Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

AHHH I see. 1. they are trying to defeat the drive to unionize

Yes, the free market can effect change without the government having to interfere.

2. They are trying to compete with COSTCO ( which btw pays MUCH higher wages)

What is stopping Walmart employees from taking their services to the much better paying Costco?

3. They won't WIN! :)

Which "they"? Seems the six people you mentioned before are doing alot of winning.

Walmart Says Ugh Fine We Will Give People A Tiny Raise Whatever Wonkette

Costco? You've got to be shitting...Walmart could buy and sell that shabby outfit a 1,000 times over.
Sureeeee they could. Ya know the COSTCO that's blowing Wal Mart out of the water when it comes to wages and giving a shit about their workers.

Yes, the free market can effect change without the government having to interfere.

What is stopping Walmart employees from taking their services to the much better paying Costco?

Which "they"? Seems the six people you mentioned before are doing alot of winning.
Actually not it can't. If the free market (which btw is an odd name for something that keeps people enslaved) worked then Wal Mart wouldn't be raising wages they are doing it to try and shut people up. It won't work.
Why should employees have to go to work at Costco which BTW has lower turnover rate because they pay better to get decent wages like a civilized nation should have...MAYBE most of them don't live near a Costco...I don't.
Wal mart Won't win...they are trying to shut the people up and stop the drive for unionization...I can't wait for it to happen.

Wal-Mart: "Slave Wages Now Less Slave-y"

Meanwhile, Wal-Mart now heavily favors part-time workers who they give 38 hours to avoid paying out benefits. But let's all celebrate that America's largest employer still doesn't pay a living wage!

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

By next February 1, their pay will go to at least $10 an hour
Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage - Feb. 19 2015

Good for Walmart! The ceo's and the owners finally grown a heart. ;) This is the way it should be.

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

By next February 1, their pay will go to at least $10 an hour
Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage - Feb. 19 2015

They were planning on doing this months ago.

Meanwhile, Wal-Mart now heavily favors part-time workers who they give 38 hours to avoid paying out benefits. But let's all celebrate that America's largest employer still doesn't pay a living wage!

38 hours? Hmmm...from what I am reading is that they give benefits for those working 34 hours. So if most are working 38 hours as you claim, then most are getting benefits.

Whoooo WEEE! What a SWEET DEAL! 9$ an hour! IMPRESSIVE! Pat yourselves on the back Wal Mart...I mean while 6 heirs of wal mart are worth more than the lower 40% of Americans workers get a HUGE raise to 9$ an hour!
If you do the math is around 380 million more in payroll, something they didn't have to do.

I wonder how much this will cost each consumer that shops at Wallyworld?

You know that the corporation is not going to take a profit cut, so they will make up the pay raises somewhere.

Whoooo WEEE! What a SWEET DEAL! 9$ an hour! IMPRESSIVE! Pat yourselves on the back Wal Mart...I mean while 6 heirs of wal mart are worth more than the lower 40% of Americans workers get a HUGE raise to 9$ an hour!
9.00/hour is more than the employees at Target make . Better break out your protest gear and head over there.

So does Target. And?

Forum List

Back