Virginia teacher FIRED for calling mentally ill student a female

Wow, the school authority people act like such a thing is the worst thing that could ever take place in the school.

God bless you and the teacher always!!!

Holly

Well then what the hell are they, mentally ill?
Yes.

It's called Gender Dysphoria.

Gender Dysphoria | Psychology Today

Instead of pretending that these poor kids are perfectly healthy, they should be treating them. People with this condition have a high suicide rate.

Are you saying gender dysphoria is a psychologically induced condition?? And what do you think the teacher should of done??

Let us imagine that you are a school teacher and one of your students comes to you and says to you "Mrs Penelope, I believe I was meant to be born with one arm instead of two, and I'm going to have one of my arms removed as quickly as I can" wouldn't you refer that child for mental health care? I would hope you would.
Teachers dont have the authority to refer kids to mental health care. Its not part of their job.
Of course they do with severe penalties if they don't. Teachers are mandatory referrers. A student saying that he or she intends to harm the school, others or themselves will quickly be referred for mental health care. A student that indicates playing the choking game gets a referral. Many instances.
No dummy. Teachers are mandatory reporters not referrers. If you dont know what youre talking about dont try to pretend you do to someone that knows youre ignorant of the facts. You cant refer someone for mental health treatment unless you are a trained mental health worker.. :rolleyes:

You are right they shouldn't. 1 in 1500-2000 are born intersex.

Trans are not intersex, it's a specific order that makes up about .05% of the population

All intersex people are transgender but not all transgender are intersex. What we don't know is what we don't see, the hormones. Intersex - Wikipedia

Most trans are not intersex...

Well then what the hell are they, mentally ill?

BINGO!!!!!! Now you're catching on

No I'm not. It biological, unless you have a mother who had a baby that was a boy and wanted a girl and raised it as a girl from birth and vice versa , then that child might end up with gender identity issues and psychological issues.

What causes gender dysphoria?

Gender development is complex and there are many possible variations that cause a mismatch between a person’s biological sex and their gender identity, making the exact cause of gender dysphoria unclear.

Occasionally, the hormones that trigger the development of biological sex may not work properly on the brain, reproductive organs and genitals, causing differences between them. This may be caused by:

· additional hormones in the mother’s system – possibly as a result of taking medication

· the foetus’ insensitivity to the hormones, known as androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS) – when this happens, gender dysphoria may be caused by hormones not working properly in the womb

Gender dysphoria may also be the result of other rare conditions, such as:

· congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) – where a high level of male hormones are produced in a female foetus. This causes the genitals to become more male in appearance and, in some cases, the baby may be thought to be biologically male when she is born.

· intersex conditions – which cause babies to be born with the genitalia of both sexes (or ambiguous genitalia). Parents are recommended to wait until the child can choose their own gender identity before any surgery is carried out.

Gender dysphoria

and lets compare twins:
Twin Concordance and Familiarity

It is clear from the findings that there is a greater likelihood of concordance for transsexuality among males than among females and a greater chance of concordance among monozygotic twins than dizygotic twins. These findings are consistent with those reported previously (M. Diamond, 2011b; M. Diamond & Hawk, 2004) and comparable to those found in familial studies and reports of cooccurrence of gender identity disorder within families as reported by others. In a report that appeared while this paper was in press, Heylens et al. (2012) reported that of 23 MZ female and male twins they reviewed, nine were concordant for gender identity disorder (GID; 39%), while none of their 21 DZ twins were concordant. The investigators concluded, “These findings suggest a role for genetic factors in the development of GID.” Their results and those reported here are quite similar. The results of these studies combined, at least for this issue, appear to show that Internet survey data, when coupled with clinically reported material, can provide representative data. Both studies reinforce the significant role of genetics in transsexuality.

Snip

Transsexuals have also been found to have auditory (Govier, Diamond, Wolowiec, & Slade, 2010) and olfactory (Berglund, Lindström, Dhejne-Helmy, & Savic, 2008) abilities that correlate with their desired gender more than their birth sex. These findings offer additional evidence to indicate that transsexualism has a biologic, nervous-system component strong enough to say that gender identity may be less a matter of choice and more a matter of biology.

Pacific Center for Sex and Society - Transsexuality Among Twins: Identity Concordance, Transition, Rearing, and Orientation

If you need more info just ask.
Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity - Science in the News
So, where do we stand on transgender issues? Science tells us that gender is certainly not binary; it may not even be a linear spectrum. Like many other facets of identity, it can operate on a broad range of levels and operate outside of many definitions. And it also appears that gender may not be as static as we assume. At the forefront of this, transgender identity is complex – it’s unlikely we’ll ever be able to attribute it to one neat, contained set of causes, and there is still much to be learned. But we know now that several of those causes are biological. These individuals are not suffering a mental illness, or capriciously “choosing” a different identity. The transgender identity is multi-dimensional – but it deserves no less recognition or respect than any other facet of humankind.

Last edited:
Teacher fired for referring to transgender student as female

Sigh...this country is going straight to hell. By the time my kids have kids they won't be able to send them to public school to get an actual education it will be 100% leftist propaganda....Sad times we live in.

That teacher is going to own the school. I wish I had a teaching credential just so I could do exactly the same thing he did. In prosecuting my civil case I would subpoena sex “change” surgeons to examine on whether or not their therapies & surgery actually changes gender. Then I’d summon child psychologists & ask them if a child insisted she be referred to as a pig or a dog, maybe even her “preference” was for grunting or barking, women or indulging those equal delusions be good for the child or her peers looking on?

It’s coming. Might as well be this guy filing suit. Time, as they say in poker, to call the cards & see what professionals actually lay on the table under oath.

Looks like this teacher REPEATEDLY went against his own district's policies. Perhaps he would be happier teaching at a religious private school....him teaching at a public school that has to be inclusive for all is just not a good fit.
Are you aware that in the military if a superior gives an illegal or insane order, his underlings are required to disobey? It’s the same with this teacher. He knows that to indulge a child in delusions that can lead to harm (amputating vital organs), he would be guilty of aiding child abuse. So he ignores his insane superiors. And wisely so.

My hat is off to him. May many others follow his lead.

Sigh...this country is going straight to hell. By the time my kids have kids they won't be able to send them to public school to get an actual education it will be 100% leftist propaganda....Sad times we live in.

That teacher is going to own the school. I wish I had a teaching credential just so I could do exactly the same thing he did. In prosecuting my civil case I would subpoena sex “change” surgeons to examine on whether or not their therapies & surgery actually changes gender. Then I’d summon child psychologists & ask them if a child insisted she be referred to as a pig or a dog, maybe even her “preference” was for grunting or barking, women or indulging those equal delusions be good for the child or her peers looking on?

It’s coming. Might as well be this guy filing suit. Time, as they say in poker, to call the cards & see what professionals actually lay on the table under oath.
Unfortunately, there would be a high probability you would lose such a case.

Last edited:

Fortunately you'd lose.

Exactly how? And I mean exactly how?

If experts are forced under questioning to admit what they have patients sign a waiver to before surgery: that it in no way ACTUALLY changes gender from male to female or female to male, then calling a girl "she" cannot be a means to fire a teacher. He would be entitled to wages, and awards for humiliation for losing his job while protecting the child from others who are harming her by indulging her delusions that she's believes she's a "boy".

Such indulging can be, in court, demonstrated to a jury as leading said child into later hiring "doctors" to perform dangerous and permanently disfiguring amputations in their escalating parade of delusion that adults chipped in on early in life. This teacher was actually practicing child abuse prevention. Being penalized for that is a cause of action.

If experts are forced under questioning to admit what they have patients sign a waiver to before surgery: that it in no way ACTUALLY changes gender from male to female or female to male, then calling a girl "she" cannot be a means to fire a teacher. He would be entitled to wages, and awards for humiliation for losing his job while protecting the child from others who are harming her by indulging her delusions that she's believes she's a "boy".

Such indulging can be, in court, demonstrated to a jury as leading said child into later hiring "doctors" to perform dangerous and permanently disfiguring amputations in their escalating parade of delusion that adults chipped in on early in life. This teacher was actually practicing child abuse prevention. Being penalized for that is a cause of action.
Simple! Our court systems are under the same influences as our schools. Get the wrong judge or have your case tried in the wrong location and you lose. In CA you lose. In VA its a toss-up.

Edit: Your assertion that you would win such a case assumes that we live in world in which common sense prevails. We don't, hence we have the push to accommodate those that think they can simply be the opposite sex because they say so!

Last edited:

Simple! Our court systems are under the same influences as our schools. Get the wrong judge or have your case tried in the wrong location and you lose. In CA you lose. In VA its a toss-up.

Edit: Your assertion that you would win such a case assumes that we live in world in which common sense prevails. We don't, hence we have the push to accommodate those that think they can simply be the opposite sex because they say so!

I'm talking about a jury trial. With a jury trial, you'll have a different result. Jurors will hear the evidence on child abuse and render a verdict.

I'm talking about a jury trial. With a jury trial, you'll have a different result. Jurors will hear the evidence on child abuse and render a verdict.
If people were as rational as you think the jury would be, this situation would not have occurred with the school system in the first place. There is no guarantee that a trial would pan out the way you described. There are enough moonbats out there that you could lose.

Actually, you would lose. You could line up all the experts in the entire world and take a full year of testimony that there is no way a biological male could be changed into a female and vice versa and you would still lose. Why? Because the school policy is to promote the lie. The truth is not the issue. What the policy states is the issue. Even a jury could not find differently.

I'm a public school teacher, Christian conservative. My own personal opinion on this is that this would not be the hill to die on--however, this does not violate my own personal conscience. If the boy wants to be called "Jenny" and be called "she", that's fine by me. It's a matter of personal respect and, IMHO, does not mean that I necessarily agree.

However.

I can see this happening:

If that student knew I was Christian, approached me and asked: Do you believe I'm a woman? I would say no. And I believe I would have that right, and I would fight that right to the courts. Because that DOES go to the heart of my beliefs, and his/hers. She has a right to live the way he/she wants, and as long as I'm treating her respectfully, I have a right to my private beliefs about her lifestyle. So you best believe that WOULD be a hill I'd die on.

Vlaming was fired for insubordination. There is a rule. He broke it. Whatever religion he has chosen to follow, which apparently is one that has some strong beliefs about issues involving gender and sex, the schools are intended to be run for the benefit of the public, not any cult. If he can't teach, so be it. Or he can get a job in one of the private schools run by his denomination.

Imagine what the student must have felt like.

Vlaming was fired for insubordination. There is a rule. He broke it. Whatever religion he has chosen to follow, which apparently is one that has some strong beliefs about issues involving gender and sex, the schools are intended to be run for the benefit of the public, not any cult. If he can't teach, so be it. Or he can get a job in one of the private schools run by his denomination.

Imagine what the student must have felt like.

Last things first. Schools should not ultimately be run on feelings, but what is right--educationally sound, fair and just.

I have already stated that I would not have a problem calling a student by his preferred pronoun of he/she and preferred name. I probably would have more of a probably calling an individual "they" and would object to it not on religious grounds, but because it is grammatically incorrect--it is educationally unsound. No one individual is a "they", and I would have a problem with that. So in that case I would work to just use the name, like the teacher did, and not "they".

If people were as rational as you think the jury would be, this situation would not have occurred with the school system in the first place. There is no guarantee that a trial would pan out the way you described. There are enough moonbats out there that you could lose.

Well the difference is that a jury trial would be a trial on the facts instead of just in the general public, a blind ingestion/regurgitation of media hype.

I stand by what I say. The teacher would win. No doctor under oath can lie about the waiver they make patients sign that says “ you realize this procedure will never actually make you the opposite gender”. If “it’s a standard practice!” Is cited to justify the malpractice, a discussion of lobotomies can be engaged.

Nope....the teacher didn't follow the district rules....more than once. Just not a good fit. I'm sure he'll be a lot happier at some fanatical private religious school.

Well the difference is that a jury trial would be a trial on the facts instead of just in the general public, a blind ingestion/regurgitation of media hype.

I stand by what I say. The teacher would win. No doctor under oath can lie about the waiver they make patients sign that says “ you realize this procedure will never actually make you the opposite gender”. If “it’s a standard practice!” Is cited to justify the malpractice, a discussion of lobotomies can be engaged.
Nope...the teacher has no leg to stand on....but perhaps he should sue anyways....let him spend a lot of his money in a losing lawsuit.

Nope...the teacher has no leg to stand on....but perhaps he should sue anyways....let him spend a lot of his money in a losing lawsuit.

The leg the doctor has to stand on is the fact that doctors inform their patients that gender change isn’t actually ever possible; that it’s an attempt at a very rough approximation. Very rough (the amputation surgery & permanent sterilization is brutal to recover from).

Forum List

Back