Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

I other words their business model isn't working because consumers hate them.
There are people who hate WalMart but they shout louder than their true impact, consumers vote with their feet and WalMart is still the largest retailer in the world, pulling in 129 billion in profit last year. This "hate" couldn't be too pervasive or strong.
Google Walmart sales slipping. They're going to downsize and restructure.

Remember farmer jacks? They use to make a lot too.

No one cares? Are republicans upset workers got a raise?

I would like to see wally world shut down. They are one of the primary causes of the economic destruction of America IMO.

This thread reminds me I need some floating micetail bait by this weekend for some trout fishing.

Off to WalMart.
Do you live in the country? Got any other places you can go? You're not getting the deal you think you are. Its why they make so much. American consumers are dumb.

I dig their stand alone grocery stores. We just got two new ones in my neighborhood. Will be heading there this weekend infact.

Do you live in the country? Got any other places you can go? You're not getting the deal you think you are. Its why they make so much. American consumers are dumb.
Yes, I live in this country. Yes, I have other places I can go to.

Of course I'm getting a great deal, the mice tails I just bought were cheaper than at the sporting goods store.

The lesser price is the better deal.

Regardless they made a large profit last year, so any claim that consumers hate them is dubious at best.

I don't remember, but I looked it up.

They had 100 stores. WalMart has over 11,000 mass retail stores all over the world. Kind of different.

Regardless they made a large profit last year, so any claim that consumers hate them is dubious at best.

I don't remember, but I looked it up.

They had 100 stores. WalMart has over 11,000 mass retail stores all over the world. Kind of different.
Sales slipping. This may help them giving raises. Good for them.

Sales slipping. This may help them giving raises. Good for them.
Walmart revenue, from WMT Annual Income Statement - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Annual Financials

2010 408b
2011 421b
2012 447b
2013 469b
2014 476b

It seems you have a conclusion (consumers hate Walmart) and are determined to present information to support it regardless of whether it actually does.

Walmart has their share of challenges just like any other large brick and mortar retailer and sales can go up or down, but no way are you going to convince me any financial numbers prove consumers hate Walmart. Consumers vote with their feet, and in 2014 they voted to the tune of 476 billion dollars in sales at over 11,000 stores.

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

By next February 1, their pay will go to at least $10 an hour
Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage - Feb. 19 2015

I guess the Walmart haters are speechless, wonder who the next whipping boy will be ?

Don't you recall the die hard liberals want something like 23 dollars an hour wages as minimum.

And a company car.
Anyway, regardless of the reason for the move it is the right thing to do and Walmart deserves kudos for doing it. The marketplace works better without the leaden hand of federal gov't meddling.

Whoooo WEEE! What a SWEET DEAL! 9$ an hour! IMPRESSIVE! Pat yourselves on the back Wal Mart...I mean while 6 heirs of wal mart are worth more than the lower 40% of Americans workers get a HUGE raise to 9$ an hour!

Forum List

Back