Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Define 'take care of'? Most small businesses labor under a huge mountain of debt, taxes and start up costs, they can't afford to take care of themselves let alone somebody else. It isn't the place of the employer to *take care of* their employees. They don't own them, for pete's sakes. They pay them what they can afford to do a job that has to be done, in order to increase their profits and move them towards being self sufficient and ultimately, lucrative.

I swear entitlement whores think that poor working people are slaves or something.

Then simple enough solution. Provide Every American a living, including health care, and then people will just work if they are into that sort of thing and want a little extra.

You see, the thing is, if you guys on the right are going to insist on "the Market" providing a living for people and their health coverage, you can turn around and poor-mouth when said market is unable to provide these things to the people doing the actual work.

You don't think we can provide for ourselves? I find this view sort of contradictory, given that the usual liberal claim is that government is just "us".

Define 'take care of'? Most small businesses labor under a huge mountain of debt, taxes and start up costs, they can't afford to take care of themselves let alone somebody else. It isn't the place of the employer to *take care of* their employees. They don't own them, for pete's sakes. They pay them what they can afford to do a job that has to be done, in order to increase their profits and move them towards being self sufficient and ultimately, lucrative.

I swear entitlement whores think that poor working people are slaves or something.

Then simple enough solution. Provide Every American a living, including health care, and then people will just work if they are into that sort of thing and want a little extra.

You see, the thing is, if you guys on the right are going to insist on "the Market" providing a living for people and their health coverage, you can turn around and poor-mouth when said market is unable to provide these things to the people doing the actual work.

You don't think we can provide for ourselves? I find this view sort of contradictory, given that the usual liberal claim is that government is just "us".

I think we could if we had laws that provided for an equitable division of wealth.

I think we could if we had laws that provided for an equitable division of wealth.

Why do we need law to distribute our wealth? You can distribute your wealth however you like without passing any laws - or, well, I guess the Democrats are looking to change that. But for now at least.

I have no trouble quoting, when the other person is worth quoting. You have proven that you have nothing worth quoting.

The only person talking shit is you, bro. I dropped a load in Columbus and was heading to Indianapolis to pick up a new one, so I figured I'd hop on your precious US40 to refresh my memory.

I pulled off of I-70 at 127 and hit up TA, then headed north to US40. From there to New Paris, it's two lane highway with a speed limit of 55 and the occasional township where I had to bring it down to 35.

About a mile away from New Paris, it finally turned into a four lane highway... but the speed limit was still 55. At this point I was already fed up with the sluggish pace of the old road, so I headed back down to the interstate and took care of business.

While I was in Indianapolis, I came upon US40 again. It was running perpendicular to the interstate this time, so I looked up and down US40 as I passed by. Every few hundred feet there was a traffic light. I wish I were exaggerating.

So yeah... if a top speed of 55, interspersed with 35 mph speed bump towns and constant stop & go traffic at ALL HOURS in metropolitan areas is your idea of "better than an interstate", then stay the hell off the interstate and I'll let you have those retarded ass highways all day long.

They fit well with your mentality.

Now stop acting like you know something about my career because you crossed the country a few times. You're a dilettante.

Which explains why the Soviet Union was such an example of how well that worked.

I have no trouble quoting, when the other person is worth quoting. You have proven that you have nothing worth quoting.

The only person talking shit

....Is the person I'm responding to. You started this jack ass. You were the jerk that started mouthing off at the very start. Go look it up moron. When you act like an adult, I'll treat you like one.

When you don't, I don't give a crap what you say, what you post, what links you cite, or information you refer to. You act like a snotty teenager whose balls just dropped, I'm going to treat you as such.

You don't like that, and now your all whiny about it? You can dish it out, but can't take it? Wah wah wah.... grow up you pathetic child. What a wimp. "wah he's treating me the way I treated him, and that's unfair! wah". No wonder our country is screwed up, when wimps like you make up the society.

Why do we need law to distribute our wealth? You can distribute your wealth however you like without passing any laws - or, well, I guess the Democrats are looking to change that. But for now at least.

Dblack, you know all this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Wealth is created and consumed. It is not static. If you 'divide up' the wealth equally, the rich would still be rich, and the poor would still be poor, because wealth is created and destroyed.

Have you seen a poor person with a luxury car? I have. What does it look like on the inside? It's trashed. Ruined. Damaged and destroyed.

Why? The poor person didn't take care of the car.

I grew up in a upper middle class area. Kids drove to school in their parents leftover BMW and Porche. Want to know how those cars looked after a few years? Ruined. Their kids didn't take care of the car, because it was given to them. People don't respect stuff they are given without working for it.

Cigarette burns in the seats. Trash in the foot wells. Ketchup stains from fast food. Beer stains from a bottle that tipped over.

Moving wealth around, doesn't make wealth grow. It causes the wealth to be consumed.

When you give wealth to a rich person, he uses that wealth, to create more wealth.
When you give wealth to a poor person, they consume it, and the wealth is gone.

You give tons of corn to a farmer, and he plants it to grow more corn. You give tons of corn to a fool, and he cooks it, has a feast and a party, and then is poor again.

Steve Jobs, got $5 Million dollars, which he used to invest into Pixar. Pixar grew, made dozens of box office hit movies, and Jobs sold Pixar for $5 Bilion dollars.

Sharon Tirabassi, won the $10 Million dollar lottery, and spent it all, consumed all that wealth, and now is impoverished, and rides the bus to work.

If you divided up the wealth, by law, the same thing would happen. The rich would use their wealth to be richer, and the poor would consume their wealth and remain poor.

The solution, is not to make some law somewhere, that will harm the economy, without achieving your goal of helping the poor. The solution, is to teach people to save and invest.

You realize that if a person saves just $100 a month, just $100.... and invests it into a good growth stock mutual fund, they will retire with a million dollars, or close to it.

Shopping at Walmart only supports and encourages immoral business practices. Other Companies are now adopting the 'Walmart Way.' And that isn't good for American Workers, or Americans in general.

I'll gladly pay more for my goods and shop elsewhere. Not to mention, shopping at Walmart is a very unpleasant shopping experience. It's crowded and stanky. It appeals to the lowest of the low as far as a Customer-Base goes. Most of its Customers are loud smelly mutants. And most of the goods are cheap and shitty. Just an all around unpleasant place to spend time at. But hey, that's just my opinion anyway.

Shopping at Walmart only supports and encourages immoral business practices. Other Companies are now adopting the 'Walmart Way.' And that isn't good for American Workers, or Americans in general.

I'll gladly pay more for my goods and shop elsewhere. Not to mention, shopping at Walmart is a very unpleasant shopping experience. It's crowded and stanky. It appeals to the lowest of the low as far as a Customer-Base goes. Most of its Customers are loud smelly mutants. And most of the goods are cheap and shitty. Just an all around unpleasant place to spend time at. But hey, that's just my opinion anyway.

Don't you hate it when people choose to freely shop at a place you hate?
There oughta be a law.

There oughta be a law.

Nah, i wouldn't say i hate it. However, i don't encourage people to shop there. Because by shopping there, you are supporting and encouraging immoral business practices. And not to mention, it's just an all around unpleasant place to spend any time & money at.

There oughta be a law.

Nah, i wouldn't say i hate it. However, i don't encourage people to shop there. Because by shopping there, you are supporting and encouraging immoral business practices. And not to mention, it's just an all around unpleasant place to spend any time & money at.

I know, excellent inventory control and low prices.

Immoral!

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

Well, then go on supporting your own demise. That is your call. You're free to shop anywhere you like. The only thing i'll say is, choose somewhere other than Walmart. You'll be a better person for it.

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

Well, then go on supporting your own demise. That is your call. You're free to shop anywhere you like. The only thing i'll say is, choose somewhere other than Walmart. You'll be a better person for it.

Yes, higher prices for the same goods, very moral.

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

Now you're catchin on.

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

Now you're catchin on.

Yes, I caught onto the silliness of your claim in your first post.
I've been mocking it ever since.

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

Now you're catchin on.

That's cool, glad i could make you happy. But just remember, every purchase you make at Walmart, contributes a little bit more to your own demise.

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

Now you're catchin on.

That's cool, glad i could make you happy. But just remember, every purchase you make at Walmart, contributes a little bit more to your own demise.

And every purchase at Target brings me closer to Utopia?

Yeah, because before Walmart, no business ever paid minimum wage. Are you just being stupid? Or do you really believe what you are saying?

There is nothing immoral about Walmart's business practice.

It's not crowded. It's not 'stanky'. Yes, it does appeal to the lowest of the lows as far as Customer-Base goes. That's right.

Do you realize how snobbish and elitist you are coming across as? I'm a Walmart shopper myself. And yes, the whole reason I go there is because they have cheap prices. I can't afford to go to your 'uptown elitist store'. So now you look down on me? I shouldn't be able to buy things like you, because I'm not as snobby as you are?

So that's your position? You opinion is that no one lower on the income ladder than you, should be able to shop for cheap goods. Got it. You are a jerk, and elitist. That's what you have said about yourself.

There oughta be a law.

Immoral!

My demise? Without Walmart I couldn't afford many of the goods I can get there. By your logic, being unable to afford goods, is 'avoiding my demise'. How retarded is that?

The only person talking shit

....Is the person I'm responding to. You started this jack ass. You were the jerk that started mouthing off at the very start. Go look it up moron. When you act like an adult, I'll treat you like one.

When you don't, I don't give a crap what you say, what you post, what links you cite, or information you refer to. You act like a snotty teenager whose balls just dropped, I'm going to treat you as such.

You don't like that, and now your all whiny about it? You can dish it out, but can't take it? Wah wah wah.... grow up you pathetic child. What a wimp. "wah he's treating me the way I treated him, and that's unfair! wah". No wonder our country is screwed up, when wimps like you make up the society.

Still dodging facts.

The only one acting like a child is you, plugging your ears going "naa naa naa... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Jackass.

My point was made. That's your chunk of tissue rotting away between your ears. If you refuse to use it, it's no skin off my teeth.

Forum List

Back