Voter ID: How about this?

I say illegals voting isn't an issue

RW's say ID Cards will stop illegals from voting

I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt illegals voting isn't an issue, and illegals can get a DL AND an ID

SO RW's then say voter registration will stop illegals from voting ... which I've been saying all along, and ID cards won't solve jack shit.

and I'm a funny POS ?

don't look now you dumb SOB's but every one of you are TOTALLY Fucked in the head.

End of convo with RW mental midgets.

Trouble is you make the assumption that using those DL & ID cards you can enroll to vote.......................

Not only do you need to register, but the second part would be where voter ID laws come in to play(happens to be what this thread is about), where you will need to show those ID's (which the RW's have been advocating in this thread), but you seem to have a problem with ................

Now once again it all evolves around showing a state issued DL or ID card that does not have "Federal Restrictions Applies" across the front in big letters ...............

See how all that connects to voter ID laws??
Wait you do understand the "ID" stands for "Identification" correct??
Are you talking about a proposal for States to ask for ID and require ID, when registering to vote above....?

Are you talking about a proposal for States to ask for ID and require ID, when registering to vote above....?

Are you asking me??

Seems like you did not read the entire thread or at least the part where I state what stringent requirements Texas has for obtaining either Drivers License or State issued ID cards ...........

So now not only do you need valid ID to register, the discussion is about voter ID laws or requiring an individual to show state approved ID before voting ......................

Now it does not get much simpler than that .....................

I don;t know what back woods state you live in but for the last 20+ yrs I have had to show a simple drivers license at the poll, which is reconciled with my name on a list of approved voters for our precinct .......

I say illegals voting isn't an issue

RW's say ID Cards will stop illegals from voting

I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt illegals voting isn't an issue, and illegals can get a DL AND an ID

SO RW's then say voter registration will stop illegals from voting ... which I've been saying all along, and ID cards won't solve jack shit.

and I'm a funny POS ?

don't look now you dumb SOB's but every one of you are TOTALLY Fucked in the head.

End of convo with RW mental midgets.

Once again, the REAL ID Act would solve this. State Id would be given a magnetic strip, run across a reader and BOOM you're immediately found on the appropriate database which pops up "yes this person can vote"

Another advantage is instantaneous back ground checks on gun buyers. The system is hooked into the NCIC database as well.

You could even demand that private gun sellers buy a little device that plugs into their phones so they can do back ground checks when they sell guns.

That's a different issue and has no bearing on the discussion at hand.

Requiring an ID at the poll allows the state to verify that the person at the poll is who he claims to be.

So, what argument do you have against the suggestions in the OP?

How do you verify the identity of a mail in vote?

Can we have one strict ID system and one that only requires a signature?

Solution: eliminate mail-in ballots except for military members. Ballots for members of the armed forces should be required to be delivered to, completed, sealed, and mailed in the presence of no less than two officers or attorneys, who would be required to swear to same under penalties of perjury. Anyone else needs to vote absentee, go to City Hall, show ID, fill out a ballot, the clerk seals it, it goes into a safe until Election Day.
that's not a solution, that's disenfranchisement.

See, you're still lying!
nahhh, you are just being idiotic... I and MANY OTHER CITIZENS traveled for a living and was out of town many times during elections....

limiting absentee ballots to ONLY THE MILITARY, is disenfranchisement of many citizens that travel and even live overseas....and even military wives...

so your suggestion jarlaxle is just plain silly.

I will give you one hundred trillion dollars if you can point to where I wanted to limit absentee voting to military members. Aaaand, GO TO IT!

Every one of you that wants a mandatory Gvt issued photo id in order to vote, believe in having a National ID card and would accept this without the blink of an eye....

I AM NOT ONE OF THEM....never have been, never will be.... THAT'S where I stand.

No matter how many times you screech that, it is STILL A FUCKING LIE!

Maybe you are too young and also have had no interest in History....I'll write it off as that.....

Translation: "I concede."

So many people are so concerned with whipping these citizens in line to what YOU think they should have.....a gvt issued photo ID....

What's next? What American citizens are you going to try to whip next in order for them to "come in Line" to your way of thinking? A gvt issued photo ID for all of those wanting to use a Public toilet? And then ALL children should have a gvt issued photo ID....cuz then we will know who they are if they are lost?

Would you like to borrow a baseball bat to use on that straw man?

Make Voter Fraud a capital offense, subject to summary execution and it will thin the voter fraud herd fairly quickly.

You have to be a freaking neanderthal to claim that you don't have a picture I.D. card. You need one to get into most federal buildings, cash a check, rent an apartment, collect food stamps and do just about everything that is needed to be done in the modern world. The radical left promotes the insulting racist concept that ordinary Black citizens are unable to function in the modern world and need to be cared for by the democrat party. Voting precincts bend over backwards to furnish legitimate voters with everything they need to vote. Visit one.

Again, it's not about voter ID it's about the other provisions that these voter ID bills included like eliminating early voting, cutting back on hours, cutting back on polling stations particularly in democratic areas where a lot of people can't get out to those locations to vote because they don't have a car. If it was just a voter ID, it wouldn't be an issue but it's the other ancillary regulations they pass that put it on do burden on the poor and elderly in this country.

You have to be a freaking neanderthal to claim that you don't have a picture I.D. card. You need one to get into most federal buildings, cash a check, rent an apartment, collect food stamps and do just about everything that is needed to be done in the modern world. The radical left promotes the insulting racist concept that ordinary Black citizens are unable to function in the modern world and need to be cared for by the democrat party. Voting precincts bend over backwards to furnish legitimate voters with everything they need to vote. Visit one.

Again, it's not about voter ID it's about the other provisions that these voter ID bills included like eliminating early voting, cutting back on hours, cutting back on polling stations particularly in democratic areas where a lot of people can't get out to those locations to vote because they don't have a car. If it was just a voter ID, it wouldn't be an issue but it's the other ancillary regulations they pass that put it on do burden on the poor and elderly in this country.

I keep hearing this argument about Sunday voting and in the same breath claiming unfairness ..................

So with that thought in mind let's ask some reasonable and prudent questions .......................

This Sunday voting you speak of, first of all who needs or wants to vote on Sunday??
Who is being inconvenienced by lack of Sunday voting or even short poll hours??

All parties are expected to make it to the polls in a timely manner, those who know ahead of time have the option of "absentee ballots".
Who is expected to staff the facility?? I mean most reasonable and prudent people today work Monday- Friday with Saturdays and Sundays off ...........
Who has the budget for all these extra staff and payroll??

Are these anti Sunday voting stipulations really a necessity or just another talking point for you little whiners to go on and on about??
So you work, we can expect you to act as outside security on Sunday while these places are open, correct?? I mean you folks seem to be overly concerned about a staffing problem you or any one else has little to do with currently ....................
You see to have all these fantasies you folks keep whining about, you would also need to work and pay in taxes .......................

Again, it's not about voter ID....
No. Its about voter ID. Read the OP.

Well, I'll tackle the part about Voter ID being racist:

10641054_845526335487434_9006085087181106306_n.jpg

What exactly is "racist" about the Congressional Black Caucus?

Where do I start?

The fact it is a group exclusive to only black people could be construed as racist. Where are the white people? There are people who support black people, right? Their very exclusivity makes them racist, as it would with any other similar "caucus" on Capitol Hill.

You can admit Congress uses voter IDs now Doc.

Only if you twist and distort the meaning of "Voter ID".

It is an ID assigned to each Congressperson and used for recorded voting. Nothing distorted or twisted about it. You are flat out ignoring truth.

If each and every voter was issued a magnetic security card for voting that they received the day they registered, then it would be a comparable situation.

Forum List

Back