of custodial isolations will be supplanted by the open warmth of community concern and capability."

2. Kennedy's proposal was historic because the public care of mentally ill individuals had been exclusively a state responsibility for more than a century. The federal initiative encouraged the closing of state hospitals and aborted the development of state-funded outpatient clinics in process at that time.

3. .... the feds funded 789 CMHCs with a total of $2.7 billion ($20.3 billion in today's dollars). During those same years, the number of patients in state mental hospitals fell by three quarters—to 132,164 from 504,604—and those beds were closed down.

a. .... CMHCs were not interested in taking care of the patients being discharged from the state hospitals. Instead, they focused on individuals with less severe problems sometimes called "the worried well."
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323539804578260023200841756

Your's is a blog ... I know for a fact that Reagan closed down state hospitals in California when he was governor.. I actually went on the news to help a family member who could not get help..

What Reagan is not readily known for is the long term effect of a law he repealed that essentially deinstitutionalized mentally ill patients at the federal level (Roberts, 2013). His decision to deinstitutionalize mentally ill patients had a much more deleterious effect on these patients, their communities, and the agencies that were left to contend with these individuals’ mental health issues (Honberg, 2015).

Reagan gave the appearance of making a consequentialist ethical decision because he presented his repeal of OBRA as an action that would best serve American society and do more good than harm as a result. The OBRA gave mental patients a choice to seek treatment outside of a mental institution, an option to seek treatment at clinics at the state level, and the freedom to administer their own medication (PSY533, 2017) (Pan, 2013). However, Reagan was hasty in taking unsound advice to repeal OBRA because his real motive was to cut the federal budget (Roberts, 2013). He was a leader who “never exhibited any interest in the need for research or better treatment for serious mental illness” (Torrey, 2017).

U01: Ronald Reagan and the Federal Deinstitutionalization of Mentally Ill Patients | PSY 533: Ethics and Leadership (Wheeler)

This is the correct order: JFK......Carter.....Reagan

Now....have someone explain this to you:

"Deinstitutionalization was based on the principle that severe mental illness should be treated in the least restrictive setting. As further defined by President Jimmy Carter's Commission on Mental Health, this ideology rested on "the objective of maintaining the greatest degree of freedom, self-determination, autonomy, dignity, and integrity of body, mind, and spirit for the individual while he or she participates in treatment or receives services."8 This is a laudable goal and for many, perhaps for the majority of those who are deinstitutionalized, it has been at least partially realized." Deinstitutionalization - Special Reports | The New Asylums | FRONTLINE | PBS

JFK died one month after signing it and it fell apart..Also JFK didn't close them , he wanted to build better ones..

1963 President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act. This pushes the responsibility of mentally ill patients from the state toward the federal government. JFK wanted to create a network of community mental health centers where mentally ill people could live in the community while receiving care. JFK could have been inspired to act because his younger sister, Rosemary, was mentally disabled, received a lobotomy and spent her life hidden away.

Less than a month after signing the new legislation, JFK is assassinated. He doesn’t see the plan through. The community mental health centers never receive stable funding, and even 15 years later less than half the promised centers are built.

1967 Ronald Reagan is elected governor of California. At this point, the number of patients in state hospitals had fallen to 22,000, and the Reagan administration uses the decline as a reason to make cuts to the Department of Mental Hygiene. They cut 2,600 jobs and 10 percent of the budget despite reports showing that hospitals were already below recommended staffing levels.

1967 Reagan signs the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act and ends the practice of institutionalizing patients against their will, or for indefinite amounts of time. This law is regarded by some as a “patient’s bill of rights”. Sadly, the care outside state hospitals was inadequate. The year after the law goes into effect, a study shows the number of mentally ill people entering San Mateo’s criminal justice system doubles.

"The dollar cost of this liberal vision of deinstitutionalization of mentally ill people is a relatively small part of the burden placed on society. Many innocent people have been assaulted, robbed and murdered by mentally ill people. Businesspeople and their customers have had to cope with the nuisance created by the mentally ill. The police response to misbehavior and crime committed by the mentally ill is to arrest them. Thus, they are put in jeopardy of mistreatment by hardened criminals in the nation's jails and prisons. Worst of all is the fact that the liberals who engineered the shutting down of mental institutions have never been held accountable for their folly."
Walter E. Williams - Another Liberal-Created Failure

A store manager can receive up to 110% of their salary as a bonus if they hit all the right marks in a year. The Shift managers (number 2 behind the manager) can get up to 75% and the Asst Managers 50%. The rest of the store gets shit.

Yup!

It was Democrat JFK

1." On Feb. 5, 1963, ... President John F. Kennedy addressed Congress on "Mental Illness and Mental Retardation." He proposed a new program under which the federal government would fund community mental-health centers, or CMHCs, to take the place of state mental hospitals. As Kennedy envisioned it, "reliance on the cold mercy of custodial isolations will be supplanted by the open warmth of community concern and capability."

2. Kennedy's proposal was historic because the public care of mentally ill individuals had been exclusively a state responsibility for more than a century. The federal initiative encouraged the closing of state hospitals and aborted the development of state-funded outpatient clinics in process at that time.

3. .... the feds funded 789 CMHCs with a total of $2.7 billion ($20.3 billion in today's dollars). During those same years, the number of patients in state mental hospitals fell by three quarters—to 132,164 from 504,604—and those beds were closed down.

a. .... CMHCs were not interested in taking care of the patients being discharged from the state hospitals. Instead, they focused on individuals with less severe problems sometimes called "the worried well."
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323539804578260023200841756

Your's is a blog ... I know for a fact that Reagan closed down state hospitals in California when he was governor.. I actually went on the news to help a family member who could not get help..

What Reagan is not readily known for is the long term effect of a law he repealed that essentially deinstitutionalized mentally ill patients at the federal level (Roberts, 2013). His decision to deinstitutionalize mentally ill patients had a much more deleterious effect on these patients, their communities, and the agencies that were left to contend with these individuals’ mental health issues (Honberg, 2015).

Reagan gave the appearance of making a consequentialist ethical decision because he presented his repeal of OBRA as an action that would best serve American society and do more good than harm as a result. The OBRA gave mental patients a choice to seek treatment outside of a mental institution, an option to seek treatment at clinics at the state level, and the freedom to administer their own medication (PSY533, 2017) (Pan, 2013). However, Reagan was hasty in taking unsound advice to repeal OBRA because his real motive was to cut the federal budget (Roberts, 2013). He was a leader who “never exhibited any interest in the need for research or better treatment for serious mental illness” (Torrey, 2017).

U01: Ronald Reagan and the Federal Deinstitutionalization of Mentally Ill Patients | PSY 533: Ethics and Leadership (Wheeler)

This is the correct order: JFK......Carter.....Reagan

Now....have someone explain this to you:

"Deinstitutionalization was based on the principle that severe mental illness should be treated in the least restrictive setting. As further defined by President Jimmy Carter's Commission on Mental Health, this ideology rested on "the objective of maintaining the greatest degree of freedom, self-determination, autonomy, dignity, and integrity of body, mind, and spirit for the individual while he or she participates in treatment or receives services."8 This is a laudable goal and for many, perhaps for the majority of those who are deinstitutionalized, it has been at least partially realized." Deinstitutionalization - Special Reports | The New Asylums | FRONTLINE | PBS

JFK died one month after signing it and it fell apart..Also JFK didn't close them , he wanted to build better ones..

1963 President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act. This pushes the responsibility of mentally ill patients from the state toward the federal government. JFK wanted to create a network of community mental health centers where mentally ill people could live in the community while receiving care. JFK could have been inspired to act because his younger sister, Rosemary, was mentally disabled, received a lobotomy and spent her life hidden away.

Less than a month after signing the new legislation, JFK is assassinated. He doesn’t see the plan through. The community mental health centers never receive stable funding, and even 15 years later less than half the promised centers are built.

1967 Ronald Reagan is elected governor of California. At this point, the number of patients in state hospitals had fallen to 22,000, and the Reagan administration uses the decline as a reason to make cuts to the Department of Mental Hygiene. They cut 2,600 jobs and 10 percent of the budget despite reports showing that hospitals were already below recommended staffing levels.

1967 Reagan signs the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act and ends the practice of institutionalizing patients against their will, or for indefinite amounts of time. This law is regarded by some as a “patient’s bill of rights”. Sadly, the care outside state hospitals was inadequate. The year after the law goes into effect, a study shows the number of mentally ill people entering San Mateo’s criminal justice system doubles.

It was Democrat JFK's plan
Carter continued it.
The plan was a failure....so Reagan turned it over to the states.

President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act to provide federal funding for the construction of community-based preventive care and treatment facilities. Between the Vietnam War and an economic crisis, the program was never adequately funded.

Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter’s community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government’s role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.

TIMELINE: Deinstitutionalization And Its Consequences

Nothing came of JFKs because of his death...

Ronald Reagan was Governor 1967- 1975 and shut the California mental hospitals then..

"…. it has now become politically correct to claim that this federal program failed because not enough centers were funded and not enough money was spent. But that's not true. Torrey says: "Altogether, the annual total public funds for the support and treatment of mentally ill individuals is now more than $140 billion. The equivalent expenditure in 1963 when President John F. Kennedy proposed the CMHC program was $1 billion, or about $10 billion in today's dollars. Even allowing for the increase in U.S. population, what we are getting for this 14-fold increase in spending is a disgrace."
Walter E. Williams - Another Liberal-Created Failure

A store manager can receive up to 110% of their salary as a bonus if they hit all the right marks in a year. The Shift managers (number 2 behind the manager) can get up to 75% and the Asst Managers 50%. The rest of the store gets shit.
Sounds like a good reason to work oneself into management.

Put the blame where it belongs.
Online shopping.
But the tax cuts were for jobs. I agree it's online shopping motivating Wal-Mart, but that doesn't detract from what the gop's true motivation was. It was about boosting corp profits.

Not that that's in itself a bad thing, but cutting indivd taxes for the 1% seems .... redundant.

Sounds like a good reason to work oneself into management.

They earn their money, the amount of hours they are expected to work once they become salary is crazy.

I have worked my way back to about equal what I was making as Shift Manager for them when I first got out of the Marines. But broken down I am making about 12 dollars more an hour.

Forum List

Back