W. Virginia becomes #26 right to work state

Yahoo, put a fork in it Unions are D.E.A.D....

:banana::dance::dance::dance:

West Virginia, a suffering coal mining state shaped by the sometimes-bloody history of its organized labor, is set to become the 26th state with a so-called right-to-work law.

In House and Senate party-line votes Friday, lawmakers rebuked a veto Thursday by Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin. The move will solidify a law that proponents say will draw in business and give workers more freedom over their ties to unions, but which opponents say is solely meant to undercut unions. The law becomes effective July 1.

Along similar partisan lines Friday, the Legislature dealt another blow to unions by overriding a second Tomblin veto, of a law that will eliminate the state's prevailing wage on public construction projects. The law becomes effective in May.

Lawmakers Vote to Make W. Virginia Right-to-Work State

good to know you're brainwashed to vote against your own interests.

no wonder you feel threatened by immigrants.

West Virginia, a suffering coal mining state shaped by the sometimes-bloody history of its organized labor, is set to become the 26th state with a so-called right-to-work law.

In House and Senate party-line votes Friday, lawmakers rebuked a veto Thursday by Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin. The move will solidify a law that proponents say will draw in business and give workers more freedom over their ties to unions, but which opponents say is solely meant to undercut unions. The law becomes effective July 1.

Along similar partisan lines Friday, the Legislature dealt another blow to unions by overriding a second Tomblin veto, of a law that will eliminate the state's prevailing wage on public construction projects. The law becomes effective in May.

I'm curious as to how being compelled to join a union and pay dues to be able to be employed is in anyone's best interests except the union's leaders.

I'm curious as to how being compelled to join a union and pay dues to be able to be employed is in anyone's best interests except the union's leaders.

because then employers can't interfere with people joining unions.

collective bargaining is the only power workers have.

so let's make sure that workers here have to compete with labor in mexico and asia for wages. :thup:

Miners should be making $40 per hour at least. Nobody can ever argue this and if the markets says this is wrong then those jobs should never be filled by an american.

Obama has made it clear....he and the Democrats to not want coal miners. Blacks better take head

so let's make sure that workers here have to compete with labor in mexico and asia for wages. :thup:
Labor laws already cover employers interfering with persons joining unions. Right to Work does not change that law.

Again, the ONLY thing Right to Work does is make it illegal to force someone to join a union in order to become employed.

...to vote against your own interests.

^^^^^^^ One of the leftists favorite false, empty slogans. Easy to spot a brainless liberal incapable of anything beyond DNC-approved bumper stickers.

For the millionth time how am I brainwashed and voting against my own interest?

Born and lived In the chicago area 38 years, making around 75 grand a year when I left in 2004.

2016 making around 75 grand a year In South Carolina and the cost of living is way cheaper and jobs what I do is a plenty,

What you forget skills and jobs?

I don't need a union to make more money down here I could just quit and pack my tool box and move.

I don't need a union to make more money down here I could just quit and pack my tool box and move.

i forgot no such thing. the reality is the middle class and businesses all do better when workers are paid decently. and non-union workers get paid better when unions are strong because that becomes the baseline for salary and benefits.

and the people most celebrating the stupidity of undoing unions are people like you who need them most.

you can pick up your tool box and move anywhere you want... but if people doing what you do had their wages forced down because they are no longer able to bargain collectively, then *you* get paid less.

Why is it so important to you that more Americans work for less?

How does that make your life better?

Again remind me again where did Volvo put there new car plant?

Speaking of South Carolina read BMW in Greenville/Spartenburg SC just became the biggest car exporter of American made cars to markets outside North America.

BMWs Made in America Surging as Biggest Auto Export: Cars

You didn't answer my question.

Who works for less then NO JOB?

There ARE 50 states.

Who works for less THAN no job?

Where did Volvo move THEIR plant?

You are probably someone who would benefit from union representation. You are a blue collar worker. Being against unions is dumb for you.

No it's not, I worked at a Union plant up in Chicago one time (one that you didn't have to join a union to work at).

The company sucked. I used to get bored at night and read the complaints at the Union stewards desk who also happened to be a 1st shift maintenance man. It was hilarious at what the peeves were about .

Those peons needed a Union , I sure as hell never needed one.

i forgot no such thing. the reality is the middle class and businesses all do better when workers are paid decently. and non-union workers get paid better when unions are strong because that becomes the baseline for salary and benefits.

and the people most celebrating the stupidity of undoing unions are people like you who need them most.

you can pick up your tool box and move anywhere you want... but if people doing what you do had their wages forced down because they are no longer able to bargain collectively, then *you* get paid less.
Right to Work does not do a thing to collective bargaining.

You clearly are clueless as to what Right to Work does (and does not) do.

West Virginia is probably 1st in the Nation for the history of bloody wars about union workers. Barry Hussein ended all that when he shut down the coal mines. Now West Virginia worries about the unionization of Walmart clerks.

Wait a second , The wages went up down south because of RTW, it used to be just textile and farming. Now that all the auto company's moved down here their is plenty of middle class jobs to go around.

The Unions sent the jobs away, not pulled them in.

Besides from my perspective not much different from making 35~100 grand a year just more toys, a bigger car , house or rent payment.

For me It has to do with quality of life, not quantity.

I lived in a traffic jam of a nightmare taking an hour to get to work and have lived in a one stop light town. The one stop light town suits me fine.

35 grand per year is a slap in the face. Can't survive on it. That is poverty wage. One cannot feed his family nor buy a house nor afford even ajunk car for that.

82 grand is barely middle class. Let's not forget that. That's a tiny wage for the safety concerns. Hopefully those workers don't work too hard for that.

One of the fundamental parts of capitalism is the fact that there is a conflict between management and employee. The two operate better when at odds. Management won this battle. But the war will continue.

Forum List

Back