WalMart Donation Bins Out Again This Year - Cheap Bastards

But that is your emotion speaking, not your intellect. Hence your statement "I feel...")

The cold hard fact is that financial security should be the government's main concern. Even if it means a truly unique approach.

And yes, probably the lower rungs of Americans would spend every dime of their $30K a year, but that's the beauty of it, who cares? Let them spend it, that just means more money in local economies instead of being tied up in some bureaucrats pockets in DC.

Eh, I disagree with you on this currently, but I do have general respect towards you and will not treat you in an ill manner.

I can see hundreds of thousands flocking to America at the prospect of earning $30K without ever having to work. It'll be abused. Our illegal immigration problem would only be exacerbated. If America, under this idea, gained one million new citizens, times $30K each, that's... thirty billion dollars... every year... without working... which gets our economy going...

But that is your emotion speaking, not your intellect. Hence your statement "I feel...")

The cold hard fact is that financial security should be the government's main concern. Even if it means a truly unique approach.

And yes, probably the lower rungs of Americans would spend every dime of their $30K a year, but that's the beauty of it, who cares? Let them spend it, that just means more money in local economies instead of being tied up in some bureaucrats pockets in DC.

Eh, I disagree with you on this currently, but I do have general respect towards you and will not treat you in an ill manner.

I can see hundreds of thousands flocking to America at the prospect of earning $30K without ever having to work. It'll be abused. Our illegal immigration problem would only be exacerbated. If America, under this idea, gained one million new citizens, times $30K each, that's... thirty billion dollars... every year... without working... which gets our economy going...

I appreciate your respect towards me and reciprocate, I didn't mean to come across as anything less.

Anyway, in my very first post on this proposal I CLEARLY said that our current border issues and the current anchor baby law would have to be changed first.

Obviously we can't pay US citizens $30K a year and not have any limit on who comes in and becomes a citizen.

However, I will also point out this.

Let's say we are spending $1B a year on welfare now ( a made up number) under our current system, and next year we add 5M people to those roles, Aren't our expenditures going to go up either way? Of course they are.

So, for financial solvency we need to close the borders and tighten up on citizenship whether we continue with our present system or go with my proposal.

Life should be a struggle. I want to feel alive.
I might be wandering off topic but I sure don't get this statement.

My goal is to never have to struggle. I feel alive from simple shit like landing a 5lb channel catfish at the lake, the first bite of some chicken curry I've been cooking, or my rec league volleyball team winning a point. Why is struggling required to feel alive?

Hell I felt pretty alive drunkenly screaming at the TV last night during the Edgar/Swanson fight, although my wife my disagree with her telling me to shut the fuck up a bit.

My goal is to never have to struggle. I feel alive from simple shit like landing a 5lb channel catfish at the lake, the first bite of some chicken curry I've been cooking, or my rec league volleyball team winning a point. Why is struggling required to feel alive?

I will admit, I've never struggled. I mean of course I've had bad days, who hasn't, but I was born into a moderately well of family, married into a wealthy one and spend the first 26 years of my adult life in the military where I excelled at every challenge thrown my way.

So, have I not been alive all this time?

I get enjoying challenges (that is why we do things like play sports) but it sure doesn't notch as something required for me to feel alive. Struggling to be on good financial footing sounds more like mental anguish than feeling alive, and I'd be doing everything I could to remove that as a factor from my existence.

Hell I felt pretty alive drunkenly screaming at the TV last night during the Edgar/Swanson fight, although my wife my disagree with her telling me to shut the fuck up a bit.

For me personally I feel alive when I am presented a continuously large number of obstacles to overcome. There is a bit out there that encapsulates how I feel:

Reinhold Messner was the first man to climb Mt. Everest without the use of compressed oxygen. When he was interviewed by a reporter, he was asked…”Why did you go up there knowing you could have died? Why did you go up there to die?” He responded…

“I didn’t go up there to die. I went up there to live.”

Reinhold Messner iclimbing

For me personally I feel alive when I am presented a continuously large number of obstacles to overcome. There is a bit out there that encapsulates how I feel:

Reinhold Messner was the first man to climb Mt. Everest without the use of compressed oxygen. When he was interviewed by a reporter, he was asked…”Why did you go up there knowing you could have died? Why did you go up there to die?” He responded…

“I didn’t go up there to die. I went up there to live.”

Reinhold Messner iclimbing

Right, I skydive for much the same reason.

But that isn't same thing as struggling with day to day living Wake.

Walmart pay sucks.
It sure does.

Jobs you can learn to do in half a day generally have pay that sucks.

Do you have a problem with making up the difference, with our tax dollars, so Walmart employees can eat?

I think it's unhealthy for our economy to have all the $$$ going to the top.
Please tell me you're not so stupid that you believe such talking points?

Tapatalk

Did you have something you wanted to say?
I said it. It can't be helped you can't understand it.

Tapatalk

Again anyone with half a brain does not care if a full time employee gets some gov't assistance. I think the problem is only with those that refuse to wok. I have zero problem with a full time worker getting gov't assistance. Nor do others.

Wrong. I have a HUGE problem with it.

A full time employee should NOT qualify for government assistance. It's shameful.

Note - I am talking about a single person with no dependents, if you are making $8 an hour and have 3 or 4 kids to support, I believe you should be charged with neglect and have your kids taken from you.

You had me until the last sentence.

It's neglect to have children you can't provide the basics for Carla. You're not doing those children any good by allowing them to be neglected, and the parents of those children should be charged with a crime.
Keep your fascism.

Tapatalk

Isn't it wonderful that you have a choice of where to shop!

Now, why do you feel qualified to tell others they should not have that choice?

Well, you have a good point there Henry.

It is on those RARE occasions that I DO go to Wall-mart, that I notice their clientele. It saddens me to no end that the elites are taking advantage of those folks.

I know how the political system works. It is called corporatism, which is essentially fascism. I am not in favor of that. I like the free market. I HATE the government picking winners and losers.

I get my organic food at a local mom and pop place. In the summer I get my produce at the farmers market.

But I know how the Waltons USE the federal government to bilk the taxpayers of millions of dollars to make sure that the food stamp program stays in place.

Do you know that food stamps artificially inflate the cost of food for everyone else? Who do you think benefits from that?

THAT IS NOT the free market. That is an incestuous relationship between corporations and the government.

The people that lose the most are the people of Wall-Mart. They are the ones that feed the beast, all because they like the cheapest price. They don't know that BECAUSE they like the cheapest price, they have caused the BEAST to grow out of control.

I am just trying to raise awareness, that NO, what we have here IS NOT a free system, it is corruption at it's worst.

These people that shop their are like heroine junkies making the problem worse. Their none to bright Henry, none to bright.

You stand with them, I won't. I think it is cruel of the Waltons to take advantage of them, just like it is cruel of the Waltons to not allow their employees to unionize while these people are pissing and shitting on the floors. And believe me, their customer DO that.

Oh shut up. You are just complaining. If you had a substantive argument I would engage.
Just admit your entire approach here is to further the cause of organized labor.
Here's a fact for you. Union membership continues to drop. Now just under 7% of the private sector is unionized. And that is in part because workers have seen the light. They know that unions are businesses and given the choice to continue operating and paying their top brass gobs of money, or throwing their members under the bus, the bus wins.
These unions do nothing for the workers while the workers get to be taxed 5% or more of their earnings so that union delegates and union bosses get to drive expensive cars and live in large homes in far flung suburbs. All the while they belong to the same hypocrisy you accuse of the corporations.
I find much irony in that.

Nope. I neither stand with organized labor or with the corporate interests. My interest is with the people of the US and the US economy as a whole. I just want to end the incestuous relationship between corporations and that STATE.

Perhaps you're right, I have been too hard.

Here is a very unbiased article. It speaks of the harm I have been talking about for those who don't know. It also tells of the great benefit Wal-mart has done, including keeping Levi from going bankrupt. An interesting read.

"Wal-Mart has also lulled shoppers into ignoring the difference between the price of something and the cost. Its unending focus on price underscores something that Americans are only starting to realize about globalization: Ever-cheaper prices have consequences. Says Steve Dobbins, president of thread maker Carolina Mills: "We want clean air, clear water, good living conditions, the best health care in the world—yet we aren't willing to pay for anything manufactured under those restrictions."

The Wal-Mart You Don t Know Fast Company Business Innovation

yep. All the yokels know who shop there is that they have good prices on knock-off yoga pants & deep fried snickers bars. They don't realize that they're killing American jobs.

Why because you are FINALLY right about something and so agree with me? I have often opined that the minimum wage should be increased. Myself I believe $10 effectively immediately is fair, but ...........

$10 is certainly better than a kick in the pants. :p

Only for those who still have jobs.

That's the part you folks forget, jobs disappear when the minimum wage increases. Sometimes the overall economy is expanding and people rise up to meet the new requirements, sometimes people fall through the cracks but the population demographics change which makes them statistically insignificant, and sometimes those jobs just go underground.

But when the minimum wage is increased, a good portion of the current group making minimum wage with either have to expand their skillset or just be out of a job. Some roles will disappear completely: full-service gas station attendants (outside of New Jersey), porters in bowling alleys, candy stripers (they were paid in the 60s and 70s), and telephone operator positions no longer exist.

That's a load of dog poo.

If there is a demand, companies will keep all the employees needed to run the business.

Do you think McDonald's will let go of so many that people refuse to wait for their burgers? No, they are going to keep the amount needed to run the business.

There is still a demand for full-service gas station attendants, it's just below the minimum wage threshold.

McDonald's will step up their already increasing automation plans if the minimum wage goes up. They might even go full robotic and self-serve.

Remember when all drinks were made by workers behind the counter? Now they just hand you a cup and you go serve yourself. Remember when they brought the food to you? Now you wait in line to order and pay, then stand around waiting for your order.

Low wage workers and their non-paying supporters are too short-sighted and that's bad position to negotiate from. Plus, 3-5 million more low-skilled workers are about to enter the workforce. That's not going to help your case of $10 an hour minimum wage.

I guarantee that whatever they can get away with, as far as saving money, they're already doing it.

When enough people get tired of standing around waiting on a gut bomb, they'll take their money elsewhere.

You act like McDonald's is doing us a favor by serving us their lousy burgers in a timely fashion.

You bring up a very good point about saving money. So if automation is close and then labor costs artificially increase, what happens?

McD's is doing us no favors and I've never claimed that. You invented that point in your head.

Walmart Stores Once Again Asking Employees To Donate Food To Co-Workers In Need

Walmart Stores Once Again Asking Employees To Donate Food To Co-Workers In Need Consumerist

walmartokdonation.jpg

The group Making Change at Walmart says this donation box has been placed in an Oklahoma store asking employees to donate food for their co-workers in need.

FFS. Why can't these selfish ***** just pay their hard working employees more money?

Because there are plenty of people willing to do the work for the current pay. Do you voluntarily pay more for your products or do you pay what the price tag says?

Again anyone with half a brain does not care if a full time employee gets some gov't assistance. I think the problem is only with those that refuse to wok. I have zero problem with a full time worker getting gov't assistance. Nor do others.

Wrong. I have a HUGE problem with it.

A full time employee should NOT qualify for government assistance. It's shameful.

Note - I am talking about a single person with no dependents, if you are making $8 an hour and have 3 or 4 kids to support, I believe you should be charged with neglect and have your kids taken from you.

I think you should start your own business and give it a shot if you think this is so important. What's stopping you?

yep. All the yokels know who shop there is that they have good prices on knock-off yoga pants & deep fried snickers bars. They don't realize that they're killing American jobs.
Ah because shopping at the Mom & Pop store somehow means more American jobs since only the local stores have real yoga pants made by Americans.

Get real, a local retailer has shit made oveseas too, and they pay their workers even less than WalMart.

Forum List

Back