Violent criminals are just a myth, until they aren't and you need a gun to stop them.

Really? You haven't presented a link to a credible study, or indicated who exactly was interviewed, or how many were interviewed. Why not?

I have posted those links in the past..... you have seen them, but since they refute what you beleive, you pretend not to have seen them.

Sorry, but I don't keep track of everything a gun nut might post. If you've got a credible link, then show it.

Here you go.....an actual study...

https://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fuo.pdf

Where criminals get their guns......

Purchased from friends and family....39.6

Street purchase/illegal source.....39.2

Total... 78.8% from Friends and family and illegal street buys....

Purchase from gun stores = with background check..... 8.3%

Gun show = with a background check... 0.7%

So friends and family are their most common source for guns, an area that is specifically prevented from requiring a background check. Add to that all the street sales from individual sellers, another group that is specifically prevented from requiring background checks, and you have more than half of all guns purchased by thugs that should be required to have background checks, but aren't, thanks to the efforts by the NRA. So far your links fail to make your point.

Moron.....their friends and family get background checks to buy the gun, you moron, then they knowingly pass the gun to a known criminal...that is against the law, and both of them already know it...so universal background checks are not going to stop them....

Are you really this stupid?

One of us is stupid, but it's not me. A required background check would stop lots of those sales. Wouldn't stop them all, but a lot.

I have posted those links in the past..... you have seen them, but since they refute what you beleive, you pretend not to have seen them.

Sorry, but I don't keep track of everything a gun nut might post. If you've got a credible link, then show it.

So friends and family are their most common source for guns, an area that is specifically prevented from requiring a background check. Add to that all the street sales from individual sellers, another group that is specifically prevented from requiring background checks, and you have more than half of all guns purchased by thugs that should be required to have background checks, but aren't, thanks to the efforts by the NRA. So far your links fail to make your point.

Moron.....their friends and family get background checks to buy the gun, you moron, then they knowingly pass the gun to a known criminal...that is against the law, and both of them already know it...so universal background checks are not going to stop them....

One of us is stupid, but it's not me. A required background check would stop lots of those sales. Wouldn't stop them all, but a lot.

You haven't been able to show how a baby momma who passes a background check and then gives that gun to a criminal baby daddy would be stopped by a universal background check...considering she passed the current federal background check, and because you are slow.....that means she would pass a universal background check.

Guns that are stolen do not go through a background check of any kind, you moron.

A straw buyer who buys in one state passes background checks to buy the guns, goes to another state and sells those guns to criminals...he is not doing a universal background check because he is already, knowingly breaking the law...

You are either really stupid, or you simply don't care about the truth.....let's face it... it is both.

And? How does that discredit anything else that I said?
You call people names for doing what you do.

I don't prance around 24/7 with a gun strapped to me. What is it you think I do that I call other people names for?
Being a gun nutter. At home, anyway. :)

Nope. There are lots of gun owners. I'm one. A gun nut is an entirely different thing. They are cowards.
Fear of guns is rational thinking. Especially when the other guy is holding it.

Especially if the other guy is an unstable gun nut who prances around with their ballistic fashion statement strapped to them 24/7.

You call people names for doing what you do.

I don't prance around 24/7 with a gun strapped to me. What is it you think I do that I call other people names for?

Nope. There are lots of gun owners. I'm one. A gun nut is an entirely different thing. They are cowards.

Especially if the other guy is an unstable gun nut who prances around with their ballistic fashion statement strapped to them 24/7.
Or a murderous criminal. That's the moment you change from a prancing gun nut to a hero.

You haven't been able to show how a baby momma who passes a background check and then gives that gun to a criminal baby daddy would be stopped by a universal background check...considering she passed the current federal background check, and because you are slow.....that means she would pass a universal background check.

Guns that are stolen do not go through a background check of any kind, you moron.

A straw buyer who buys in one state passes background checks to buy the guns, goes to another state and sells those guns to criminals...he is not doing a universal background check because he is already, knowingly breaking the law...

You are either really stupid, or you simply don't care about the truth.....let's face it... it is both.

Never claimed it would be 100% effective. Only that it would reduce the amount of guns ending up in thugs hands. That's another example of your goofy thinking. You think anything less than perfect is useless. Sane Americans know better.

Never claimed it would be 100% effective. Only that it would reduce the amount of guns ending up in thugs hands. That's another example of your goofy thinking. You think anything less than perfect is useless. Sane Americans know better.

It isn't stopping them now...... you have been shown that universal background checks won't stop criminals or mass shooters over and over again. You have been shown that universal background checks are only wanted by anti gunners so they can get gun registration....

That you keep ignoring the truth, facts and reality shows you are pretty stupid.

Or a murderous criminal. That's the moment you change from a prancing gun nut to a hero.

That does seem to be the shared hope and fantasy of all gun nuts. Maybe I'll get to shoot someone and be a hero today.

That does seem to be the shared hope and fantasy of all gun nuts. Maybe I'll get to shoot someone and be a hero today.
Yes, because saving a stranger's life...maybe your family member...is such a waste of effort.

Yes, because saving a stranger's life...maybe your family member...is such a waste of effort.

Not something a sane person fantasizes about 24/7.

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

And then something like this happens.....

Video: Armed citizen effectively defends family in Houston

Investigators said it all started when the man’s wife pulled into their driveway Tuesday night. Then the two armed suspects jumped out and tried to rob her.

First, they took her purse, and then they tried to force her into the house. However, that is when her husband showed up.

He heard the commotion from inside, grabbed his gun and ended up exchanging gunfire with the intruders. Fortunately, the couple weren’t hit, but one of the suspects was hit in the head, police said. The other suspect took off running.

“One can only imagine what was going through their mind,” Choi added. I’d guess it was something along the lines of thank goodness we could effectively defend ourselves. The victims should be thankful to live in a state that doesn’t go out of its way to interfere with that right, too.

A good guy with a gun not only stopped a bad guy with a gun, but he almost certainly saved lives, starting with his own. Opponents of the individual right to bear arms usually dismiss these scenarios as improbable, if not entirely theoretical. That’s why it’s well worth highlighting such incidents when they occur, even if they largely speak for themselves.
People who need to carry guns are pussies

Bad guys are going to be mean to me

When it really happens it's not a fantasy. :)

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

And then something like this happens.....

Video: Armed citizen effectively defends family in Houston

Investigators said it all started when the man’s wife pulled into their driveway Tuesday night. Then the two armed suspects jumped out and tried to rob her.

First, they took her purse, and then they tried to force her into the house. However, that is when her husband showed up.

He heard the commotion from inside, grabbed his gun and ended up exchanging gunfire with the intruders. Fortunately, the couple weren’t hit, but one of the suspects was hit in the head, police said. The other suspect took off running.

“One can only imagine what was going through their mind,” Choi added. I’d guess it was something along the lines of thank goodness we could effectively defend ourselves. The victims should be thankful to live in a state that doesn’t go out of its way to interfere with that right, too.

A good guy with a gun not only stopped a bad guy with a gun, but he almost certainly saved lives, starting with his own. Opponents of the individual right to bear arms usually dismiss these scenarios as improbable, if not entirely theoretical. That’s why it’s well worth highlighting such incidents when they occur, even if they largely speak for themselves.
People who need to carry guns are pussies

Not always. There are times when being armed might be very reasonable. If you're not a cop, or military, and you think you need to be armed 24/7, you're either a thug, or a coward, or crazy.

And you get a boner dreaming about that time.

Your pussy gets wet dreaming about gang rape. :)

What is wrong with you?

What is wrong with you?
I'm not a man.

Anything clicking yet?

Not always. There are times when being armed might be very reasonable. If you're not a cop, or military, and you think you need to be armed 24/7, you're either a thug, or a coward, or crazy.
What times do you think are very reasonable?

Which times in 24/7 do you think are inappropriate?

Thanks.

What is wrong with you?
I'm not a man.

Anything clicking yet?

Not sure what your fun parts have to do with it. Your brain seems to be malfunctioning.

What times do you think are very reasonable?

Which times in 24/7 do you think are inappropriate?

Thanks.

If you have to go to the really bad part of town, take a gun. If you're traveling and carrying lots of money, a gun is reasonable. If you reasonably believe there is a higher chance than normal that you will need to defend yourself, protection is reasonable. To be armed at other times is nothing more than a fashion statement, or a political statement, and stupid.

Joe...that number is a lie, you have been shown that it is a lie, even shown where the idiot who made it up, kellerman, retracted that number.

You have been shown over and over that the number is a lie and you keep posting it, making you an asshat.

NRA propaganda isn't proof... and Kellerman never retracted his work.

NEXT!

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

You can come up with all the bullshit numbers you want... but you have to believe that 99.9999% of the time, when confronted with a bad guy, a gun nut isn't going to fulfill his dream of shooting him a darkie!

Only 200 cases of justifiable homicide with guns a year by civilians, according to the FBI. That's how rare it actually is.

Forum List

Back