VW ID.Buzz

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I'm guessing these will be pretty popular.

volkswagen-id-buzz-euro-spec_100854019_h.jpg

volkswagen-id-buzz-euro-spec_100854021_h.jpg

volkswagen-id-buzz-euro-spec_100853895_h.jpg

volkswagen-id-buzz-euro-spec_100853910_h-1.jpg

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

/——/ Only if it was ICE and more 1960s retro, otherwise I’ll pass.

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

They look awesome!

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

Those color schemes stand out. I like the burnt orange two-tone. Not so much for the yellow/white interior.
I had a yellow '72 bug and an orange '71 Super.

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

I can see a lot of old hippies buying one.

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

Looks great. If it had an ICE option I think it would be a real winner.

I think they're awesome. Where I live, the roads are crumbling and the city is too broke to replace any of them. Plus the culture is redneck and monster trucks, so no bueno for me.

There are several reviews on YouTube. It's basically a VW ID4 with a different body. Nothing special. I'm frankly not clear on the demographic that they are targeting. I hope it does well because I like VW (my last three cars).

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

laugh-smile.gif

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

It's smaller than the Microbus but I'm sure they'll have that eventually. Still an interesting car and probably better than a Tesla.

It's smaller than the Microbus but I'm sure they'll have that eventually. Still an interesting car and probably better than a Tesla.
I'd much prefer the microbus, a roommate of mine in the Army had two of them, we both drove one down to Honolulu one New Years eve and both had a place to crash.

I'd much prefer the microbus, a roommate of mine in the Army had two of them, we both drove one down to Honolulu one New Years eve and both had a place to crash.
A restored Microbus would be the coolest car on the road :thup:

There are several reviews on YouTube. It's basically a VW ID4 with a different body. Nothing special. I'm frankly not clear on the demographic that they are targeting. I hope it does well because I like VW (my last three cars).
I'm a huge fan of VW, and when I heard these are made in Germany, and not Mexico, I was happy to hear that. My VW was made in Wolfsburg.

The Microbus was hugely overrated. No motor, no heater, and the engine had to be rebuilt every fifty thousand miles. And if you lived in the snow belt, it disintegrated right before your eyes.

The Microbus was hugely overrated. No motor, no heater, and the engine had to be rebuilt every fifty thousand miles. And if you lived in the snow belt, it disintegrated right before your eyes.
It's funny you say that, those engines were worked on in our barracks room by the guy who owned it, another roommate had a VW Beetle, and they were total gear heads, constantly working on them, and not because they broke down, they didn't, they just liked doing it. The engines were fairly simple to work on and so easy move around. Two people had no problem carrying them.

It's funny you say that, those engines were worked on in our barracks room by the guy who owned it, another roommate had a VW Beetle, and they were total gear heads, constantly working on them, and not because they broke down, they didn't, they just liked doing it. The engines were fairly simple to work on and so easy move around. Two people had no problem carrying them.

I remember watching a neighbor R&R an engine in a Microbus, and was amazed at how trivial an operation it was. I replaced the engine once, in my 1969 Falcon, with a great deal of help from my then-brother-in-law, and was a much more major operation.

I kind of have a sense that compared to other vehicles of that period, VWs were really not designed so much not to break, but to be very easy to fix when they did break.

/----/ It had a heater, but it was gravity fed only. Odd thing considering it was designed and built in Germany were winters are a tad bit harsh.

View attachment 775834

View attachment 775835

View attachment 775836

View attachment 775837

Strong Customer Reluctance” in the Electric Vehicle Sector​

Forum List

Back