Violent criminals are just a myth, until they aren't and you need a gun to stop them.

People who need to carry guns are pussies

Not always. There are times when being armed might be very reasonable. If you're not a cop, or military, and you think you need to be armed 24/7, you're either a thug, or a coward, or crazy.
Once you are armed, you are looking for opportunities to use it

Everyone is a potential bad guy

If you shoot someone, just say you felt threatened
Complete and utter bullshit

CCW permit holders are some of the most law abiding people in the country.
I feel sorry for them

I can’t imagine going through life with such fear

Only morons think being prepared is the same as being afraid

Do you think everyone with insurance is fearful?

Do you think everyone who fastens a safety belt in a car or locks their doors at home is fearful?
Being prepared my ass

I can see if you have a dangerous job, live in a dangerous area or have to handle large amount of money

But if you think you need to carry your gun into Walmart, sleep with a loaded gun, keep a gun under your car seat.......you are a paranoid coward

I can’t see living my life like that

People who need to carry guns are pussies

Not always. There are times when being armed might be very reasonable. If you're not a cop, or military, and you think you need to be armed 24/7, you're either a thug, or a coward, or crazy.

And yet, that isn't true...did it hurt pulling that out of your ass? Since it has no basis in fact, truth or reality...as we have seen over the last 25 years of increased gun ownership....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
17 million people carrying guns

How sad that so many Americans live in fear

How many people wear seat belts?

I guess they live in fear too

My 87 year old mother goes about her life without packing a gun. Why are you afraid?

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

And then something like this happens.....

Video: Armed citizen effectively defends family in Houston

Investigators said it all started when the man’s wife pulled into their driveway Tuesday night. Then the two armed suspects jumped out and tried to rob her.

First, they took her purse, and then they tried to force her into the house. However, that is when her husband showed up.

He heard the commotion from inside, grabbed his gun and ended up exchanging gunfire with the intruders. Fortunately, the couple weren’t hit, but one of the suspects was hit in the head, police said. The other suspect took off running.

“One can only imagine what was going through their mind,” Choi added. I’d guess it was something along the lines of thank goodness we could effectively defend ourselves. The victims should be thankful to live in a state that doesn’t go out of its way to interfere with that right, too.

A good guy with a gun not only stopped a bad guy with a gun, but he almost certainly saved lives, starting with his own. Opponents of the individual right to bear arms usually dismiss these scenarios as improbable, if not entirely theoretical. That’s why it’s well worth highlighting such incidents when they occur, even if they largely speak for themselves.
Never be prepared......until it happens, then just sweep up the eyeballs.

I feel sorry for them

Do you think everyone who fastens a safety belt in a car or locks their doors at home is fearful?
Being prepared my ass

I can see if you have a dangerous job, live in a dangerous area or have to handle large amount of money

But if you think you need to carry your gun into Walmart, sleep with a loaded gun, keep a gun under your car seat.......you are a paranoid coward

I don't keep a loaded gun under my car seat. it's on my hip where it should be
And I don't go to Walmart but I do regularly make large night deposits

And it's no different for me than carrying a pocket knife or a multi tool on my belt

A gun is just another tool that is all it is but you're probably afraid of pocket knives too

I feel sorry for them

Being prepared my ass

And it's no different for me than carrying a pocket knife or a multi tool on my belt

A gun is just another tool that is all it is but you're probably afraid of pocket knives too

Chickenshit pussy

My 87 year old mother is braver than you. She doesn’t need a gun in her car

And yet, that isn't true...did it hurt pulling that out of your ass? Since it has no basis in fact, truth or reality...as we have seen over the last 25 years of increased gun ownership....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

My 87 year old mother goes about her life without packing a gun. Why are you afraid?

Not afraid prepared

I;m sure these 2 elderly people that were the victims of a home invasion didn't think they needed a gun either....... until they did

https://nypost.com/2017/10/11/home-invasion-turns-deadly-for-elderly-couple/

There many many more instances of this happening all over the country that you think it can't happen to you is naive to the point of mental retardation

I feel sorry for them

Being prepared my ass

Chickenshit pussy

I don't keep a gun in my car

Can't you read?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Not afraid prepared

I;m sure these 2 elderly people that were the victims of a home invasion didn't think they needed a gun either....... until they did

There many many more instances of this happening all over the country that you think it can't happen to you is naive to the point of mental retardation

You are demonstrating the cowardice of gun owners

You read about an elderly couple being attacked and jump at shadows the rest of your life.

Sad, you have to live like that, hundreds of millions of Americans go through their lives without being afraid of the boogie man

I feel sorry for them

Being prepared my ass

Chickenshit pussy

Can't you read?
You claim to carry one while driving

Guess you need one if somebody cuts you off

i am just on the fence on this one.....son cc carries..one of those..."if i have my pants on i have my gun on" i am more the...i have made it this long without carrying a pistol but damn it....i have long rifles and use them..and have been ready to defend myself and son with one if needed....i never desire to kill another human ...i dont understand those who want to kill others...that may one day be my downfall...when the local med sec prison has a break out...i just toss the keys to my car in it...fuck it ..property is not worth killing for.....come at me and mine...its worth killing for

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Not afraid prepared

You read about an elderly couple being attacked and jump at shadows the rest of your life.

Sad, you have to live like that, hundreds of millions of Americans go through their lives without being afraid of the boogie man

I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks when I do I'll let you know

The fact is if I was standing right next to you your would be 100% ignorant of the fact I was carrying like you are a myriad of other facts

and FYI there are a lot more examples of people being victims of home invasions

Like the one where a Doctor in an affluent suburb was beaten within an inch of his life and his wife and daughters were raped and then burned alive

but go ahead and tell yourself that shit like this never happens

Hey maybe you'll be one of those morons on the news who says

"Things like that never happen here" after it eventually does happen

Being prepared my ass

Chickenshit pussy

Can't you read?
You claim to carry one while driving

Guess you need one if somebody cuts you off

I don't get upset if people drive like assholes because most people are assholes it would be like getting upset at an animal for being an animal

But go ahead and live in your ignorance and pretend that nothing can ever happen to you or a loved one when violence finally finds you or them I'll just say I told you so

If I felt the need to carry, it would not be concealed. It would be in full display so anyone looking to fuck with me would maybe think twice about it.

i am just on the fence on this one.....son cc carries..one of those..."if i have my pants on i have my gun on" i am more the...i have made it this long without carrying a pistol but damn it....i have long rifles and use them..and have been ready to defend myself and son with one if needed....i never desire to kill another human ...i dont understand those who want to kill others...that may one day be my downfall...when the local med sec prison has a break out...i just toss the keys to my car in it...fuck it ..property is not worth killing for.....come at me and mine...its worth killing for

think of it this way

Would you let your homeowners' insurance lapse because your house won't burn down today?

Not afraid prepared

The fact is if I was standing right next to you your would be 100% ignorant of the fact I was carrying like you are a myriad of other facts

Like the one where a Doctor in an affluent suburb was beaten within an inch of his life and his wife and daughters were raped and then burned alive

I hate carrying my stupid cell phone

I can’t imagine being so afraid that I have to walk around with a concealed weapon....just in case

Sad way to have to live your life

i got no issue with open carry.....here is what i dont get....i am sitting around open carrying....there is a chill in the air ..i put on my hoodie and suddenly i have to have a permit?

Not afraid prepared

I hate carrying my stupid cell phone

I can’t imagine being so afraid that I have to walk around with a concealed weapon....just in case

Sad way to have to live your life

No worse than being ignorant of the real world

SO what if i carry a gun and never need it

It's none of your fucking business and I really don't care what you think.

And people do a lot of things just in case like paying for homeowners insurance even though your house will never burn down, disability insurance even though you'll never use it etc

It's called prudence and protecting one's investments

Forum List

Back