Wall for strong gun control

Trump is claiming to want to protect us with this wall. Well nothing would protect us more than some strong gun control. Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Trade the wall for strong gun control!

You can't bargain away our Constitutional rights :itsok:

If they are just sitting ducks, why are homicide rates in countries with gun control a small fraction of ours?

Lots of legal ownership guarantees lots of illegal ownership. Lots of illegal ownership guarantees lots of homicides.

If they are just sitting ducks, why are homicide rates in countries with gun control a small fraction of ours?

View attachment 239803

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia

Do the countries above us on this list have gun control?
Try countries comparable to us that are stable enough to enforce laws. Look at the UK, Germany, Japan, France, Denmark....

So you are suggesting that America establish a lot stricter law enforcement as well?
We have great law enforcement. What we need is stricter laws. Even angry kids have no problem getting guns in this country. The Swiss have lots of guns and a low homicide rates. What they have are much better laws.

There is totally easy access to guns by anyone in Switzerland.
Laws have nothing at all to do with low homicide rates except that when you have unfair laws that make people frustrated or angry, that will increase crime greatly.
Almost every house has a machinegun, and it is not hard for angry kids to gain access to them if they want to.
How is a minor gun law penalty going to deter someone bent on murder, the highest possible penalty?
Makes no sense at all to even begin to consider gun laws as possibly reducing crime.
It is the other way around, where harsh laws are what causes more crime.
If you took Swiss and forced them to obey the corrupt and draconian laws in the US, they would likely want to kill people too.
You clearly know anything about the Swiss gun laws.
Switzerland has a stunningly high rate of gun ownership — here's why it doesn't have mass shootings

Criminals don't obey laws, that's the point. Gun control only disarms the Law Abiders, and makes them sitting ducks for the criminal element.

85859581.jpeg

iu
Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Seems to work.

Criminals don't obey laws, that's the point. Gun control only disarms the Law Abiders, and makes them sitting ducks for the criminal element.

85859581.jpeg

iu
Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Seems to work.

There isn't any causation here, Brain.

Some countries with Draconian style gun control do have lower rates. But other countries with strong gun control, like Mexico, Venezuela, the Dem. Rep. of the Congo have much higher murder rates.

America is a lot more like those nations with our high hispanic and black populations than we are like the Empire of Japan

85859581.jpeg

iu

Some countries with Draconian style gun control do have lower rates. But other countries with strong gun control, like Mexico, Venezuela, the Dem. Rep. of the Congo have much higher murder rates.

America is a lot more like those nations with our high hispanic and black populations than we are like the Empire of Japan
All the stable countries that are able to enforce strong gun control have lower homicide rates. Mexico can't have strong gun control, their police are corrupt. Venezuela is in chaos.

85859581.jpeg

iu

All the stable countries that are able to enforce strong gun control have lower homicide rates. Mexico can't have strong gun control, their police are corrupt. Venezuela is in chaos.

America's police are corrupt, they are being sued and killing people in Baltimore, Staten Island, Ferguson, etc., a major political party has called for a major enforcement bureau, ICE to be defunded. Numerous police departments are in such disarray they have signed consent decrees to try and fight corruption.

The USA is in chaos as well. Our executive branch is under siege and has been so for 2 years.

We are definitely a lot more like Mexico,Venezuela as well as the Democratic Republic of Congo than we are to the Empire of Japan.

Trump is claiming to want to protect us with this wall. Well nothing would protect us more than some strong gun control. Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Trade the wall for strong gun control!

What if "strong gun control" meant that you could keep your pistols and rifles but it would become much harder for felons, criminals, muslims, gays, atheists and liberals to get guns?

85859581.jpeg

iu

America's police are corrupt, they are being sued and killing people in Baltimore, Staten Island, Ferguson, etc., a major political party has called for a major enforcement bureau, ICE to be defunded. Numerous police departments are in such disarray they have signed consent decrees to try and fight corruption.

The USA is in chaos as well. Our executive branch is under siege and has been so for 2 years.

We are definitely a lot more like Mexico,Venezuela as well as the Democratic Republic of Congo than we are to the Empire of Japan.
It is sad that you think that. Our police are not corrupt. They shoot too many people because they themselves are shot too often. The problem is too many guns. These aren't problems in stable countries with strong gun control.

So you think we are more like the Republic of congo?
Mass Murder Is The Norm In Democratic Republic of Congo Conflict | HuffPost
Death and displacement are on the rise in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where the army and local militia groups have been waging battle in recent months.

The conflict has killed at least 3,383 people in the central Kasai region since October, Reuters reported Tuesday.

We have nothing like that going on here. It is hard to take you seriously when you make statements like that.

It is sad that you think that. Our police are not corrupt. They shoot too many people because they themselves are shot too often. The problem is too many guns. These aren't problems in stable countries with strong gun control.

Death and displacement are on the rise in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where the army and local militia groups have been waging battle in recent months.

The conflict has killed at least 3,383 people in the central Kasai region since October, Reuters reported Tuesday.

We have nothing like that going on here. It is hard to take you seriously when you make statements like that.

Its not just the people the cops shoot, you know. Freddie Gray in Baltimore wasn't shot, and neither was the fat guy in Staten Island that was selling cigarettes on the street.

As far as Congo, I'm not talking about their war, but their murder rate and their draconian gun control.

From your numerous posts on this topic, I see what you call gun control is an important issue to you. You don't go very far in defining what you'd like to see. No specifics. You also don't seem to take into account the wide disparities of cultures on this planet. You also never explain in detail why you so urgently desire honest, law abiding Americans like me to be defenseless. If you put more meat on the bones of your nebulous gun control position, you might get more respect and less ridicule.

I lived overseas a few times. I lived in Japan for two years and felt perfectly safe not being able to keep a firearm. The reason: Japanese culture. I lived in Panama for a year and a half and I was rarely out of reach of my handgun. The reason: Panamanian culture.

Having a handgun on me saved my ex, her brother and myself from a carjacking and who knows what would have happened after we would have lost control of the situation by overwhelming numbers of thugs. In Panama at the time, almost everyone who could afford to carry did. I've retired in the U.S. and parts of it are violent. I prefer to keep my Second Amendment rights. In my life, I've used a firearm twice to protect myself. Once in Panama and once in the U.S. during a home break in. I may not be typing these words right now had I not been armed. You'd be OK with that.

As dear as your drive is to disarm me, my drive to remain able to defend myself and my loved ones from crazed lunatics is just as dear. If you are reasonable, I'm sure you can understand this from someone who has faced a crazed lunatic.

I'm sure you also feel rape is a hideous crime but I doubt you think the solution is to castrate all males. That's how your gun control rants come across. Supplying us with more depth to your position would give your argument more weight. IMHO.

Its not just the people the cops shoot, you know. Freddie Gray in Baltimore wasn't shot, and neither was the fat guy in Staten Island that was selling cigarettes on the street.

As far as Congo, I'm not talking about their war, but their murder rate and their draconian gun control.
So you have 2 examples? The police are not corrupt. They are doing a great job given we are flooded with guns and they themselves get killed weekly.

Yes I suppose if they are at war there would be a high murder rate. You aren't making sense. The congo is nothing like the US. How about Chile? They have a lower homicide rate than the US and strong gun control. They are also a more stable country not at war.

From your numerous posts on this topic, I see what you call gun control is an important issue to you. You don't go very far in defining what you'd like to see. No specifics. You also don't seem to take into account the wide disparities of cultures on this planet. You also never explain in detail why you so urgently desire honest, law abiding Americans like me to be defenseless. If you put more meat on the bones of your nebulous gun control position, you might get more respect and less ridicule.

I lived overseas a few times. I lived in Japan for two years and felt perfectly safe not being able to keep a firearm. The reason: Japanese culture. I lived in Panama for a year and a half and I was rarely out of reach of my handgun. The reason: Panamanian culture.

Having a handgun on me saved my ex, her brother and myself from a carjacking and who knows what would have happened after we would have lost control of the situation by overwhelming numbers of thugs. In Panama at the time, almost everyone who could afford to carry did. I've retired in the U.S. and parts of it are violent. I prefer to keep my Second Amendment rights. In my life, I've used a firearm twice to protect myself. Once in Panama and once in the U.S. during a home break in. I may not be typing these words right now had I not been armed. You'd be OK with that.

As dear as your drive is to disarm me, my drive to remain able to defend myself and my loved ones from crazed lunatics is just as dear. If you are reasonable, I'm sure you can understand this from someone who have faced a crazed lunatic.

I'm sure you also feel rape is a hideous crime but I doubt you think the solution is to castrate all males. That's how your gun control rants come across. Supplying us with more depth to your position would give your argument more weight. IMHO.
You aren't any safer. Lots of guns just increases your chance of being shot. We can't even protect our school children here. Again, our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. A lower homicide rate is safer.

You aren't any safer. Lots of guns just increases your chance of being shot. We can't even protect our school children here. Again, our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. A lower homicide rate is safer.

You didn't even read my post.

Dismissed.

As dear as your drive is to disarm me, my drive to remain able to defend myself and my loved ones from crazed lunatics is just as dear. If you are reasonable, I'm sure you can understand this from someone who have faced a crazed lunatic.

Actually, we know how to protect the children here. Metal detectors and body cavity searches in school houses could stop it easily.

Federal Office Buildings and state penitentiaries both have strict searching of people entering the facilities.

Its crazy that America values the lives of bureaucrats and child molesters doing time more than we value the lives of our school children

You didn't even read my post.

Dismissed.
Of course I did. You foolishly think you are safer. The facts don't agree with you.

Actually, we know how to protect the children here. Metal detectors and body cavity searches in school houses could stop it easily.

Federal Office Buildings and state penitentiaries both have strict searching of people entering the facilities.

Its crazy that America values the lives of bureaucrats and child molesters doing time more than we value the lives of our school children
Countries with strong gun control don't have to do that...

Of course I did. You foolishly think you are safer. The facts don't agree with you.

You failed to address my post. You didn't even have time to read it based on how fast you robotically responded.

I am safer and ALIVE because I possessed a firearm twice when facing two life threatening situations. The FACT that I'm alive proves you wrong.

It's obvious you're a paid shill. Your responses are robotic and scripted. You don't discuss. Broken records are more interesting.

You failed to address my post. You didn't even have time to read it based on how fast you robotically responded.

I am safer and ALIVE because I possessed a firearm twice when facing two life threatening situations. The FACT that I'm alive proves you wrong.

It's obvious you're a paid shill. Your responses are robotic and scripted. You don't discuss. Broken records are more interesting.
No, I read it. The facts are against you however. Like I've said, our homicide rate is much higher thanks to all the guns. You may also shoot yourself as hundreds a year die that way. And if you get suicidal it's very effective for that. No, you are not safer. Weren't you in another country when you had these claimed life saving situations? Lots of lawful gun ownership guarantees lots of unlawful ownership. Lots of unlawful ownership guarantees lots of death.

No, I read it. The facts are against you however. Like I've said, our homicide rate is much higher thanks to all the guns. You may also shoot yourself as hundreds a year die that way. And if you get suicidal it's very effective for that. No, you are not safer. Weren't you in another country when you had these claimed life saving situations? Lots of lawful gun ownership guarantees lots of unlawful ownership. Lots of unlawful ownership guarantees lots of death.
Na, not really

Little Brain,

Whatever anti second amendment group is paying you to post this broken record isn't getting their money's worth.

You didn't read my post and won't/can't address my three points.

At least try to earn the money you're being paid to be a shill. At least try to be interesting and informative. Obtuse is so boring.

Forum List

Back