Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Why is it that the lefties are so hung up on Wal-Mart, but never seem to say anything about Target, Shopko, K-Mart, Sears, Toys-R-Us, and others who pay similarly?

Wal-Mart pays what everybody else pays. Don't like it, go somewhere else. You can move up at places like Wal-Mart, work hard and get promoted. Make your way into management. Don't just sit there and whine about it.

Oh, and those who want to compare Wal-Mart to Costco? Apples and Oranges. It's not too hard to figure out why, either...
Walmart is not only the world's largest retailer it is the world's largest corporation. But the real thorn in the side of liberals is that Walmart is staunchly anti union.
And THIS is why
This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.
You seem to labor under the illusion that if the GOP agrees to some of the Democrats' demands then they will be good guys again. That's utter bullshit. If the GOP agrees to 10/hr, the Democrats will accuse them of being heartless for not pushing for 15/hr/
7.25 is a reasonable wage. Why do you think it is not? 5/hr is a reasonable wage. 2/hr is a reasonable wage. It just depends on the job and the skil. Why do we have to mandate this anyway? If an employer wants to offer 50cents/hr let him. When no one takes the job, he'll have to raise his offer until he can find someone who will.

Why do we have to mandate a minimum wage? Well because history has proven what happens when we don't.

Obviously right now is an employer's market. To say "hey no one will agree to a wage if it is too low is stupid and insulting. If I had no choice and my kids were hungry I would absolutely take a job at Wal Mart at whatever meager pay they were paying, so would tons of other people.

And guess what you sanctimonious ass, there are LOTS of people working minimum wage jobs who have "bettered themselves" but there are no jobs available so they've done the best they could and took what is available. Are you suggesting that they should say "fuck that " and sit at home forcing McD or whomever to offer more to get them off the couch? That's dumb.

And yes, I am suggesting the Republicans (and the Democrats) should try fucking compromising once in awhile, why anyone would find that a bad thing is beyond me.

This is funny....Anyone who disagrees with the $15 per hour narrative is a sanctimonious ass?
What is it you expect "compromise" to accomplish?....
Why would anyone with any kind of skill set take a position at a department store where no skills are required?

Last edited:
Why is it that the lefties are so hung up on Wal-Mart, but never seem to say anything about Target, Shopko, K-Mart, Sears, Toys-R-Us, and others who pay similarly?

Wal-Mart pays what everybody else pays. Don't like it, go somewhere else. You can move up at places like Wal-Mart, work hard and get promoted. Make your way into management. Don't just sit there and whine about it.

Oh, and those who want to compare Wal-Mart to Costco? Apples and Oranges. It's not too hard to figure out why, either...
Walmart is not only the world's largest retailer it is the world's largest corporation. But the real thorn in the side of liberals is that Walmart is staunchly anti union.
And THIS is why
This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.
You seem to labor under the illusion that if the GOP agrees to some of the Democrats' demands then they will be good guys again. That's utter bullshit. If the GOP agrees to 10/hr, the Democrats will accuse them of being heartless for not pushing for 15/hr/
7.25 is a reasonable wage. Why do you think it is not? 5/hr is a reasonable wage. 2/hr is a reasonable wage. It just depends on the job and the skil. Why do we have to mandate this anyway? If an employer wants to offer 50cents/hr let him. When no one takes the job, he'll have to raise his offer until he can find someone who will.

Why do we have to mandate a minimum wage? Well because history has proven what happens when we don't.

Obviously right now is an employer's market. To say "hey no one will agree to a wage if it is too low is stupid and insulting. If I had no choice and my kids were hungry I would absolutely take a job at Wal Mart at whatever meager pay they were paying, so would tons of other people.

And guess what you sanctimonious ass, there are LOTS of people working minimum wage jobs who have "bettered themselves" but there are no jobs available so they've done the best they could and took what is available. Are you suggesting that they should say "fuck that " and sit at home forcing McD or whomever to offer more to get them off the couch? That's dumb.

And yes, I am suggesting the Republicans (and the Democrats) should try fucking compromising once in awhile, why anyone would find that a bad thing is beyond me.

This is funny....Anyone who disagrees with the $15 per hour narrative is a sanctimonious ass?
What is it you expect "compromise" to accomplish?....
Why would anyone with any kind of skill set take a position at a department store where no skills are required?

Re read, I am AGAINST $15 an hour, that's ridiculous. I am for $10 an hour.

I'm for "conservatives" compromising with liberals once in awhile so that they don't always seem like the asshole parent who only says no no no. You kow the parent no kid wants anything to do with .

Its like you fools want to alienate people.

I'm for "conservatives" compromising with liberals once in awhile so that they don't always seem like the asshole parent who only says no no no. You kow the parent no kid wants anything to do with .

Why is 10/hr OK but 15/hr is not OK?

You're just giving some of the right wingers more reason to defend Walmart. They've been led to believe that billionaires got their fortunes by just working harder and smarter than the rest of us. Remember, these are not the brightest bulbs on the tree to begin with. One of them brags about having a higher i.q. than some bears.

Last edited:

You're just giving some of the right wingers more reason to defend Walmart. They've been led to believe that billionaires got their fortunes by just working harder and smarter than the rest of us. Remember, these are not the brightest bulbs on the tree to begin with. One of them brags about having a higher i.q. than some bears.

Which is truly an insult to bears.

Because 10 would be little more than a symbolic gesture. 15 would do significant harm.

Because 10 would be little more than a symbolic gesture. 15 would do significant harm.

It would be slightly more than symbolic, but you are correct. $`5 would throw the equilibrium off.

You're just giving some of the right wingers more reason to defend Walmart. They've been led to believe that billionaires got their fortunes by just working harder and smarter than the rest of us. Remember, these are n

ot the brightest bulbs on the tree to begin with. One of them brags about having a higher i.q. than some bears.

Which is truly an insult to bears.

As usual Chief blabbering pussy has nothing of value to add to the thread, or indeed to life in general.

You're right. WalMart should close all their stores, free all their low wage slaves.

That'll get their former employees more........wait, what?

Right now, the Republican Party is seen as the Party that defends and even cheers for low wages. It's seen as being very unkind to American Workers. Republicans need to start defending Workers with the same ferocity it defends Corporations with. Winning National Elections will be just about impossible for the Party if it doesn't change its stance on Workers a bit.

Last edited:
Better to be a jobless moocher then work for "slave" wages....

Workers of the world unite!
People Before profits!

Whatever communist rallying cry floats your boat....

People Before profits!

But it is the truth. Things have gotten very bad for American Workers. And it's gonna get much worse now that this President and his Party have opened the Border floodgates. Wages will continue to drop. The sad reality is, more & more Citizens do need the Government Entitlements. Corporations like Walmart refuse to pay a decent wage because they know the Taxpayers will always pick up the tab.

That's why i always tell my Conservative friends, don't be so quick to defend or cheer for low wages. Because it's you the Taxpayer who'll be picking up the tab in the end. We want our Workers to be happy and prosperous. It's a good thing for everyone.

People Before profits!

But it is the truth. Things have gotten very bad for American Workers. And it's gonna get much worse now that this President and his Party have opened the Border floodgates. Wages will continue to drop. The sad reality is, more & more Citizens do need the Government Entitlements. Corporations like Walmart refuse to pay a decent wage because they know the Taxpayers will always pick up the tab.

That's why i always tell my Conservative friends, don't be so quick to defend or cheer for low wages. Because it's you the Taxpayer who'll be picking up the tab in the end. We want our Workers to be happy and prosperous. It's a good thing for everyone.

Amazing that some aren't smart enough to see that more pay for workers = less people on welfare.

10569023_10152306049910669_1319932179068603252_n.jpg

If you really want to have a conversation about Welfare and who the real "takers" are -- let's start with this.

thats ok, we support most democratic voters so they don't have to work at all.

People Before profits!

Amazing that some aren't smart enough to see that more pay for workers = less people on welfare.

Many who call themselves 'Conservative' have been conditioned to respond with a knee-jerk defense of Corporations like Walmart. They don't think about the harm Walmart has done. They just need to start defending American Workers with the same ferocity they defend Corporations. Having more happy prosperous Workers, is a good thing for all of us.

Last edited:

People Before profits!

Many who call themselves 'Conservative' have been conditioned to respond with a knee-jerk defense of Corporations like Walmart. They don't think about the harm a company like Walmart has done. They just need to start defending American Workers with the same ferocity they defend Corporations. Having more happy prosperous Workers, is a good thing for all of us.

many of them also don't seem to care that they are running people off left and right. Hard to get anything you want when everyone hates your guts.

People Before profits!

Many who call themselves 'Conservative' have been conditioned to respond with a knee-jerk defense of Corporations like Walmart. They don't think about the harm a company like Walmart has done. They just need to start defending American Workers with the same ferocity they defend Corporations. Having more happy prosperous Workers, is a good thing for all of us.

many of them also don't seem to care that they are running people off left and right. Hard to get anything you want when everyone hates your guts.

I'm not sure about this. I've seen more and more people, especially young people, respond quite positively to leaders who make a consistent, principled argument and refused to hedge and equivocate. They're really tired of all the 'symbolic' pandering that adds up to nothing anyway.

Forum List

Back