Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

acknowledge that a great many working Americans are under paid.

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

And this ain't Burger King. You don't get it both ways.

Sorry, but those aren't the only two possibilities. Here's a third one:

They are paid exactly what their skills are worth, but they still qualify for government benefits, and no one turns down free money.

If you finally understand what you wrote, THEN QUIT BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING GOVERNMENT MONEY. Why should a person not apply for this free money and why should Walmart pay any more that they have to?

You say they are paid what they are worth and that they still qualify for government benefits and you understand how this situation has occurred.

Then why is it something to be bitched about, rehashed and argued about over and over? It is what it is because that's the way we want it. Companies get to pay low wages, the public gets to help support the low wage earner while the low wage earner provides cheap labor to the companies. Who make a fortune for their stockholders and principals. Just the why it ought to be.

Makes sense. Right? Quit bitching about these low wage people on government benefits. You should love them.
They are the reason the Walmarts of the world are making lots of money. Low wages, cheap goods, American consumers/taxpayers . A capitalists dream.

You're the only one in here bitching about it, zeke. However, your theory that those are the only two choices is purely the result of your delusions of grandeur. I can think of lot's of other possible scenarios, like keeping my money and Walmart paying its employees whatever it likes.

You really are fucking stupid. You can stick your money up your ass for all I care. That will not change the fact that low wage workers are gonna apply for and qualify for and receive government benefits. And you and stupid people like you will bitch about low wage workers on government benefits all the while defending the employers who pay low wages.

Fuck you are stupid.

They can't receive government benefits if the government doesn't give out benefits. I want welfare eliminated. I don't care who qualifies for it.

I'm perfectly entitled to bitch about it as much as I want. However, you're the only on in this thread bitching about welfare.

That is NOT going to happen,not today,not tomorrow, not ever. So why not get behind a plan that can happen and can work instead of letting the liberals kick your ass all over the proverbial floor?

Your $10 minimum wage is also not going to happen either. Is this thread about what is politically feasible, or is it about what we would like to see happen?

Republicans held the WhiteHouse for eight years. That was alot of time for Bush to close the border.
They didn't seem so motivated did they?

bush isn't president. obama is.

Why doesn't obama want the border closed?

NEITHER party wants the border closed, or it would have been closed long ago.

Democrats of course are courting the Hispanic vote
Republicans are are courting the big business vote. Big business conservatives LOVE the deflated labor costs.

Bullshit. Republican politicians may be afraid to anger their corporate masters, but the rank and file all want the border closed. I want a dual fence with a road running down the middle and guard towers every quarter mile. I also want drones patrolling the boarder every 10 miles. That would cut illegal immigration to a trickle.

I fixed that for you, and the rank and file don't matter to either party.

That's true enough, but it's still erroneous to claim that Republicans don't want the border closed.

If you think Walmart is screwing the country, don't shop there, boycott them. Then when they lose business they can lay off employees and we can pay 100% of their maintenance costs.

Liberals are such idiots, it never ceases to amaze.

This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.
What is unreasonable about it? What kid needs more money when they are living at home, eating their parents food, sleeping in their parents bed, and have no significant bills?

That is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. If you have 85 kids, 3 mistresses (all demanding money), two houses, and a BMW 320i and you have just the minimum wage job, then you have issues.

That is NOT going to happen,not today,not tomorrow, not ever. So why not get behind a plan that can happen and can work instead of letting the liberals kick your ass all over the proverbial floor?

So not supporting a policy that is destructive to america is "letting the liberals kick your ass all over the proverbial floor"? Interesting perspective you've chosen.
Welfare REFORM is practical and possible..

Now who would be against reforming welfare?

First

Reforming welfare =/= doing away with welfare which you CLEARLY said you wanted to do
That wasn't me.

Second. Telling companies they must pay $10 an hour coupled with restructuring the welfare formula so that too bad so so sad if you work for $10/Hr and choose to have kids would effectively reform welfare.

Personally, I wouldn't give anyone anything for free.

I would set up a system of workfare, and just pay out cash at $10/Hr for anyone who needs help. You don't want to work, starve, you have kids and you're not feeding them,off to prison you go for child neglect.

EVERY community needs floors swept,walls painted,streets cleaned,etc etc.

Those who truly can't work excepted of course.

If you think Walmart is screwing the country, don't shop there, boycott them. Then when they lose business they can lay off employees and we can pay 100% of their maintenance costs.

We could boycott them...or else we can insist on an increase in the minimum wage

[

Dude , get over it. Republicans have had PLENTY of opportunities over the last say 30 years to close the border if that is what they wanted. Do you remember Reagan giving amnesty to illegals?

Neither side wants that border sealed.

So in your mind, misconduct in the past justifies misconduct today.

Impeccable "logic" there.
Since those days MILLIONS more have illegally crossed the border and the dynamic is way different than it was then.
reagan wanted a plan that was reasonable for the time and he was willing to cooperate with the opposition..but look..you've diverted attention away from the present while you try to debate the past.

With isis and others making overt threats against the country and in the post 9/11 america, explain to me why an open border is good?

We could boycott them...or else we can insist on an increase in the minimum wage
Close the border and deport illegals and we can discuss that.

This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.
What is unreasonable about it? What kid needs more money when they are living at home, eating their parents food, sleeping in their parents bed, and have no significant bills?

That is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. If you have 85 kids, 3 mistresses (all demanding money), two houses, and a BMW 320i and you have just the minimum wage job, then you have issues.

I did

As a 16 year old entering the workforce at minimum wage, I was saving money for college. I was able, making $2.10 an hour, to pay for four years of college working just summers

THAT is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. Get you a start in life. Pay for college, get you a car so you can get to work, maybe get you started in an apartment.

Minimum wage used to do that, it no longer does

I did

As a 16 year old entering the workforce at minimum wage, I was saving money for college. I was able, making $2.10 an hour, to pay for four years of college working just summers

THAT is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. Get you a start in life. Pay for college, get you a car so you can get to work, maybe get you started in an apartment.

Interesting how that worked out, isn't it?

I did

It still does. My step-son is working for minimum wage, bought his own car and is making payments on his college tuition.

He also has money left over for dating his high school sweetheart and to eat out once a month.

Minimum wage is NOT designed to be a living wage and if you are 35 years old with a family of four and still working for the same minimum wage job you had in high school, the problem isn't with minimum wage.

Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

They are paid exactly what their skills are worth, but they still qualify for government benefits, and no one turns down free money.

If you finally understand what you wrote, THEN QUIT BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING GOVERNMENT MONEY. Why should a person not apply for this free money and why should Walmart pay any more that they have to?

You say they are paid what they are worth and that they still qualify for government benefits and you understand how this situation has occurred.

Then why is it something to be bitched about, rehashed and argued about over and over? It is what it is because that's the way we want it. Companies get to pay low wages, the public gets to help support the low wage earner while the low wage earner provides cheap labor to the companies. Who make a fortune for their stockholders and principals. Just the why it ought to be.

Makes sense. Right? Quit bitching about these low wage people on government benefits. You should love them.
They are the reason the Walmarts of the world are making lots of money. Low wages, cheap goods, American consumers/taxpayers . A capitalists dream.

You're the only one in here bitching about it, zeke. However, your theory that those are the only two choices is purely the result of your delusions of grandeur. I can think of lot's of other possible scenarios, like keeping my money and Walmart paying its employees whatever it likes.

You really are fucking stupid. You can stick your money up your ass for all I care. That will not change the fact that low wage workers are gonna apply for and qualify for and receive government benefits. And you and stupid people like you will bitch about low wage workers on government benefits all the while defending the employers who pay low wages.

Fuck you are stupid.

They can't receive government benefits if the government doesn't give out benefits. I want welfare eliminated. I don't care who qualifies for it.

I'm perfectly entitled to bitch about it as much as I want. However, you're the only on in this thread bitching about welfare.

Your $10 minimum wage is also not going to happen either. Is this thread about what is politically feasible, or is it about what we would like to see happen?

LOL the minimum wage WILL be increased. Possibly to more than $10/Hr if one side is hollering for $15 and the other side hollering "fuck poor people"

[

Dude , get over it. Republicans have had PLENTY of opportunities over the last say 30 years to close the border if that is what they wanted. Do you remember Reagan giving amnesty to illegals?

Since those days MILLIONS more have illegally crossed the border and the dynamic is way different than it was then.
reagan wanted a plan that was reasonable for the time and he was willing to cooperate with the opposition..but look..you've diverted attention away from the present while you try to debate the past.

With isis and others making overt threats against the country and in the post 9/11 america, explain to me why an open border is good?

Sure are a lot of illiterate people posting here. I didn't say anything justified anything. I said that the Republican party does NOT want to close the borders. The fact that they have done NOTHING to close them backs up that claim.

There are reasons a f
[

Sure are a lot of illiterate people posting here. I didn't say anything justified anything. I said that the Republican party does NOT want to close the borders. The fact that they have done NOTHING to close them backs up that claim.

You're the one who brought up the past and blaming republicans for today's problems.

Why doesn't obama issue an executive order and close the border?
Why does obama want the border open?
Never mind the illegals he wants to infiltrate..what about ISIS? They know the border is wide open..believe that.

Nobody is forced to work at Walmart.

They are if there is nowhere else for them to go.
That describes prisoners only. Everyone else can go somewhere. Look at the influx into North Dakota, where WM cashiers earn $17/hr.

More conservative economic fantasy

They act like there is a steady stream of positions open for all workers to advance. We are talking about 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive. If they can't survive on $10 an hour, can you point to the 30 million jobs at $20 an hour waiting to be filled?
Is North Dakota ready to accept 30 million workers streaming across their border?
That's why there's a North Dakota fenced border with guards, right?
You're such a clueless moron. People move for jobs all the time. The fantasy that WalMart is the only employer anywhere is just that. Liberals live in the 19th century.

Show me the 30 million open jobs that pay more than $20 an hour

That is your economic solution. Can't cut it making $10 an hour, get a better paying job. Show me the economic data where 30 million better paying jobs are out there in any state. You want them to move? Show the 30 million jobs they can move to
Show me the jobs that pay 100/hr. There can't be enough 100/hr jobs for the entire workforce. We need to institute a 100/hr min wage and welfare benefits to match. Every man a king!

[

What do you mean by "close the borders"? You mean like the Iron Curtain? Because that's not going to happen ever for a bunch of reasons, first of which being it's a stupid idea.

That describes prisoners only. Everyone else can go somewhere. Look at the influx into North Dakota, where WM cashiers earn $17/hr.

They act like there is a steady stream of positions open for all workers to advance. We are talking about 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive. If they can't survive on $10 an hour, can you point to the 30 million jobs at $20 an hour waiting to be filled?
Is North Dakota ready to accept 30 million workers streaming across their border?
You're such a clueless moron. People move for jobs all the time. The fantasy that WalMart is the only employer anywhere is just that. Liberals live in the 19th century.

That is your economic solution. Can't cut it making $10 an hour, get a better paying job. Show me the economic data where 30 million better paying jobs are out there in any state. You want them to move? Show the 30 million jobs they can move to
Show me the jobs that pay 100/hr. There can't be enough 100/hr jobs for the entire workforce. We need to institute a 100/hr min wage and welfare benefits to match. Every man a king!
free ferraris for all, comrade!
workers of the world, unite!

free ferraris for all, comrade!
workers of the world, unite!

or

Fuck you are stupid.

LOL the minimum wage WILL be increased. Possibly to more than $10/Hr if one side is hollering for $15 and the other side hollering "fuck poor people"
The ones pushing for 15/hr ARE the ones hollering to fuck the poor people. What about that is unclear?

I did

Yes it is

Kids of my generation had access to a minimum wage where they could pay for college, buy a new car, get an apartment.....Get a start on life

Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases so that is no longer possible

I did

Yes it is

Kids of my generation had access to a minimum wage where they could pay for college, buy a new car, get an apartment.....Get a start on life

Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases so that is no longer possible
An outright lie. No one could ever PAY for college on minimum wage, ever. They could, however, make payments to a savings account and then use the money that their parents put away to get a head start.

Since government decided to get involved, college tuition has sky rocketed to the point that they have to take out massive loans instead of reasonable ones.

However, that does not alter the fact that a kid, making minimum wage, then and today, can get by just fine on that wage.

And if they are raised correctly, they'll be out of the minimum wage job within a few years or will be in a different job while attending college.

In either case, neither scenario requires the mythical 'living wage'.

Forum List

Back