Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by P@triot, Jul 30, 2012.

1. P@triot

P@triot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,672
    And democrats still want to pretend that there is no voter fraud going on?!? A word to the wise here: if you're going to cheat, you may not want to do it so blatantly that it becomes glaringly obvious to everyone...

ROMNEY GOT ZERO VOTES IN 59 PRECINCTS IN PHILLY, AND 9 PRECINCTS IN OHIO

Romney Won Zero Votes In 9 Cleveland Precints, 59 Philadelphia Precincts | TheBlaze.com

2. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    There is no Evidence Requiring a Photo ID, that can be provided at low or no cost to those who need it, Would disenfranchise huge numbers of Legitimate Voters.

Other than your sides spin.

In fact the only people that Logically would be Disenfranchised by such a Requirement would be those who cant afford one, (which we can fix by making it free) or those who can't legally get one in this country (people who are not Legitimate voters.

You guys might win the PR battle with your Spin on this issue, but it does not change the facts.

But then why would I expect reason from people who's party requires Photo ID to get into their Convention, But claims wanting to require ID to Vote is a racist attempt to suppress Minority Votes.

No reasoning with you people on this issue, it's all emotion and talking points. The only reason your party even opposes this sensible requirement is because they know they can spin in into the Narrative they have and use it to lock up the Minority vote. Honesty or the Integrity of our Democracy are less important to them than winning.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    None of those are sentences.

4. oldernwiser

oldernwiser VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    And besides the Beck rhetoric, where is the proof that the amount of voter fraud committed on the ballot end is sophisticated enough that 200+ years of elections hasn't found a fairly decent method to detect without requiring a photo ID? I don't think even a drug kingpin has the financial wherewithal to even come close to swaying an election - especially a national election.

I do think that elections are beginning to be stolen however. But the theft comes in the form of media disinformation, the corruption of district elections workers, and direct voter intimidation by groups like True The Vote and others. These have a far greater impact and aren't stoppable by requiring voter ID.

If you truly want an honest election, then work to end those atrocities - they're far more common than zombie and multi-voters.

5. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    I personally don't think that requiring ID to vote is a big deal. I have to carry an ID in order to drive, cash checks, etc. I think most people have them. Now would be a good time to enact such a law. I think the problem many were having with this kind of requirement is that it was brought up so close to an election, that it would be difficult for everyone to comply in time.

I live in Oregon, and we have gone to vote by mail. Before that, we had voter cards which we had to present at the precinct before being given a ballot. Requiring proper ID in order to vote is a reasonable requirement, IMHO.

6. oldfart

oldfart Older than dirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I'm originally from Illinois and I'm familiar with the traditional means of election fraud both in Chicago and downstate. Voter ID would stop virtually none of it. What is needed is independent monitoring in every polling place. Here is how it works:

1. A person does not need to be dead for someone else to vote in their place. An unsigned line on the registration book is enough. Just sign and cast a ballot. This requires a certain amount of collusion among poll workers, but that isn't a problem in many precincts. If detected, it is still generally not possible to identify the additional bogus ballots.

2. Someone does not vote the entire ballot. An election official simply votes the downticket races. This again requires a small amount of collusion, but is otherwise undetectible.

3. As Mr. Dooley (Peter Finley Dunne) famously said "A vote on the tally sheet is worth two in the ballot box".

7. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,942
    And the fact is that 99.9% of those who 'wouldn't be able to afford a voter ID' already have one because they have to have it to get their other government benefits. I and a whole bunch of others would almost certainly be happy to chip in a few bucks to pay for a voter ID for the very few folks who would want one and can't afford it.

Having dealt with transient relief for a substantial part of my life, it is my experience that most do not want to show any kind of ID for anything because that makes it too easy to spot those who are milking the system for all they can get. Again and again and again they showed up at my desk asking for money to get to their destination where there was a job waiting for them. Every single one had been mugged or robbed and that is why they had no personal ID of any kind. And they couldn't provide a name or phone number of anybody in a place they had come from so we could verify their ID nor could they provide the name and number of the person who was holding that job for them. And more than a few became quite angry when we offered them actual food and gasoline and a place to overnight rather than money.

It's pretty hard not to become jaded after you've dealt with a few hundred of such cases. And that includes suspicion of those who claim disenfranchisement if they are required to have positive ID to vote.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  8. gwennie

gwennie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Look up ACORN and you will uncover quite a bit of voter fraud, both from the people who were "registering" potential voters as well as by those who voted multiple times.

9. gwennie

gwennie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Much of the Left do not want to be bothered with those silly details....they're inconvenient, messy, and completely contradict their story of "rare" voter fraud. It's not something they care about, unless of course, they perceive someone of color or a particular sex is prevented from voting. Then it becomes the whole "disenfranchisement" nonsense. I do find it rather bizarre that Romney didn't get ANY votes in those areas, but what I find just as bizarre are those polling stations in OH, FL, PA where some of their precincts had 115% or 130% or 108% (pick a number) voters come to vote.......can't you have only 100% of voter turnout in a precinct????

10. gwennie

gwennie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Disagree.....those atrocities are just as common as the zombie and multi-voter fraud. If someone has a problem with True The Vote being in/near polling stations, then certainly the same would apply to those associated with the New Black Panther Party being present at polling stations complete with baseball bats, no less. Not to mention polling stations having obama's picture put up on the wall, election workers wearing obama hats, election workers who were going through the lines that voters were waiting in and tried to convince them to vote obama, intimidation tactics made by union officials, etc.....so, let's not focus solely on conservatives. The left is far more adept at using these tactics....and they are allowed to get away with it, especially since obama runs the DOJ. One glaring example.....Holder and obama refused to prosecute an obvious case of voter intimidation by the Black Panther Party in 2008 and they have shown no signs of changing that intention. As for finging an uninterested third party to monitor the elections at the polls, good luck with that one. While I agree that neither party should be able to intimidate, harass, "encourage", or guilt someone into voting for the party official's perferred candidate, it is probably nearly impossible to find election workers who are not influenced by the WH administration......who clearly have a vested interest in making the election come out in their favor.