Video Proof That Men Are More Friendly To Strangers Than Women

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Is this proof that men are more friendly to strangers than women?

Course if you go to a Red-neck bar....it's the opposite.

It reminds me of the time in the 70s when I was in the military. My short hair would cause women to avoid me and kids to scream insults at me because I was supposedly a baby-killer.

Oh.....and especially now......anyone in NYC can tell you that you can't be nice to anyone. They're liable to either rob you or try to kill you.

No. But it does show their are still differences in social norms for men and women. Men for example are less concerned with stalkers. And most of the guys that shook hands didn't have to be concerned with thinking that the guy was some kind of weirdo that might be trying to pick them up.

That said, I find it difficult to believe that zero women shook the guy's hand, thus I suspect that editing was involved, distorting the situation.

293439825_610457573776288_423001219128838562_n.jpg

It was kind of a semi-interesting short article there, though.

There is some validity to it. There's a lot of weirdos in this world, for sure.

At the same time, though, a lot of em are just way too full of themselves. And you'll never know until you test the theory.

Being from the south, it was a whole new world up north. Like aliens almost. People are just different.

Not really surprising. Men are naturally better equipped to respond to random physical contact with strangers. Additionally acting rude toward another guy offering a friendly gesture could possibly result in a negative escalation of an otherwise benign gesture.

Nothing to do with colour. Plenty to do with him being a man and their age. Unless they saw this from afar they would have thought he was in some way coming onto them or a total idiot. Women are genuinely vulnerable and need to keep themselves safe. I think how these kids acted was sensible for their age. I am a woman.

I've been in Texas my whole life, was born here.

People in public were always friendly.......doesn't matter if you were white, black, Mexican, Asian, etc...... If someone said HI to you, you said HI back.

Many times in my teen years, I frequented downtown Dallas in the day, at night, or just running around during the week. You could ask someone the time, and they'd stop and tell you and say HI. People smiled at you if you were smiling at them, etc....

After the late 80's, after thousands of Yankee companies moved down here to the DFW area, it all changed.
Nobody gives a shit, nobody smiles, nobody will stop and talk to you, and if you ask someone for the time.........you get a "go fuck yourself" or they completely ignore you.

If someone DOES stop and talk to you, smile at you, or give you the time, is a REAL, TRUE, TEXAN!!!!

Is this proof that men are more friendly to strangers than women?

Oh.....and especially now......anyone in NYC can tell you that you can't be nice to anyone. They're liable to either rob you or try to kill you.
I hope women are less friendly: we need to see off all those "extra-friendly" males who run around hitting on women.

I talk to strangers all the time, often women. I do not try to shake hands with them. I also maintain a respectful distance.

The difference here is not whether women are less friendly. It is that women have learned that being friendly invites unwanted attention. Men mistake it for flirting and pursue it.

Also, men don't worry about being followed and raped.

Black guys are more likely to be on the take.
Whenever a black stranger starts talking to you, telling some story, you automatically wait for the punch line where he's axing for money.
Of course. I remember a date I had, he took me into Baltimore and this black con man buttonholed him and just fascinated him with this long, long story (he wanted money, obviously). I removed myself a ways off and started planning how to get home from the Inner Harbor without this turkey.

I never went out with him again, of course. He was literally a rocket scientist, but he was kind of a fool.

I talk to strangers all the time, often women. I do not try to shake hands with them. I also maintain a respectful distance.

The difference here is not whether women are less friendly. It is that women have learned that being friendly invites unwanted attention. Men mistake it for flirting and pursue it.

Also, men don't worry about being followed and raped.

Yeah, you have to say "HI" to a woman in a different way, than you do a man.

If I talk to a strange woman, I will start off with "Oh wow, thats a nice jacket, where's you get it"? Or "I've been looking for a Birthday gift, and your necklace is something she would love, where'd you get that from"?
Or even something like "Nice shoes, you have good taste"!

Men don't care. They just like a friendly face and smile.

I talk to strangers all the time, often women. I do not try to shake hands with them.
Thank you, thank you!!!!!

I HATE men who try to shake hands with women!! That's totally illegitimate and everyone used to know this. If WE offer to shake hands, okay, otherwise ----- DON'T TOUCH US!!

Maybe that's the one good thing Covid did, stop some of the creepy touchy-huggy stuff strangers try to get away with.

Of course. I remember a date I had, he took me into Baltimore and this black con man buttonholed him and just fascinated him with this long, long story (he wanted money, obviously). I removed myself a ways off and started planning how to get home from the Inner Harbor without this turkey.

I never went out with him again, of course. He was literally a rocket scientist, but he was kind of a fool.

A literal rocket scientist asking for money. Now I have REALLY heard everything!!! LOL

Forum List

Back