Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

These people are working 40 hours per week and they don't make enough so they get some help. I support it.

Yeah, go on Dummies. Just keep cheering for those lower wages. Greedy Corporations like Walmart thank you very much. ;)

And you can keep cheering for higher unemployment for the unskilled and the young.

Justifying and cheering for low wages is ridiculous. I'm actually ashamed of many of my Conservative friends. They need to stand up for Workers more often. Being a Conservative doesn't mean you're obligated to defend Corporations. How does the Republican Party plan on winning National Elections in the future? Constantly alienating the working man isn't gonna attract a bigger base. The Party needs to work on that.

I'm not cheering for low wages. I'm tired of government regulations making things worse.
Liberals who cheer government mandates that cost jobs are almost as stupid as a libertarian
who does the same.

Seal the border, deport 8 or 10 million illegals, and wages at the low end of the scale will rise.
Run on that plan and watch the working man support your candidate.

Libertarians don't cheer government mandates of any kind, so your comparison isn't appropriate.

The Paultard whining on this thread appears to be doing that very thing.

This whole minimum wage debacle is stemming from the fact that idiots are trying to raise a family off of jobs that were never meant to be used for that purpose.

Burger flippers and cashiers were never meant to be career paths. They exist as a foot in the door for school age kids and adults that could use some extra cash.

Now, people are trying to make a career path without the necessity of actual effort to advance, and that undermines all the rest of the workers that actually give a damn about work ethics and resume building.

The Republican Party cannot win the Minimum Wage debate. There's too many American Workers suffering right now. If they're smart, they'll give up and move on past the debate. It's a Lose/Lose proposition for them.

The SMART move would be to suggest a $10/Hr

Because higher unemployment and more welfare is a winner for Republicans. LOL!

Not alienating people left and right would be a start for the Republican Party. Do you NOT want to win? I mean seriously.

Because higher unemployment and more welfare will reduce alienation? Seriously?

Defending and cheering for low wages isn't very appealing to average working Americans. The Republican Party needs to stand up for the working man more often. Otherwise, it risks losing that vote forever.

Cheering for policies that hurt low skilled working Americans isn't very appealing to me.
But I guess liberals are good at using government to make things worse and then calling for even more bad government policies to "fix" the damage.

This whole minimum wage debacle is stemming from the fact that idiots are trying to raise a family off of jobs that were never meant to be used for that purpose.

Burger flippers and cashiers were never meant to be career paths. They exist as a foot in the door for school age kids and adults that could use some extra cash.

Now, people are trying to make a career path without the necessity of actual effort to advance, and that undermines all the rest of the workers that actually give a damn about work ethics and resume building.

The Republican Party cannot win the Minimum Wage debate. There's too many American Workers suffering right now. If they're smart, they'll give up and move on past the debate. It's a Lose/Lose proposition for them.

The SMART move would be to suggest a $10/Hr

Because higher unemployment and more welfare is a winner for Republicans. LOL!

Not alienating people left and right would be a start for the Republican Party. Do you NOT want to win? I mean seriously.

Because higher unemployment and more welfare will reduce alienation? Seriously?

Defending and cheering for low wages isn't very appealing to average working Americans. The Republican Party needs to stand up for the working man more often. Otherwise, it risks losing that vote forever.

Cheering for policies that hurt low skilled working Americans isn't very appealing to me.
But I guess liberals are good at using government to make things worse and then calling for even more bad government policies to "fix" the damage.

The minimum wage law is good policy, no matter how many times you scream otherwise.

The minimum wage law is good policy, no matter how many times you scream otherwise.
Mere assertion!
Rabbi Rules!

No pretty much the fact that we had damn near slave labor in this country prior to the law and now we don't proves the law worked.
We didnt have margarine before the min wage law. Now we do. Proof that margarine increases wages.
See how that works?

Mere assertion!
Rabbi Rules!

No pretty much the fact that we had damn near slave labor in this country prior to the law and now we don't proves the law worked.
We didnt have margarine before the min wage law. Now we do. Proof that margarine increases wages.
See how that works?

oh for fuck sakes. See ya when you mature.....

Mere assertion!
Rabbi Rules!

See how that works?

oh for fuck sakes. See ya when you mature.....
Translation: I've been pwned again.

You take 2 items and want to make a causal relationship despite the existence of maybe 100 other items that could explain the difference and I'm the immature one.
Correlation does not equal causation. If that were the case we could raise wages overall by building every a swimming pool since people who own swimming pools tend to be wealthier than people who dont.

Obviously. Just look what it's done for black teenagers.

LOL nice try, but if as a group you don't want to work, it doesn't matter what the wages are.
Because black teens are all lazy and shiftless, right?
I hae news for you: the numbers on white teens arent any better.

Obviously. Just look what it's done for black teenagers.

LOL nice try, but if as a group you don't want to work, it doesn't matter what the wages are.

And if you do want to work, but the minimum wage has priced you out of the market, fuck you!

I guess the black teenagers who used to get a start in the job market, but now never do, should just shut up, because you feel it's a good policy.

10569023_10152306049910669_1319932179068603252_n.jpg

If you really want to have a conversation about Welfare and who the real "takers" are -- let's start with this.
Silly straw man argument.....

Mere assertion!
Rabbi Rules!

We didn't have anything close to slave labor. If you think working for minimum wage is the same as being a slave, then you don't know squat about slavery. I don't know any McDonald's employees who have lash marks all over their back.

Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.
First, there is no such thing as a living wade. Not in a real world sense. Living wage is defined by whomever decides the amount may be.
Second, and this is the fact you libs evade whenever this issue comes to the surface, is that the vast majority of low wage workers are not supporting families. Are not living alone. Do not have children, are either under 25 or over 60.
this while stupid issue has been and still is a plot by labor unions ( SEIU being the largest contributor) to gain members and to gain artificial pay boosts for their current members.
Last week another one of those so called fast food worker protests took place. Most of the alleged protesters were SEIU members bused in from out of town.

Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

acknowledge that a great many working Americans are under paid.

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

And this ain't Burger King. You don't get it both ways.
The government assistance thing is bullshit.
The argument is nothing but a lib talking point.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

acknowledge that a great many working Americans are under paid.

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

And this ain't Burger King. You don't get it both ways.
No one is underpaid, Zeke. People get paid what they are worth. Plenty of people are overpaid, however, thanks to unions and government meddling.

I didn't say anyone was "underpaid" as YOU define it. I said quit bitching about the number of working poor who qualify for giverment benefits. If you want low wages, fine. But quit bitching that the low wage worker can qualify for benefits.

How many people with jobs could be dropped from government assistance if they made more money at their jobs? Which is something you claim you want. Fewer people collecting government benefits.

But to get the working poor to NOT QUALIFY for government assistance, these people would need to make more money. Which you are OPPOSED to IF it is a mandatory increase in income. Like a minimum wage raise.

Quit bitching about working people getting government assistance IF you don't want employers like a Walmart to HAVE to pay higher wages.
Those workers CAN make more. If they improve their skill set and thus their value to their employer.
Or, they can move on to another employer willing to offer them an increase in pay

Forum List

Back