walking dog

angelblue

Rookie
Sep 5, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
ok can someone help me , i have this problem with my dog , when i go to take her for a walk , we will walk for a little bit and then she just sit for a second she will get up and start walking again , then she will sit back down, this goes on till we get home , we walk aroung the block, can anybody explain it and what can i do to get her to keep walking .

Angel have you done basic training with your dog? The sit command, the stay command and heel? Starting with just these basics as a form of structure and disciple can go a long way. Then when she is on a leash she may start to be more likely to follow commands.

her name is angel and i have had her 4 yearsn she is a shetland sheepdog , sheltie for short, she is a very good dog ,i have done basic traning with her , when i got her and she does pretty good ,it is just the walking part , she likes to walk , but like i said before , she will stop and sit , i tell her lets go and she will walk , but then in a second she will sit right down, i guess what i will haft to do is start putting her leach on when i am home and get her used to it and try walking in the house and yard and see what happens, another thing she does not bark in the house , but when i go to let her out , she will bark at me to come out and if i do she is ok , but if i don,t that is when she barks and i haft to hurry and close the door and she will stop , other then that she is a very good dog ,

angel,I looked at a couple web sites,but they all adress the problem if a dog is pulling to much,but not if he stops to much. It did say you have to make the dog learn to pay attention to your body,without you giving a command. Part of that would be to chnage directions while walking,but let the dog figure out you are doing so,by paying attention to your body movements. I will ask my boss,she knows just about everything there is to know about dog training.

All nice discussion,
Well, I think she is suffering from some physical weakness that urge her to take short term rest.
But it doesn't mean that she is ill.
Just concentrate on the diet plan of your dog. Look for some trainer that help to improve the dog's
attitude.

All nice discussion,
Well, I think she is suffering from some physical weakness that urge her to take short term rest.
But it doesn't mean that she is ill.
Just concentrate on the diet plan of your dog. Look for some trainer that help to improve the dog's
attitude.

Why are you committing on a post that is 7 years old and the person has not been on the board for 2 years? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back