Vivek Ramaswamy says he is not interested in VP nomination.

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
He is currently polling at about the same as Desantuis, which may or may not indicate something, I don't know. It did get me thinking about what is expected of the VP. The only real obligation there is is to preside over the Senate and can vote in a tie. Since corporate money presides over the Senate and there is seldom a tie due to back door dealing, that is moot. Usually the VP has been either a path to future shenanigans ( LBJ, Gerald Ford, George Bush, etc,) or an action figure for the press to divert to ( Dan Quail, Pence, etc.). Except when Dick Cheney was running the show and Bush was his mouthpiece the position has been pretty much in remission, as today with the VP doing absolutely nothing, her legacy will likely be the first black woman blah blah like that is an accomplishment of some kind. Participation trophies ate generously their reward. Does it even matter in these times? Maybe, with impeachment as a political tool now, or an incumbent wh can't control his or her actions, it may be a big consideration, instead of an add on to an already undesirable package.

He is currently polling at about the same as Desantuis, which may or may not indicate something, I don't know. It did get me thinking about what is expected of the VP. The only real obligation there is is to preside over the Senate and can vote in a tie. Since corporate money presides over the Senate and there is seldom a tie due to back door dealing, that is moot. Usually the VP has been either a path to future shenanigans ( LBJ, Gerald Ford, George Bush, etc,) or an action figure for the press to divert to ( Dan Quail, Pence, etc.). Except when Dick Cheney was running the show and Bush was his mouthpiece the position has been pretty much in remission, as today with the VP doing absolutely nothing, her legacy will likely be the first black woman blah blah like that is an accomplishment of some kind. Participation trophies ate generously their reward. Does it even matter in these times? Maybe, with impeachment as a political tool now, or an incumbent wh can't control his or her actions, it may be a big consideration, instead of an add on to an already undesirable package.
Riiiggght. I'm sure he would turn VP down.....

That's what all the future V.Ps say when they are running lol.

Well of course he says that NOW…

Well, we do have an almost daily source of entertainment with Heels-Up Harris. She's a fantastic source for new memes and comic show antics. I used to read the funny papers, but now I just watch clips of her cackling and/or speaking on a Kindergarten level. Fun, fun, fun.

Who here likes Kristi Noem for VP?
At one time, I thought she held some promise but found out later that she's a bit "woke" on some issues.

Specifically: She had a chance to ban men from competing in women's sports but vetoed the bill. That was a shocker.

"While Noem has gone to great lengths to market herself as an uncompromising champion of conservative values, Republican lawmakers, activists, and others working in the state tell National Review that they have grown increasingly concerned about the governor’s close relationship to business interests with a long record of advocacy for far-left social policy. These concerns go beyond the controversy over HB 1217."

At one time, I thought she held some promise but found out later that she's a bit "woke" on some issues.

Specifically: She had a chance to ban men from competing in women's sports but vetoed the bill. That was a shocker.

"While Noem has gone to great lengths to market herself as an uncompromising champion of conservative values, Republican lawmakers, activists, and others working in the state tell National Review that they have grown increasingly concerned about the governor’s close relationship to business interests with a long record of advocacy for far-left social policy. These concerns go beyond the controversy over HB 1217."

That’s surprising….and disappointing. Let’s scratch her off the list.

Prominent pro-life activist Abby Johnson declared earlier this month on Flashpoint, a conservative television program, that “Our God will not be mocked” by having Christians support what she described as a candidate who believes in “many gods.” And even though Ramaswamy is charismatic and says “the right things,” she said, he is not “the right guy” for the White House because he’s Hindu.

Meanwhile, Hank Kunneman, pastor of the nondenominational Lord of Hosts Church in Omaha, Nebraska, attacked Ramaswamy in a recent sermon by saying that, as president, he would be “some dude put his hand on something other than the Bible” who would “put all of his strange gods up in the White House.”

Last edited:
Prominent pro-life activist Abby Johnson declared earlier this month on Flashpoint, a conservative television program, that “Our God will not be mocked” by having Christians support what she described as a candidate who believes in “many gods.” And even though Ramaswamy is charismatic and says “the right things,” she said, he is not “the right guy” for the White House because he’s Hindu.

Meanwhile, Hank Kunneman, pastor of the nondenominational Lord of Hosts Church in Omaha, Nebraska, attacked Ramaswamy in a recent sermon by saying that, as president, he would be “some dude put his hand on something other than the Bible” who would “put all of his strange gods up in the White House.”

Eh. So you came up with a couple of bigots. No shortage of anti-religion folks on YOUR side.

I tend to agree with the above but he'd still be better than Biden who has brought Satan into the White House.

Forum List

Back