Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

How thick are you, son? Have you never worked in production?

Food costs rely on labor. Labor costs rely on the minimum wage (as a floor). When the floor rises, so too do the food costs in order to recoup the higher production expenses.

Holy shit dude, you can't possibly be this dense.

That's the most simplistic thing I've seen on this site maybe ever. You clearly know nothing about this.

Your opinion stopped being relevant when I discovered you were a presumptive ass that assumed you knew more about what I've lived through than I do.
Translation: I can't possibly defend the bullshit I spew so I'll deflect with a lie.

Go on buying your cheap shitty Chinese-made products at Walmart. But just remember, each purchase you make there, funds and supports Evil. Walmart is the ultimate Evil Corporation. It represents everything wrong with America. Such shocking greed and hate. With every purchase, you support your own demise. Wages are continuing to drop. And with the border wide open, decent paying jobs are becoming even more scarce.

Slave Labor isn't the way to go. It's time to bring jobs back to America and pay Americans a decent wage. Yes, you may pay a little more for your products, but we'll all profit in the end. And not to mention, maybe you won't have to deal with the dirty stinky mayhem at Walmart. Still can't fathom how anyone can say they enjoy shopping there. It's a miserable hellhole. Definitely not an enjoyable shopping experience. I recommend you avoid it if at all possible.

Last edited:
Go on buying your cheap shitty Chinese-made products at Walmart. But just remember, each purchase you make there, funds and supports Evil. Walmart is the ultimate Evil Corporation. It represents everything wrong with America. Such shocking greed and hate. With every purchase, you support your own demise. Wages are continuing to drop. And with the border wide open, decent paying jobs are becoming even more scarce.

Slave Labor isn't the way to go. It's time to bring jobs back to America and pay Americans a decent wage. Yes, you may pay a little more for your products, but we'll all profit in the end. And not to mention, maybe you won't have to deal with the dirty stinky mayhem at Walmart. Still can't fathom how anyone can say they enjoy shopping there. It's a miserable hellhole. Definitely not an enjoyable shopping experience. I recommend you avoid it if at all possible.

Slave Labor? Really??? I'll grant you, many policies in our nation are designed to encourage and maintain an underclass (chief among them, the welfare and regulatory policies you seem to be advocating). I'll even entertain the idea that these policies have been intentionally implemented as a replacement for slave labor. But real slaves were under the constant threat of violent oppression - real oppression, whips, chains and hangings. Their suffering can't be compared to the plight of modern day poverty.

Slave Labor? Really??? I'll grant you, many policies in our nation are designed to encourage and maintain an underclass (chief among them, the welfare and regulatory policies you seem to be advocating). I'll even entertain the idea that these policies have been intentionally implemented as a replacement for slave labor. But real slaves were under the constant threat of violent oppression - real oppression, whips, chains and hangings. Their suffering can't be compared to the plight of modern day poverty.

I think the Chinese Children forced into Slave Labor would disagree with you. They suffer so fat greedy Americans can have their cheap Walmart shite. Bring the jobs back home and pay Americans a decent wage. We'll all profit from it in the end.

I think the Chinese Children forced into Slave Labor would disagree with you. They suffer so fat greedy Americans can have their cheap Walmart shite. Bring the jobs back home and pay Americans a decent wage. We'll all profit from it in the end.

And it doesn't bother you that the minimum wage laws you support are what drive that?

Hey, send me an extra $500 each month and I'll buy only American products. Go on, fight evil.

Walmart's health care plan is better than ObamaCare:

Despite the fact that unions and activists have called Walmart's health plan "substandard" and claimed that the company does not provide health benefits, Walmart's health plan is more affordable and provides much better access to quality care than does ObamaCare, says Richard Pollock in the Washington Examiner.

The National Association of Health Underwriters and health policy experts compared the two plans.

• Walmart offers its employees three options: a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), an HRA High plan (which has higher out-of-pocket costs but lower deductibles), and a Health Savings Account plan (a high-deductible but tax-advantaged plan).
  • An HRA plan has individual monthly premiums as low as $40 (and family coverage for $160 per month) for a full-service BlueCross BlueShield preferred provider organization.
  • Walmart's plan has no income eligibility requirements, does not change depending upon age and gender, and all of its 1.1 million employees -- from cashiers to the CEO -- have the same plan.
Unsubsidized ObamaCare enrollees, on the other hand, will see monthly premiums that are five to nine times higher than Walmart premiums, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association:

• A Walmart premium for a nonsmoking, 60-year-old couple would cost $134 per month. The unsubsidized ObamaCare premium for that same couple could cost $1,365 per month.
  • Similarly, a family of four could pay a $962 premium under ObamaCare but only a $160 premium under the Walmart plan.
  • For a 30-year-old smoker, ObamaCare could cost up to $428 per month, while a Walmart employee would pay $70 per month.
Moreover, Walmart employees have access to eight of the United States' most prestigious hospitals, including the Mayo Clinic and the Cleveland Clinic. Most ObamaCare exchange plans do not have access to these hospitals.

Walmart also provides much better access for its employees.

• In Chicago, the BlueChoice ObamaCare exchange network only has 28 hospitals, while the Walmart network has 54 hospitals.
  • Similarly, Chicago has 9,837 doctors under ObamaCare, while the Walmart network provides access to 24,904 doctors....
Walmart Health Plan Better Than ObamaCare

Forget it, Boe. Idiot chumps like Paulitiician are wedded o the "WalMart is soooo evul, man" meme that mere facts cannot destroy it. The truth is that Walmart has benefitted even people who dont shop there.

And it doesn't bother you that the minimum wage laws you support are what drive that?

Oh man, the old Minimum Wage debate. So old & tired. Why did the nation decide on having a Minimum Wage in the first place? Do some research and find out why. I'm no longer interested in arguing about it anymore. Republicans have no chance of ever winning on that issue. They're just seen as Corporate Lapdogs now. 'The Corporations are always right. The Workers are always wrong.' That stance just isn't very appealing to the average American Worker. How do they expect to win any National Elections in the future? Less & less voters wanna vote for fat greedy angry white guys. Their stance on Minimum Wage is absurd, and a loser for sure.

The reality is, fat greedy Americans are gonna have to decide on whether to continue being fat & greedy, or face the problems that aren't going away. Wages are continuing to drop. And Corporations like Walmart are the driving forces behind it. They are Evil. I choose not to support that. I urge others to do the same.

Last edited:
Oh man, the old Minimum Wage debate. So old & tired. Why did the nation decide on having a Minimum Wage in the first place? Do some research and find out why. I'm no longer interested in arguing about it anymore.

Fat greedy Americans are gonna have to decide on whether to continue being fat & greedy, or face the problems that aren't going away. Wages are continuing to drop. And Corporations like Walmart are the driving forces behind it. They are Evil. I choose not to support that. I urge others to do the same.

I disagree. The decline of the middle class is not the fault of Walmart. Here are the real culprits: tech oligarchs and the New Clerisy. Walmart is more akin to an old style so-called Robber Baron; it benefits from having a strong middle class. The New Elite of the Tech-Clerisy Gilded Age don't need the middle class. Plenty of poor voters that are on plantations outside of their gated communities suit their agenda.

Kotkin asserts that a new ruling class has emerged from the upper echelon of society, one that is starting to rival the oligarchs of the late 19th century. In the Gilded Age, it was the railroad barons, oil magnates, and sundry industrial tycoons who had in their pockets machine politicians. Today, our incipient rulers come from the technology sector, which sprung up in California and Seattle in the wake of the computer and Internet revolutions. Joining them is a new “clerisy” of elites from academia, government, think tanks, and media.

The two camps are united around the concept of so-called “gentry liberalism,” which is defined by postwar ideals such as environmentalism, consumer rights, and cultural leftism. This differentiates the new oligarchs from the old ones in important ways. The so-called Robber Barons had an interest in economic growth and, ultimately, a vibrant middle class that could afford to purchase the goods they made. Today’s would-be oligarchs lack such an incentive. As Kotkin notes, one need not be middle class to afford a smartphone. And the new oligarch’s ideological commitment to environmentalism usually means stifling development for the sake of “sustainability.”

Arrayed against the oligarchs is a group Kotkin calls the yeoman class, a phrase that harkens back to the small, independent farmers idealized by the Jeffersonian Republicans of the early 19th century. Today’s yeomanry is not on the farm, but is composed of small businessmen and property holders. Often aligned with them are the old industries—oil, natural gas, coal, and other extracted-resource concerns—that share the yeoman’s priority for broad-based economic growth....

The Liberal Gilded Age Washington Free Beacon

Oh man, the old Minimum Wage debate. So old & tired. Why did the nation decide on having a Minimum Wage in the first place? Do some research and find out why. I'm no longer interested in arguing about it anymore.

Fat greedy Americans are gonna have to decide on whether to continue being fat & greedy, or face the problems that aren't going away. Wages are continuing to drop. And Corporations like Walmart are the driving forces behind it. They are Evil. I choose not to support that. I urge others to do the same.

Oh, I have. That's why I'm opposed to them. They're primarily about controlling the poor. Minimum wage laws effectively outlaw unskilled, low-value labor. We want their options to be as limited as possible so they'll do what they're told and stay in line.

'Fat greedy angry white guy.' That's how more & more Americans are viewing the Republican Party. They're just too quick to lick those Corporate boots and insult the working man. It's not a winning position. The 'fat greedy angry white man' thing is quickly becoming played-out.

'Fat greedy angry white guy.' That's how more & more Americans are viewing the Republican Party. They're just too quick to lick those Corporate boots and insult the working man. It's not a winning position. The 'fat greedy angry white man' thing is quickly becoming played-out.

Yep. Same with the Democrats, although they seem to have a few more people fooled.

Proving you don't know anything about China at all.

Food costs rely on labor. Labor costs rely on the minimum wage (as a floor). When the floor rises, so too do the food costs in order to recoup the higher production expenses.

That's the most simplistic thing I've seen on this site maybe ever. You clearly know nothing about this.

Your opinion stopped being relevant when I discovered you were a presumptive ass that assumed you knew more about what I've lived through than I do.
Translation: I can't possibly defend the bullshit I spew so I'll deflect with a lie.
^ More presumptive bullshit. I was the only white boy within miles, living in the projects. Life was an adventure, to put it mildly.

Just shut the fuck up, you're bullshitting about stuff you can't possibly know about.

^ More presumptive bullshit. I was the only white boy within miles, living in the projects. Life was an adventure, to put it mildly.

Just shut the fuck up, you're bullshitting about stuff you can't possibly know about.
Yeah, you grew up eating Velveeta so that qualifies you to discourse on the effect of min wage laws on food prices.
Give me a fucking break.

Forum List

Back