Wal-Mart Must Pay For Closing Unionized Store

Depends on perspective.

IF you mean from the legal stand point, possibly not.

But it does give Walmart reason to avoid investing in Canada, and avoid hiring people.

That is not the most wise move on their part.

Don't know about Canada but here in the USA, Walmart doesn't invest in the USA, the USA invests in/subsidizes Walmart and-----and Walmart's using your money/debt to subsidize many (up to 80%) of the people they hire.

If Walmart does business in Canada the way they do business in the USA, most Canadians probably don't give a rat's patooty whether they have access to Walmart's cheap plastic shit.

Walmart-fuels-inequality-epidemic-taking-advantage-of-our-safety-net

Walmart's employees receive $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. They are also the top recipients of Medicaid in numerous states. Why does this occur? Walmart fails to provide a livable wage and decent healthcare benefits, costing U.S. taxpayers an annual average of $1.02 billion in healthcare costs. This direct public subsidy is being given to offset the failures of an international corporate giant who shouldn’t be shifting part of its labor costs onto the American taxpayers.

We can fix that.... cut welfare, medicaid, food stamps, and section 8 housing.

Here's the problem with you people...

First you are not counting the billions in taxes paid by the employees, including the executives.

Second, you are not including the billions paid by the company itself.

Third, you not including all of the support for those stores. How many electricians have jobs, doing work at walmart? Landscapers? Pipefitters? How many truck drivers? How many IT people have work, because Walmart needs them to fix their self checkout lines?

Thousands of people have jobs, and get paid good wages, because of walmart, and all of them pay tax too.

And lastly, every single time you increase wages arbitrarily, people lose their jobs.

All those people getting welfare now, how much will they get when they are laid off? A bunch more, not less, thanks to you idiots.

-giggle!-
Rightwingers spent most of 2012 claiming low income people don't pay any taxes now-----now when it suits your purpose you're claiming Walmart workers pay taxes that are so high they offset government safety nets.- poofuckinleeze make up your mind which lie you're going to support.

how-taxpayers-subsidizes-americas-biggest-employer-and-richest-family

<snip>

“This report shows that Americans pay a lot more than they think at Walmart,” said Frank Clemente, Executive Director at Americans for Tax Fairness. “The real cost of shopping at Walmart is much higher than what shows up on your cash register slip. Walmart’s exploitation of large taxpayer subsidies and tax loopholes means higher taxes for everyone else and less money to invest in schools and communities.”

“The most troubling findings in this report are how much Walmart rakes in selling its groceries to food stamps beneficiaries, while it fleeces taxpayers who are subsidizing the low wages and poor benefits Walmart pays its employees,” said Clemente. The report found that Walmart had 18 percent of food stamps sales last year, which were worth $13.5 billion, while its employees received $6.2 billion in taxpayer assistance from food stamps, Medicaid and other income- support programs.

<snip>

The joy is that nobody has to shop at Walmart.

The fun is that so man who whine about Walmart shop there regularly and avert their eyes when they think somebody recognizes them. Outhta try wearing a pair of panty hose on your heads instead. It would look far more natural.

Don't know about Canada but here in the USA, Walmart doesn't invest in the USA, the USA invests in/subsidizes Walmart and-----and Walmart's using your money/debt to subsidize many (up to 80%) of the people they hire.

If Walmart does business in Canada the way they do business in the USA, most Canadians probably don't give a rat's patooty whether they have access to Walmart's cheap plastic shit.

Walmart-fuels-inequality-epidemic-taking-advantage-of-our-safety-net

Walmart's employees receive $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. They are also the top recipients of Medicaid in numerous states. Why does this occur? Walmart fails to provide a livable wage and decent healthcare benefits, costing U.S. taxpayers an annual average of $1.02 billion in healthcare costs. This direct public subsidy is being given to offset the failures of an international corporate giant who shouldn’t be shifting part of its labor costs onto the American taxpayers.

We can fix that.... cut welfare, medicaid, food stamps, and section 8 housing.

Here's the problem with you people...

First you are not counting the billions in taxes paid by the employees, including the executives.

Second, you are not including the billions paid by the company itself.

Third, you not including all of the support for those stores. How many electricians have jobs, doing work at walmart? Landscapers? Pipefitters? How many truck drivers? How many IT people have work, because Walmart needs them to fix their self checkout lines?

Thousands of people have jobs, and get paid good wages, because of walmart, and all of them pay tax too.

And lastly, every single time you increase wages arbitrarily, people lose their jobs.

All those people getting welfare now, how much will they get when they are laid off? A bunch more, not less, thanks to you idiots.

-giggle!-
Rightwingers spent most of 2012 claiming low income people don't pay any taxes now-----now when it suits your purpose you're claiming Walmart workers pay taxes that are so high they offset government safety nets.- poofuckinleeze make up your mind which lie you're going to support.

I never made the claim that. I *AM* the low income people. I have not earned more than $20,000 gross in 20 years. Want to know how much I paid in taxes last year? I got my W-2 right here dude... From an income of $18.775 Gross income, I paid $2,650 in taxes, plus when I filed my return, I owed them an additional $340.

So apparently to you scum sucking leftards, I'm the top 1%, and you have to steal $3,000 of my $18.7K income, to give to people who haven't worked for it. And unlike you people, that's no lie, that's my reality thanks you idiots.

[
URL="http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2014/04/walmart-on-tax-day-how-taxpayers-subsidizes-americas-biggest-employer-and-richest-family/"]how-taxpayers-subsidizes-americas-biggest-employer-and-richest-family[/URL]

<snip>

“This report shows that Americans pay a lot more than they think at Walmart,” said Frank Clemente, Executive Director at Americans for Tax Fairness. “The real cost of shopping at Walmart is much higher than what shows up on your cash register slip. Walmart’s exploitation of large taxpayer subsidies and tax loopholes means higher taxes for everyone else and less money to invest in schools and communities.”

The report is wrong.

“The most troubling findings in this report are how much Walmart rakes in selling its groceries to food stamps beneficiaries, while it fleeces taxpayers who are subsidizing the low wages and poor benefits Walmart pays its employees,” said Clemente. The report found that Walmart had 18 percent of food stamps sales last year, which were worth $13.5 billion, while its employees received $6.2 billion in taxpayer assistance from food stamps, Medicaid and other income- support programs.

<snip>

Yeah, because if it was odd lots selling goods to food stamp beneficiaries, that would be better.

Again, we can fix this. CUT FOOD STAMPS AND WELFARE. Problem solved.

Would you rather Walmart close, and have all those people with jobs, unemployed earning nothing? Would you rather all those poor people, paying a higher price for goods, thus needing MORE food stamps?

Idiots. All of you... total idiots. Forest Gump could grasp these simple concepts better than you leftards.

Forum List

Back