Vs.

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
How many people here truly understand everything contained within any and all of the possible bills presently being discussed by Congress on healthcare reform.
Vs.
How many people pissing, moaning and fear mongering about what MIGHT be in them?

Me? I freely admit I haven't taken the time to read all of any of them. But then again, I'm not pissing and moaning about them either. Time enough to weigh in when we have some idea which one they'll actually put up for a vote.

Oh, and good to see you again!

But then again, I'm not pissing and moaning about them either. Time enough to weigh in when we have some idea which one they'll actually put up for a vote.

Thank you! Thank you! Why does this idea seem so difficult to grasp for the Republicans and neo-cons? Did anyone happen to watch "Huckabee" last night? Every single one of his "answers" on healthcare reform was laced with fear mongering. If nothing else, these bozos are good at trying to scare people.

At this point in time what is in the bills before the house and senate is essentially meaningless. Until both versions are passed and the reconciliation committee meets and produces the compromise between the two plans there is no real way of knowing exactly what the final version will say.

What we on the right are engaged in is a preemptive strike against possible features of the bill that we believe are disasterous or just plane wrong. Sorry but I trust neither leftist politicians or any bodys government ot oversee my health care beyond myself and my doctor and at times I'm none to sure about him.

Oh and for what it's worth the whole basis of this new healthcare bill is fear mongering.

Last edited:
But then again, I'm not pissing and moaning about them either. Time enough to weigh in when we have some idea which one they'll actually put up for a vote.

Thank you! Thank you! Why does this idea seem so difficult to grasp for the Republicans and neo-cons? Did anyone happen to watch "Huckabee" last night? Every single one of his "answers" on healthcare reform was laced with fear mongering. If nothing else, these bozos are good at trying to scare people.

No, you piss and moan when people oppose what you are blindly supporting. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

What is so hard for YOU to understand about us wanting to talk about the various things being discussed now, so as to have some effect on what goes into the final bill that the House votes on? Or maybe even an effect on whether it gets that far at all? Where do you get off telling us we have to just sit back and keep our mouths shut like good little sheep and let our betters decide what makes it to the floor, and THEN speak up when it's too late to have any practical effect?

It is just as much appropriate and relevant to talk about the debates in committee as it is debates on the floor. Bottom line is that I'm a taxpaying US citizen, and I'll talk about what my government is doing and proposing to do at any damned time in the process I bloody well want to.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I'll tell you what. I just hope that whatever bill they come up with it DOES NOT allow ILLEGAL ALIENS free healthcare on my dime and those who OPTED OUT of healthcare from their employer are FORCED to purchase coverage for themselves and their entire family.

Both of these groups account for 29 million uninsured people in the 47.5 million uninsured talking point discussed in the MSM.

It is just as much appropriate and relevant to talk about the debates in committee as it is debates on the floor. Bottom line is that I'm a taxpaying US citizen, and I'll talk about what my government is doing and proposing to do at any damned time in the process I bloody well want to.
Talk and debate is good, healthy and necessary in our Democracy. What we have been seeing at these town halls is not healthy, as it is not debate, nor even talk. The opponents simply want to shout down the people TRYING to hold the town hall. Honestly, what gets accomplished when all you are doing is shouting down the presenter of the information?

What is in the bill will be under control of Obamas regulatory Czar, whose is clinically insane.

“Every reasonable person believes in animal rights,” he says. He also says that human “willingness to subject animals to unjustified suffering will be seen … as a form of unconscionable barbarity… morally akin to slavery and the mass extermination of human beings,” and that we might “conclude that certain practices cannot be defended and should not be allowed to continue, if, in practice, mere regulation will inevitably be insufficient—and if, in practice, mere regulation will ensure that the level of animal suffering will remain very high.” Specifically he thinks that, “we ought to ban hunting.” He also thinks that “we could even grant animals a right to bring suit” and that it is possible that “that before long, Congress will grant standing to animals to protect their own rights and interests.” This all stems from his claim that “animals, species as such, and perhaps even natural objects warrant respect for their own sake, and quite apart from their interactions with human beings.”

In what sense is the money in our pockets and bank accounts fully ‘ours’? Did we earn it by our own autonomous efforts? Could we have inherited it without the assistance of probate courts? Do we save it without the support of bank regulators? Could we spend it if there were no public officials to coordinate the efforts and pool the resources of the community in which we live?… Without taxes there would be no liberty. Without taxes there would be no property. Without taxes, few of us would have any assets worth defending. [It is] a dim fiction that some people enjoy and exercise their rights without placing any burden whatsoever on the public fisc. … There is no liberty without dependency.

Cass Sunstein

How many people here truly understand everything contained within any and all of the possible bills presently being discussed by Congress on healthcare reform.
Vs.
How many people pissing, moaning and fear mongering about what MIGHT be in them?

How come the person you elected didn't keep his campaign promise and just instruct Pelosi and Reid to extend their health care to each and every legal American? There is no reason for debate.. and we want exactly what they have.. He promised.

Talk and debate is good, healthy and necessary in our Democracy. What we have been seeing at these town halls is not healthy, as it is not debate, nor even talk. The opponents simply want to shout down the people TRYING to hold the town hall. Honestly, what gets accomplished when all you are doing is shouting down the presenter of the information?

There would be no reason for debate if asshole had kept his campaign promise exactly as he promised it..

Obama is doing EXACTLY what he said he was going to do - like it or not.

I don't agree with him 100%, but during the campaign they tried very hard to get him to say that he would delay action on healthcare if the economy was still bad. He steadfastly refused. He said healthcare reform is too important to wait.

You may not like it - but he is doing EXACTLY what he said he would. Any suggestion to the contrary simply shows that someone just wasn't paying attention.

I doubt ten people on earth understand the content of the bill well enough to vote on it, comment on it or otherwise write about it.

It';s 100 pages long and one must understand the current HC system well enough to even understand what it really means.

We're ALL pretty much depending on experts to tell us if it's good or bad, aren't we?

How come the person you elected didn't keep his campaign promise and just instruct Pelosi and Reid to extend their health care to each and every legal American? There is no reason for debate.. and we want exactly what they have.. He promised.

Please show me proof of this promise. YOU seem to be the only one remembering this exact promise?

Last edited:
Obama is doing EXACTLY what he said he was going to do - like it or not.He is? then why is congress writing legislation of 1000 pages??? why didn't he just extend what is already written for congress?? Answer the damn quesiton.

I don't agree with him 100%, but during the campaign they tried very hard to get him to say that he would delay action on healthcare if the economy was still bad. He steadfastly refused. He said healthcare reform is too important to wait.

You may not like it - but he is doing EXACTLY what he said he would. Any suggestion to the contrary simply shows that someone just wasn't paying attention.

I'm waiting.

Please show me proff of this promise. YOU seem to be the only one remembering this exact promise?

no,, go find your own damn proof. that's exactly what he said.

no,, go find your own damn proof. that's exactly what he said.

You still don't understand the whole idea of those slinging accusations need to back them up with facts, do you?

Forum List

Back