Wait Times From Hell

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
Have you ever tried calling a state agency, your cable and internet provider, your doctor's office, the IRS, your county court house, and others that people might need questions answered or information? What is your usual wait time before you get to speak with someone? Do you hold the phone to your ear and hear elevator music for what seems like an hour or longer before you get to speak to someone? Do you hear the same recording over and over while you wait for someone to answer your call?

One would think that with all the unemployed people, that these places of business would hire enough folks to answer calls. I think automation is great for some applications, but certainly not for answering a phone call. To me, it's very impolite and discourteous to have automated phone answering machines at any business, especially a government service. In addition, a lot of times, when you do get someone on the other end of the call, they aren't the ones that can help you, and they then transfer the call to another department, which means another long wait listening to creepy elevator music and repeated recorded messages.

What happened to friendly, courteous, and polite customer service in this country? And, why are so many businesses having their call centers in foreign countries? Have you gotten someone on the other end of the call and couldn't understand a word they said? Ever called Microsoft call center seeking help with a computer problem? If so, could you understand the person on the other end of the call?

It's very frustrating to make an important call, wait a long time before you get to speak to someone, then not being able to understand a word they say. Or, wait a long time, then when someone does answer the call, they aren't the one to help you, and transfer you to someone else, which mean another long wait listening to recorded messages and elevator music.

Damn it, hire some of these folks that are unemployed and looking for work.

I don't complain unless something absolutely positively doesn't work any more and I can't live without it. :) My CD-ROM went nuts over a year ago, and to get it to stop spinning at top speed continuously unable to extract the disc or shut it down any other way, I unplugged it completely which took out my sound card too. But I adapted and made due.

One of the Jedi tenets is not to form attractions or associations with things and people. "Let go" of such things so they don't control you. So I let go of sound on my computer. And the ability to reinstall games and such if I can't dnl them and do it that way. Only thing I miss is my mp3 music collection. My cd collection is ancient and while they play on mt tv dvd player, they don't sound as good and I'm missing a lot of stuff I'd like to hear again. :)

Here is the bright side, Sonny.

It is written:

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience, and experience, hope. And hope maketh not ashamed, because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which given unto us. For when we were without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 5: 3,4,5,6

just go shooting, ,man. even if it's just airsoft in your attic or garage, it helps. It helps even more if the targets are pics of Peloci, Clinton, Reid, TV talking heads, etc.

I put the phone on speaker and wait. but I always get the NESFs (Non-English Speaking Fucqers) and can't understand a word they say.

I put the phone on speaker and wait. but I always get the NESFs (Non-English Speaking Fucqers) and can't understand a word they say.
That's pretty common down here........ Oh it's not that they don't speak English and it's not really the accent (though that can be frustrating also), it the combination of the accent plus how fast they talk and my not so great hearing....... I've had to explain that I have a hearing issue and that they're talking to fast, that usually works, they slow down.
As for waiting, a lot of companies are now offering call back service when your place in line is next, pretty cool if their busy, that way you don't get frustrated waiting for what seems an eternity.

That's pretty common down here........ Oh it's not that they don't speak English and it's not really the accent (though that can be frustrating also), it the combination of the accent plus how fast they talk and my not so great hearing....... I've had to explain that I have a hearing issue and that they're talking to fast, that usually works, they slow down.
As for waiting, a lot of companies are now offering call back service when your place in line is next, pretty cool if their busy, that way you don't get frustrated waiting for what seems an eternity.
I think that you've taken too many Brotch slaps to the side of the head, s0n. :slap:

Forum List

Back