Vs.

At this point in time what is in the bills before the house and senate is essentially meaningless. Until both versions are passed and the reconciliation committee meets and produces the compromise between the two plans there is no real way of knowing exactly what the final version will say.

What we on the right are engaged in is a preemptive strike against possible features of the bill that we believe are disasterous or just plane wrong. Sorry but I trust neither leftist politicians or any bodys government ot oversee my health care beyond myself and my doctor and at times I'm none to sure about him.

Oh and for what it's worth the whole basis of this new healthcare bill is fear mongering.

Unfortunately, the recent demonstrations are now proving that the health issue isn't really the issue at all. It's gone way beyond that and there's not much point in even discussing it anymore. The whole thing will go down as just another historic attempt to make health care available, and affordable, to everyone, not just some.

C'est la vie.

Me? I freely admit I haven't taken the time to read all of any of them. But then again, I'm not pissing and moaning about them either. Time enough to weigh in when we have some idea which one they'll actually put up for a vote.

Oh, and good to see you again!

At this point in time what is in the bills before the house and senate is essentially meaningless. Until both versions are passed and the reconciliation committee meets and produces the compromise between the two plans there is no real way of knowing exactly what the final version will say.

What we on the right are engaged in is a preemptive strike against possible features of the bill that we believe are disasterous or just plane wrong. Sorry but I trust neither leftist politicians or any bodys government ot oversee my health care beyond myself and my doctor and at times I'm none to sure about him.

Oh and for what it's worth the whole basis of this new healthcare bill is fear mongering.

It will be too late if we wait that long. If we don't let our leaders know what parts we don't like and do it now, it will be too late once Congress agrees on the final version and gets ready to put it on the President's desk. At that point, we're stuck with it. They'll ram it down our throats like they did the Economic Stimulus Bill.

In fact, they may ram it down our throats just like they did the E.S.B. anyway, but when they do and the backlash hits in 2010 they won't be able to cry that we didn't tell them we didn't like their plan.

Who was it that said, "speak now or forever hold your peace."? Oh yeah, the minister that married me. :D

Better speak up now, or it will be too late when it is on the President's Desk.

Edit: oh and Yank, I'm no fan of the methods used at the Town Hall Meetings either. The protesters should be given every right to speak and make their statements and their feeling known, then they should sit down and shut up. Rather than acting like liberals do when a conservative speaks... honestly, it is disgusting.

Immie

Last edited:
How come the person you elected didn't keep his campaign promise and just instruct Pelosi and Reid to extend their health care to each and every legal American? There is no reason for debate.. and we want exactly what they have.. He promised.

Please show me proff of this promise. YOU seem to be the only one remembering this exact promise?

no,, go find your own damn proof. that's exactly what he said.

He may have said during the campaign that it wasn't fair that congress got cadillac coverage (my words), but to advocate that everyone receive the same was never offered.

Barack Obama on the Issues

It will be too late if we wait that long. If we don't let our leaders know what parts we don't like and do it now, it will be too late once Congress agrees on the final version and gets ready to put it on the President's desk.

Fair enough. SPECIFICALLY, which portions(s) of which proposal(s) currently being dicussed in the Houose and/or Senate, do you disagree with. THIS is a debate we can all have IF specifics are given so that we are not all giving opinions on supposition.

How many people here truly understand everything contained within any and all of the possible bills presently being discussed by Congress on healthcare reform.
Vs.
How many people pissing, moaning and fear mongering about what MIGHT be in them?

NOBODY on EARTH understands (truly or otherwise) "everything contained within any and all of the possible bills presently being discussed by Congress on healthcare reform."

The first half of your formulation is therefore meaningless drivel.

And indeed some people ARE expressing some concerns about what MIGHT be in them, since even the Congresscritters who might be voting on one or more of these "bills" haven't read them and do not understand them.

We had an interesting conversation on this Board maybe a week or so ago about some misinformation about one aspect of one bit of proposed legislation.

That's what a place like THIS BOARD can be useful for: Discussions. Research. Learning.

But your meaningless opening salvo contributes nothing whatsoever.

Last edited:
Listen and then go eat some shit libtards

YouTube - Obama Promises

I should say lazy assed libtards,, hell you can't even remember all the fucking lies you've been fed.. and you voted for this asshole. :lol::lol::lol:

Yup, you got one right. He did say it. But he also favored universal coverage during the campaign. Then realized that it would be far too disruptive to start from scratch (and and more expensive at the outset) and has acknowledged back-pedaling on it. At least he doesn't try to spin when he makes mistakes.

But your meaningless opening salvo contributes nothing whatsoever.

It is fear mongering and you know it. If you preface your discussions with words like "Obamacare, Socailism, death boards, etc", what else would you call it?

YouTube - Obama Promises

I should say lazy assed libtards,, hell you can't even remember all the fucking lies you've been fed.. and you voted for this asshole. :lol::lol::lol:

Yup, you got one right. He did say it. But he also favored universal coverage during the campaign. Then realized that it would be far too disruptive to start from scratch (and and more expensive at the outset) and has acknowledged back-pedaling on it. At least he doesn't try to spin when he makes mistakes.

You just did his spinning for him.

He didn't "change his mind."

He admitted his real inclinations. He has been lying since then.

Those desires of his go unchanged.

His legislation all amounts to the camel's nose under the tent flap.

How many people here truly understand everything contained within any and all of the possible bills presently being discussed by Congress on healthcare reform.
Vs.
How many people pissing, moaning and fear mongering about what MIGHT be in them?

I'll tell ya something Yank... if you DON'T know what's in them, you BETTER be pissing and moaning.

The PROBLEM with these stinking, rotten liberals in power right now is not even THEY know what's in these bills, INCLUDING oBAMA, and they're still PASSING these bills, UNREAD! You're dumber'n a sack of puss if you DON'T get loud in opposition to that shit.

What was in the MEdicare Part D will which now will cost $1.2 trillion over the next 10 years? Did you read it?

It will be too late if we wait that long. If we don't let our leaders know what parts we don't like and do it now, it will be too late once Congress agrees on the final version and gets ready to put it on the President's desk.

Fair enough. SPECIFICALLY, which portions(s) of which proposal(s) currently being dicussed in the Houose and/or Senate, do you disagree with. THIS is a debate we can all have IF specifics are given so that we are not all giving opinions on supposition.

Off the top of my head and for right now the main issues that I have are:

a) That this will kill competition and the private health insurance industry. Not ban it. Note: the proposed bill does not ban it, but the limitation of not being able to write new policies effectively kills the industry. It is a back door way of taking over our health care and quite frankly, I do not want a government bean counter (seeing as how I am a bean counter and know they have no business counting our medical beans) determining our health care. This will mean that we no longer have a choice.

b) One size fits all health insurance - when the government gets its hands on our coverage, they will tell us what we can and cannot have covered, the size of our deductibles, what doctors we can and cannot see, how often we can see a doctor, what prescriptions are/are not covered etc. All this will limit our plans to basically a one size fits all Americans plan. No variety means no options just like Social Security. No options means no chance to modify your coverage and no cost savings available.

c) I'm not to keen on the idea of providing free health coverage to illegal aliens either, although I am not positive that will happen.

d) Why must I participate in this plan if Congress isn't going to get the same shit I do? Basically, this will start out like Social Security and we'll get screwed all over again.

e) And, abortions for all!!! Paid for by your friendly neighborhood conservative. Hooray!!! End of life planning? Don't you realize that will eventually lead to euthanasia?

Those are the starters. Those are the issues that have struck me so far. Personally, I do not trust our leaders in this matter or any matter for that matter.

Immie

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

YouTube - Obama Promises

please.

YouTube - Obama Promises

You're right too...Obama would like to see universal care, but he knows it's a pipedream. So ironically, he went with the next best thing--health insurance for everyone--which has been proposed by REPUBLICANS in the past. The problem, of course, is that in order to fine tune even that much smaller version takes a few pages to construct. After all, the last Harry Potter book was 700 pages long.

a) That this will kill competition and the private health insurance industry. Not ban it. Note: the proposed bill does not ban it, but the limitation of not being able to write new policies effectively kills the industry. It is a back door way of taking over our health care and quite frankly, I do not want a government bean counter (seeing as how I am a bean counter and know they have no business counting our medical beans) determining our health care. This will mean that we no longer have a choice.

b) One size fits all health insurance - when the government gets its hands on our coverage, they will tell us what we can and cannot have covered, the size of our deductibles, what doctors we can and cannot see, how often we can see a doctor, what prescriptions are/are not covered etc. All this will limit our plans to basically a one size fits all Americans plan. No variety means no options just like Social Security. No options means no chance to modify your coverage and no cost savings available.

c) I'm not to keen on the idea of providing free health coverage to illegal aliens either, although I am not positive that will happen.

d) Why must I participate in this plan if Congress isn't going to get the same shit I do? Basically, this will start out like Social Security and we'll get screwed all over again.

e) And, abortions for all!!! Paid for by your friendly neighborhood conservative. Hooray!!! End of life planning? Don't you realize that will eventually lead to euthanasia?

Those are the starters. Those are the issues that have struck me so far. Personally, I do not trust our leaders in this matter or any matter for that matter.

Immie

Great post.

:clap2:

You're right too...Obama would like to see universal care, but he knows it's a pipedream. So ironically, he went with the next best thing--health insurance for everyone--which has been proposed by REPUBLICANS in the past. The problem, of course, is that in order to fine tune even that much smaller version takes a few pages to construct. After all, the last Harry Potter book was 700 pages long.

Bull. He only very recently altered his rhetoric. He STARTED by talking about Universal Health Care. When he discovered that the American people are less than thrilled with his utopian vision of nirvana, however, he did not alter his goals. He ONLY altered the way he communicates it. In other words, he lies.

HE now pretends that he is seeking a change in health insurance policy. But he is still seeking universal health care.

His vision is absurd and dangerous.

Last edited:

Immie

First of all, a) and b) is basically what Medicare does. How many covered by Medicare complain about those two? And we're generally in worse health overall than you younguns, needing more frequent and better services. The one-size-fits-all works quite well for us, thank you very much. It's not like shopping for a car. We couldn't care less if the color is red or green.

Second, you are correct that throughout the draft bills it is clear that only ELIGIBLE Americans living here LEGALLY will be covered. And lastly, federal payment for abortions is already against the law, and nowhere in the draft bills would a loophole allow abortions thereby circumventing existing law.

YouTube - Obama Promises

please.

I'm simply saying Obama isn't above apologizing or admitting to mistakes. He said he "screwed up" by appointing Tom Dashle to HHS by not vetting properly and catching Dashle's tax problem (note that HE took responsibility, not blaming it on the vetting committee). Most recently he apologized to Sgt. Crowley for saying the Cambridge PD made a "stupid" mistake. Earlier, he admitted he had made a mistake by putting too much faith in Reverend Wright's intentions. And going waaaaay back, Obama even called it "boneheaded" that he had done a property deal with Tony Rezko.

Now if you think he's made "mistakes" on policy, that's a whole different ballgame and a matter of opinion. But he DOES take accountability for the small stuff when he is obviously wrong. Deny that.

First of all, a) and b) is basically what Medicare does. How many covered by Medicare complain about those two? And we're generally in worse health overall than you younguns, needing more frequent and better services. The one-size-fits-all works quite well for us, thank you very much. It's not like shopping for a car. We couldn't care less if the color is red or green.

Second, you are correct that throughout the draft bills it is clear that only ELIGIBLE Americans living here LEGALLY will be covered. And lastly, federal payment for abortions is already against the law, and nowhere in the draft bills would a loophole allow abortions thereby circumventing existing law.

One size fits all may work well for you Maggie and if it does I'm glad for you. But for me, it doesn't work at least not now when I have options. If I live long enough, that may change, but for right now, I look at the fiasco of Social Security and say, "and now they want us to hand them our health care?"

This whole plan is nothing more than an attempt to rule our lives even more than they do now. I don't trust them as it is. Why would I want to give them more control? And, no, I didn't trust them under Bush either.

No loopholes for abortion? Maybe not today... just wait.

Immie

Immie at least you've been specific about what concerns you. That's more useful than some of the wild claims I've been reading about. I would think if someone has specific concerns and those concerns can be shown to be unfounded then they should feel a little more relaxed about the proposed system.

Bull. He only very recently altered his rhetoric. He STARTED by talking about Universal Health Care. When he discovered that the American people are less than thrilled with his utopian vision of nirvana, however, he did not alter his goals. He ONLY altered the way he communicates it. In other words, he lies.

HE now pretends that he is seeking a change in health insurance policy. But he is still seeking universal health care.

His vision is absurd and dangerous.

A problem that has been plaguing Americans AND Congress AND every president for the last 60 years is an absurd and dangerous vision? Sir--that is called bullshit, not mine.

And you couldn't be more WRONG about the mood of Americans for universal health care. Obama didn't change direction because the people changed direction. He was being realistic and knew the a "universal" plan was too big an undertaking in these precarious economic times.

This link takes you back many months, and a few years, so you can see for yourself. There are rather interesting questions among some of these polls, such as "Would you be willing to have your taxes raised so that all Americans could afford good health care?" Overwhelmingly, the majority say YES.

Health Policy (2)

Also check all the questions posed by the extensive Kaiser Family Foundation in July. Scroll down in this link about 3/4 of the way to find it.

Health Policy

But hey, if all I was ever exposed to was right wing propaganda, I would believe exactly as you do.

Forum List

Back