Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

It wasn't music. The article says it was a recording of an antin Israel protest and also that they were chanting "God is great". On the former, I can understand if Jews were offended. On the second, I don't see why a Jew would disagree that God is great.

It doesn't say G-d... it says "allah"... you know, like "allah akhbar" which they say before they blow themselves up.

Yes, assuming you mean hitting him with a misdemeanor is a slap on the wrist.

And the family can sue him for whatever they can get in a civil case.

Well, maybe he learned his lesson..

Tho, if that's his idea of entertainment, and work is the place to do it, I'm betting not.

What's amazing to me is that the guy was charged with felony harassment.

I can't believe that the police arrested some for playing the wrong music.

What's next?

A person getting arrested for mistakenly playing jazz music at a country and western bar??

why? in your world if someone disses your religion you simply hack off their heads! why would you be amazed?

FOX NEWS made this up?

pass the koolaid.

FOX News? It's an Associated Press story, not Sean Hannity.

gawd, you're starting to get on my nerves with the PC idiocy.

You just have to ignore DUmmies like her. They aren't able to get past the FOX part. With them it's always kill the messenger. Total indoctrination is a terrible thing to waste donchyaknow? :lol::lol::lol:

Buttafucco admittedly made the tape at an anti-Israeli rally. He must really hate Jews to pull a stunt like this. Why am I not surprised our resident anti-semite is defending the actions of the accused?

So predictable.

I think it's quite insulting to devout Muslims that their sacred prayer to God be used in this offensive manner to hurt others during a religious ceremony.

I'm surprised our resident spokeman for the 'religion of peace' isn't outraged at the misuse of his religious prayers being used in a harmful way.

This was NOT the beautiful sound of the chant of morning or evening prayers that I have heard while in India, and found haunting and beautiful. This was a recording of an angry mob.

He made the tape there? hmmm, but still...

Was he trying to make a joke? It is still harassment, but intent?

Like everyone here you mean? :eusa_shifty:

Today is actually my day off. If you all are on here while at work, and you get busted for it, and fired for misuse of company equipment, and time, I'm not going to feel sorry for you, either. :)

Where does it say he is a muslim?

I got this from the article:

I didn't see where it said Buttafuoco was muslim.

I hadn't read the article yet, I assumed mani had.

Nothing indicates he isn't a Muslim, however.

Maybe you're grasping, Ravi.
I'm not grasping, I simply don't know. Normally waiters at wedding have down time, especially when the bride and groom are exchanging vows. We also don't know if the DJ was using a wireless mic...cell phones can and do interfere with wireless systems, especially crappy ones that you run across in church.

But of course, I defer to your expertise on any subject under the sun. :cuckoo:

It wasn't music. The article says it was a recording of an antin Israel protest and also that they were chanting "God is great". On the former, I can understand if Jews were offended. On the second, I don't see why a Jew would disagree that God is great.

they weren't offended; they were scared. they thought it was a terrorist attack

I hadn't read the article yet, I assumed mani had.

Nothing indicates he isn't a Muslim, however.

Well, he's not related to Joey Buttafuoco, we can rule that out at least! So as far as we know, he still has his penis intact.

Forum List

Back