Voter Registration In The Usa: September 2014

Gotta wonder if that drop in total VR's was a reflection of the "purging" of voter roles in some states. Going to be a lot of angry people who turn up to vote only to discover that they are no longer registered.
It even happens in small towns...

Gotta wonder if that drop in total VR's was a reflection of the "purging" of voter roles in some states. Going to be a lot of angry people who turn up to vote only to discover that they are no longer registered.

That totally varies from state to state. The state that provides the most in-depth information about all changes in VR is Pennsylvania. That state records every change from D to R, R to D, D to I, R to I, I to D... etc, per county, sometimes, per precinct, on a weekly basis. That also includes newcomers added to the rolls and people who have been removed from the rolls.

Statistikhengst s ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2013 and beyond Voter Registration in the USA September 2014

And, the complete EXCEL document, where all the raw-data can be found. This document only makes real sense if you read the complete analysis.

The report is similar in scope (but slightly more in depth) than the one from December, 2013..

Does OpenOffice's spreadsheet program open this file?

@Picaro

sorry for the late response, just noticed your question. YES, OpenOffice will do the trick. In fact, I created the documents with OpenOffice (LibreOffice).

@Picaro

sorry for the late response, just noticed your question. YES, OpenOffice will do the trick. In fact, I created the documents with OpenOffice (LibreOffice).

No problem; I've problems with some versions in the past, and just ask first these days; some of them don't play well with my settings.

As an aside, I don't think people need the '@usename' thing in their post any more under the new software 'alerts' scheme to call attention to a post, do they?

@Picaro

No problem; I've problems with some versions in the past, and just ask first these days; some of them don't play well with my settings.

As an aside, I don't think people need the '@usename' thing in their post any more under the new software 'alerts' scheme to call attention to a post, do they?

I still use a call list now and then. A lot of people like those mentions. I would say it's a matter of taste.

Forum List

Back