Wait until November.......

BTW, the anger is on the Right. It is not in the center, nor on the Left.
You couldn't be more wrong.

The right doesn't vote in Mass, remember who won.

Also bear in mind who won in NJ.

People don't like being lied to, and the moderates feel they were bullshited bigtime.

A moderate won in Mass and a moderate beat a very unpopular governor in NJ, both elections held at the very depth of the recession in the heart of a wrenching healthcare debate. Healthcare will be off the front pages in November and the economy will be getting better.

The polling data does not show the same animosity in the middle as it does on the Right. That does not mean the middle is going to flock to the Dems - the Dems have lost ground in the middle and they will lose a lot of seats. But the dynamics are going to be different in six months.

Of course, the Democrats aren't exactly known for ruthless efficiency. It is perfectly within them to do something remarkably stupid - cap and trade, for instance. But Republicans standing up for Wall Street and big banks, as they are now in blocking financial reform, isn't a winning combination either.

I think there will be low turnout unless things get really bad. Like I said, Steele has dicked away a year's worth of time on parlor tricks and the GOP is offering no workable alternatives to Obama's platform.

The GOP is going to have to do better than propping up feaux outrage if they want to make more than moderate gains in '10.

People don't like being lied to, and the moderates feel they were bullshited bigtime.

A moderate won in Mass and a moderate beat a very unpopular governor in NJ, both elections held at the very depth of the recession in the heart of a wrenching healthcare debate. Healthcare will be off the front pages in November and the economy will be getting better.

The polling data does not show the same animosity in the middle as it does on the Right. That does not mean the middle is going to flock to the Dems - the Dems have lost ground in the middle and they will lose a lot of seats. But the dynamics are going to be different in six months.

Of course, the Democrats aren't exactly known for ruthless efficiency. It is perfectly within them to do something remarkably stupid - cap and trade, for instance. But Republicans standing up for Wall Street and big banks, as they are now in blocking financial reform, isn't a winning combination either.
Moderates are now against Obama 2-1.

At least 60 Dems up for the house called themselves 'blue dogs' yet voted for Barrycare.

EVERY ONE OF THEM is in jeopardy, they showed the public that a fiscally conservative democrat does not exist.

I don't work in politics like the Doctor, but I have followed it for years.

If the Dems think this anger is just going to 'go away' they are crazy.

Voters are going to take it out on them.

I agree with your post, but I wouldn't call Christie a "moderate". He'll be a one-term governor.

I told you this from the start, if you keep up the insults you getting them right back.

Its up to you whether it goes on, but you are delussional if you think you can have a civil discussion when you keep tossing out the same insult over and over again.

So you are all pissed off that I use the term "teabaggers"? And you further think that personally insulting me is going to stop me?

Well tough shit. I think the term is hilarious and will continue to use it to describe the teabag movement.

Maybe you guys fancy yourselves so important that you are above ridicule, but you are alone in that regard.

BTW, speaking of dicks:

http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Teabaggers

Last edited:

New Jersey, just like New York, is a blue state that elects republican governors. Chris Christie is just following in Christie Whitman's footprints.

BTW, you can bet on the outcome of the 2010 elections through Intrade. Currently on Intrade, the odds of the Dems retaining the Senate is 77% and the House 55%. That means if you are extremely confident that the Dems are going to lose, it will cost you 45 cents to win $1 on the Dems losing the House. The odds of the Republicans winning the Senate are 8% to 15%, meaning it will cost you anywhere between 8 and 15 cents to win a dollar if you think the GOP will take the Senate. You have an opportunity to double your money on the House and earn at least 6x your money on the Senate. As an investor, I bet heavily on opportunities in which I have a high degree of confidence. If I was as certain as many on the Right are here today about what is going to happen in November, then I would be buying these contracts all day.

Intrade Prediction Markets

I agree with your post, but I wouldn't call Christie a "moderate". He'll be a one-term governor.
Depends on how the economy flushs out, right now he's suffering a backlash from taking on budget cuts.

New Jersey, just like New York, is a blue state that elects republican governors. Chris Christie is just following in Christie Whitman's footprints.
Not always.

NY is unlikely to see a GoP governor anytime soon, even with Patterson's mismangement Cuomo will probaly win easily.

Moderates are now against Obama 2-1.

At least 60 Dems up for the house called themselves 'blue dogs' yet voted for Barrycare.

EVERY ONE OF THEM is in jeopardy, they showed the public that a fiscally conservative democrat does not exist.

I don't work in politics like the Doctor, but I have followed it for years.

If the Dems think this anger is just going to 'go away' they are crazy.

Voters are going to take it out on them.

You are over-estimating the popular response to what you're calling "Barrycare".

As soon as people realize that it's just more status-quo, and not the end of the world (which is already happening), it'll become a non-issue.

Name a "Blue Dog" who's actually facing serious competition.

Not always.

NY is unlikely to see a GoP governor anytime soon, even with Patterson's mismangement Cuomo will probaly win easily.

And this is something we agree on completely. Cuomo's got the right last name, and Lazio and Levy are going to fracture the state's Republicans, increasing the upstate-downstate rift.

Depends on how the economy flushs out, right now he's suffering a backlash from taking on budget cuts.

Yeah, it's far too early to really make a prediction about that, actually.

Christie will have to deal with the fact that New Jersey does have a large labor base. If Christie solves the horrible budget issues, he'll probably win again. But if things stay the same, he'll lose, and lose badly.

Right now, any prognostication is fantasy. People tend to vote with what is happening now.

We were promised that the resssion would not have unemployment over 8 if we passed stimulus. It is now close to ten, and has been for several months. we were promised recovery would be rapid and jobs would be all over the place. Now they are saying that 10% is as close to full employment as we are going to see for a long time in the future.

Health care was not a bad bill just because it put government in charge of health care, but because it raised taxes through the roof, didn't deliver on its basic promise (health coverage for all) and the process of passing it was so incredibly corrupt and dishonest. The excuse was the Republicans were almost as bad in the past, forgetting that the reasons republicans went from majority to very small minority was that the voters hated this kind of thing.

Independent voters make up a huge part of the electorate now. (Most of whom aren't as independent as they claim) Disgust at the process, disgust at the behavior, disgust at what came out of the process, disgust at the deliberate deafness, all of this just makes the voters angry.

the other half is, can the republicans make the sale to the voter that they have learned their lessons and will be more responsible and responsive.

I don't see the republicans are making the sale yet. the dems are loosing customers, that doesn't mean the Republcians are gaining them.

The Blue Dog Caucus only has 54 members. 34 of them voted against the health care bill. Stop making shit up. You look like an ass.

Last edited:

The Blue Dog Caucus only has 54 members. 34 of them voted against the health care bill. Stop making shit up. You look like an ass.

Please excuse Xeno..

Facts are not his best friends

Christie will have to deal with the fact that New Jersey does have a large labor base. If Christie solves the horrible budget issues, he'll probably win again. But if things stay the same, he'll lose, and lose badly.

I just came from Jersey...the Unions are running attack ads daily on all networks criticizing him for making drastic cuts in the budget that's affecting their members.

In a Democracy, no matter how much noise you make, no matter how many facts you twist or how much you lie, you still only get 1 vote per person.

The obstructionists & TPs all voted Republican before - and lost, they'll all vote Republican again - and they'll lose.

The only difference that that they are making is by keeping the liberals energized and the independants alienated by their extremism.

They're in for a nasty surprise this November

I just came from Jersey...the Unions are running attack ads daily on all networks criticizing him for making drastic cuts in the budget that's affecting their members.

Yes they certainly are, and they will continue to do so.

If the economy doesn't improve, the attacks will start to stick, and he'll be a one-term governor.

I make nothing 'up' and the only 'ass' here is you penis breathe.

Learn how to talk to people or go back to trying to fuck you sister's cat, your choice.

Please excuse Xeno..

Facts are not his best friends
Negged for lying.

Forum List

Back