Wages still $2.13 for restaurant workers

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Minimum Wage For Restaurant Servers Remains Stagnant For 20 Years Under Industry Lobbying

And, the right fought to keep it that way.

The restaurant industry, led by the National Restaurant Association -- and its board chairman Herman Cain, who would later become the group's president -- successfully pressured lawmakers to have the minimum wage for tipped employees separated from the increase and kept at $2.13.

Really, there's no excuse for this. And no excuse for it to be a political issue. But it is.

Gee, no mention of the 14.00 per hour in tips?

How disengenious.

Here is an idea. Get an education and make your services more valuable and THEN go get a job that has a higher wage.

BTW...both My cousins put themselves through the University of Iowa working as waitresses at the Amana Colonies truck stop.

Use wisely your power of choice. If you are 20, and you are working as a waiter while going to college, good choice. If you are 40 and are a water making $2 and change an hour plus tips, you have made some poor choices in your life and don't ask this taxpayer to help your stupid ass out.
Yep. Good to see you PredFan....

It is going to sound a bit sexist, but if your a waitress and show a little cleavage and some leg, your going to make some serious coin. Unless your a dood, in which case, you're going to be paying Me to sit there.

hehe.

So your prescription is what? More Government meddling?

You're in favor of government meddling when it comes to marriage and abortion but not when we're talking about fair pay. Typical rw.

Proof please that EVERY waitperson makes $14 per hour in tips. Or is it only Republicans who ALL made $14 an hour in tips. Betcha, one of you lame ass rw's will say you made twice that, every single day. Liars.

Why is it that we can always count on the rw's to pile on any issue of equality?

And, the best many can do is attack the messenger? That FACT says it all.

Because you're cheap and don't tip is the REAL issue here.

You're in favor of government meddling when it comes to marriage and abortion but not when we're talking about fair pay. Typical rw.

Proof please that EVERY waitperson makes $14 per hour in tips. Or is it only Republicans who ALL made $14 an hour in tips. Betcha, one of you lame ass rw's will say you made twice that, every single day. Liars.

Why is it that we can always count on the rw's to pile on any issue of equality?

I'm in favor of Life, Liberty, Persuit of happiness without Government intrusion jackal.

I never said EVERY worker made 14 per hour.....In fact, like all jobs, you get out of it what you put into it.

I can guarantee you that after you add the tips made and the wages earned, that their bottom line is NOT FUCKING 2.13 per hour, is it?

Why do you feel you have to lie about this in order to make your point?

People make good money as wait staff, provided your friendly, smile and offer good service.

Force them to make just minimum wage with no tips, and your going to get food thrown at you from the kitchen because the staff can't be bothered to spend 8 hours on their feet just to feed your ass.

Why is it that leftist have to remove incentive for a phoney 'equality' that will never exist?

I never said EVERY worker made 14 per hour.....In fact, like all jobs, you get out of it what you put into it.

I can guarantee you that after you add the tips made and the wages earned, that their bottom line is NOT FUCKING 2.13 per hour, is it?

Why do you feel you have to lie about this in order to make your point?

People make good money as wait staff, provided your friendly, smile and offer good service.

Force them to make just minimum wage with no tips, and your going to get food thrown at you from the kitchen because the staff can't be bothered to spend 8 hours on their feet just to feed your ass.

Why is it that leftist have to remove incentive for a phoney 'equality' that will never exist?

Indeed. If they didn't make decent wages? They'd be looking elsewhere.

Forum List

Back