Video: LA Cops Bodyslam Nurse In Arrest, Share Fist Bump Afterward...

Three years after the preliminary results first were presented at a scientific meeting and drew wide attention, University of Utah psychologists have published a study showing that motorists who talk on handheld or hands-free cellular phones are as impaired as drunken drivers.

"We found that people are as impaired when they drive and talk on a cell phone as they are when they drive intoxicated at the legal blood-alcohol limit” of 0.08 percent, which is the minimum level that defines illegal drunken driving in most U.S. states, says study co-author Frank Drews, an assistant professor of psychology. “If legislators really want to address driver distraction, then they should consider outlawing cell phone use while driving.”

Psychology Professor David Strayer, the study's lead author, adds: “Just like you put yourself and other people at risk when you drive drunk, you put yourself and others at risk when you use a cell phone and drive. The level of impairment is very similar.”

“Clearly the safest course of action is to not use a cell phone while driving,” concludes the study by Strayer, Drews and Dennis Crouch, a research associate professor of pharmacology and toxicology. The study was set for publication June 29 in the summer 2006 issue of Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.

Each of the study"s 40 participants “drove” a PatrolSim driving simulator four times: once each while undistracted, using a handheld cell phone, using a hands-free cell phone and while intoxicated to the 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level after drinking vodka and orange juice. Participants followed a simulated pace car that braked intermittently.

Both handheld and hands-free cell phones impaired driving, with no significant difference in the degree of impairment. That “calls into question driving regulations that prohibited handheld cell phones and permit hands-free cell phones,” the researchers write.

The study found that compared with undistracted drivers:
•Motorists who talked on either handheld or hands-free cell phones drove slightly slower, were 9 percent slower to hit the brakes, displayed 24 percent more variation in following distance as their attention switched between driving and conversing, were 19 percent slower to resume normal speed after braking and were more likely to crash. Three study participants rear-ended the pace car. All were talking on cell phones. None were drunk.
•Drivers drunk at the 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level drove a bit more slowly than both undistracted drivers and drivers using cell phones, yet more aggressively. They followed the pace car more closely, were twice as likely to brake only four seconds before a collision would have occurred, and hit their brakes with 23 percent more force. “Neither accident rates, nor reaction times to vehicles braking in front of the participant, nor recovery of lost speed following braking differed significantly” from undistracted drivers, the researchers write.

“Impairments associated with using a cell phone while driving can be as profound as those associated with driving while drunk,” they conclude.

Drivers on Cell Phones Are as Bad as Drunks - University of Utah News Release: June 29th, 2006

This one should really excite all the usual suspect Big Brother Goose Steppers here at USMB. BOOYAH! Fist Bumps all around.

Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop

LA Cops Bodyslamming Nurse Twice during Cell Phone Traffic Stop - YouTube

So she breaks the law, resists arrest, is beligerent towards the law enforcement officers, and you guys want to bitch and whine about the police?

Any one wonder why our nation is a fucking disaster with a radical marxist asshole in the White House?

So she has a few bumps and scrapes? They'll all heal in a couple of weeks. And this idiot deserved every last one of them....

Maybe you could point out where she 'resisted arrest' AFTER being body slammed the first time and being handcuffed? Or even BEFORE, for that matter. What she SAID is unknown, but I've yet to see where the 1st Amendment has been repealed.

Look, I'm as conservative to my core as anyone here, and nobody wants more freedom and less government than I do. But what you just said was asinine. There is a HUGE difference between 1st Amendment rights and anarchy. We have to have some rules. Like screaming "fire" in a crowded theater to cause panic is not a 1st Amendment right. And being belligerent to law enforcement officers trying to do a very important (not to mention extremely difficult) job is simply unacceptable.

As far as "what she said being unknown" - well, might I suggest you read the article before commenting? Her boyfriend flat out admitted she was belligerent and resisting arrest.

You sound like you're a cop in your posts in this thread, and I'm guessing the flashing of your badge cuts you some slack when you cross that 'thin, blue line'.

Or you're a spineless little pussy of a man who hasn't got the balls it takes to stand up to an arrogant prick with a badge that TOTALLY oversteps his authority.

And BTW, WHERE in that video do you see this girl 'resisting arrest'?

First of all, please spare us the internet tough guy routine. It's so unbecoming. Calling me a pussy is so absurd, you haven't the slightest clue what you're saying.

Second, do you have any idea what a piece of trailer trash you sound like by saying someone who doesn't defy a law enforcement officer is a "pussy". Defying law enforcement doesn't make you a tough guy chief, it makes you a fucking asshole. And at the end of the day, do you know what happens? You end up like this stupid bitch - face planted into the ground, in handcuffs, and then prosecuted. If that feeds some immature ego of yours and makes you feel like that is the definition of a "tough guy", by all means, knock yourself out tough guy. Just know that it ends with you in pain and with you having the criminal record. You call it "tough guy", I call it ignorant beyond comprehension.

I see the girl resisting arrest when they have her pinned agains the car and she turns around, resisting against them. Perhaps you should look closer. Or perhaps you just have something waaaaay up your ass about law enforcement? I have no idea, I'm simply asking.

As far as what I do - you're a lot closer than you realize. But that being said, not once (ever - and I mean ever) have I flashed any credentials to a law enforcement officer who approached me. Period. And I've never been taken to the ground or had cuffs placed on me. In fact, I've even been maced and the officer apologized to me after the fact because he realized it was unnecessary. And he realized that because even after being maced, I showed no hostility towards the officer. I remained respectful and honest. The fact is, if you conduct yourself with respect and civility, you will never have a problem with law enforcement - not even the few who are real dicks. It's people with the attitude like guy here that end up having the problems.

Last edited:
So she breaks the law, resists arrest, is beligerent towards the law enforcement officers, and you guys want to bitch and whine about the police?

Any one wonder why our nation is a fucking disaster with a radical marxist asshole in the White House?

So she has a few bumps and scrapes? They'll all heal in a couple of weeks. And this idiot deserved every last one of them....

Maybe you could point out where she 'resisted arrest' AFTER being body slammed the first time and being handcuffed? Or even BEFORE, for that matter. What she SAID is unknown, but I've yet to see where the 1st Amendment has been repealed.

Look, I'm as conservative to my core as anyone here, and nobody wants more freedom and less government than I do.
Huh? Who you voting for?

Studies have shown that people on cell phones drive as dangerously as drunk drivers.

Hang up and drive!

Those studies are flawed.

In what way?

They do not try to prove that phones were in use during accidents, all they do is track who has a phone, and whether they were involved in an accident. In fact, the only study that actually tracked making calls with actual accidents showed that hands free cell phone use is actually safer than not using a phone.

Why was she being a bitch?

Because she got pulled over for being on her cell phone when driving! Such a big brother stupid law is going to piss people off.

But then again when you mess with the bull you sometimes get the horns.

I wonder if the NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson, New Black Panthers, ACLU and all the liberal groups that protest constantly about police brutality will come out and protest this one? Nope, because white people who are the MAJORITY of the victims of police brutality get beat by police these hypocritical organizations don't give a fuck!

If the cops used excessive force, they should be punished.

But frankly, nothing frightens me more on the road than some idiot on a cell phone who doesn't pay attention to what they are doing...

Of course, the reason why this WILL get immediate attention is because this woman was white and attractive.

If you take a look at the shape that woman was in and then ask what she had been arrested for and she says she was talking on her phone while driving, something seems amiss.

There certainly has to be an investigation. When she was body slammed while cuffed, that would appear to be the end of their careers. Could they not control this woman by putting her chest on the car hood? The "fist celebration" showed a mind set.

The arrest seemed a little dubious as well.

This one should really excite all the usual suspect Big Brother Goose Steppers here at USMB. BOOYAH! Fist Bumps all around.

Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop

I don't know the full story behind the incident; but all of that because she was argumentative after being stopped for driving while talking on a cell phone seems a bit much. The two male cops could have subdued that one female without slamming her face down on asphalt. Plus, wasn't she already handcuffed before getting slammed on the ground? But of course, we are talking about the LAPD, one of the most corrupt police depts in the country.

Last edited:
Why is it - that when you say you want to wait for all of the facts before declaring someone guilty of a crime, you are commended for being circumspect by many on this board. But when you say that you're going to wait until all the facts are known before condemning a police officer for police brutality you're immediately labeled as an apologist for the gestapo???

On first glace, I'm confused as to why the woman needed to be thrown to the ground multiple times. But I'm also confused as to why the woman got out of the car to scream at the cops and why, according to the reporter, she thought it would be appropriate to turn to get back into her car afterwards. It seems like this was a hostile situation.

Bottom line, the police department said they are looking into it and are "seriously concerned," based on what the police officers themselves had said. This seems to indicate that if there was wrong-doing on the part of the officers, it will be taken seriously.

If you take a look at the shape that woman was in and then ask what she had been arrested for and she says she was talking on her phone while driving, something seems amiss.
I agree... For a lot of people that would be enough information. But not for me. I would be asking what else she did.

With that said... So far as I can see she was thrown down for something she SAID. I didn't see anything that suggested she was harmful to anyone. And you know what? I don't give a flying flip what she said. She could have said they both were cum gurgling gutter sluts, their grandma's sucked eggs, or that Mitt Romney was a cocksucker and she had the pictures to prove it... I don't care what she said. In no way shape or form does that give those officers the right to take her down in that fashion. Not for something she said.

What if it was your Mother, Daughter, Sister, or Grandmother?

My family doesn't argue with law enforcement officers, sorry.
There isn't a person on this planet that I won't stand up to if I feel they are doing wrong.

With that said... I doubt I'd do it in the fashion this lady did. Not that it matters the use of force is still seems highly unwarranted.

Still amazes me the idiots that defend pigs beating on people...I don't like pigs and I let them know that to. I have had a pig ask me where I was going when I was clearly in a shopping parking lot...where the fuck ya think I was going? She had an attitude the minute she came to my door so she got it right back...stupid nazi stormtrooper pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt...I know horrible thing...lord forbid I control what I do with my body and to this day I still do not and will not wear a damn seatbelt I don't like them and I don't give a shit how many tickets I get. I had another pig thinking he could put his hands on my personal property aka my vehicle he was asked to remove them and decided to ignore me until I started dialing my lawyer. :) that changed his little nazi attitude right fast.Pigs only control you when you let them control you.

Dissent Wrote:
Still amazes me the idiots that defend pigs beating on people...I don't like pigs and I let them know that to. I have had a pig ask me where I was going when I was clearly in a shopping parking lot...where the fuck ya think I was going? She had an attitude the minute she came to my door so she got it right back...stupid nazi stormtrooper pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt...I know horrible thing...lord forbid I control what I do with my body and to this day I still do not and will not wear a damn seatbelt I don't like them and I don't give a shit how many tickets I get. I had another pig thinking he could put his hands on my personal property aka my vehicle he was asked to remove them and decided to ignore me until I started dialing my lawyer. that changed his little nazi attitude right fast.Pigs only control you when you let them control you.

So....I'm guessing you don't talk yourself out of too many tickets then, do you, Dissent, lol?

You sound like you're a cop in your posts in this thread, and I'm guessing the flashing of your badge cuts you some slack when you cross that 'thin, blue line'.

Or you're a spineless little pussy of a man who hasn't got the balls it takes to stand up to an arrogant prick with a badge that TOTALLY oversteps his authority.

And BTW, WHERE in that video do you see this girl 'resisting arrest'?

First of all, please spare us the internet tough guy routine. It's so unbecoming. Calling me a pussy is so absurd, you haven't the slightest clue what you're saying.

Second, do you have any idea what a piece of trailer trash you sound like by saying someone who doesn't defy a law enforcement officer is a "pussy". Defying law enforcement doesn't make you a tough guy chief, it makes you a fucking asshole. And at the end of the day, do you know what happens? You end up like this stupid bitch - face planted into the ground, in handcuffs, and then prosecuted. If that feeds some immature ego of yours and makes you feel like that is the definition of a "tough guy", by all means, knock yourself out tough guy. Just know that it ends with you in pain and with you having the criminal record. You call it "tough guy", I call it ignorant beyond comprehension.

I see the girl resisting arrest when they have her pinned agains the car and she turns around, resisting against them. Perhaps you should look closer. Or perhaps you just have something waaaaay up your ass about law enforcement? I have no idea, I'm simply asking.

As far as what I do - you're a lot closer than you realize. But that being said, not once (ever - and I mean ever) have I flashed any credentials to a law enforcement officer who approached me. Period. And I've never been taken to the ground or had cuffs placed on me. In fact, I've even been maced and the officer apologized to me after the fact because he realized it was unnecessary. And he realized that because even after being maced, I showed no hostility towards the officer. I remained respectful and honest. The fact is, if you conduct yourself with respect and civility, you will never have a problem with law enforcement - not even the few who are real dicks. It's people with the attitude like guy here that end up having the problems.

I see you're having comprehension issues today. The statement I made was either/or, and since you've admitted to being some kind of LEO, the 'pussy' description wasn't meant to apply. Don't know why that got past you, smart guy, but 'Oh well.'

As an LEO, I'm sure you prefer that all of us peons become spineless pussies, and bow and scrape to your 'authority', even when you abuse that authority to the degree that these two pieces of shit did in this video. The LAPD motto is "To Protect and to Serve", not "To Harass and Abuse", but you couldn't tell that from this damning video.

You get what you give in this world, and in my interaction with police if they are respectful then so am I. If they are cockbite pieces of shit i give them as much of a hard time as I possibly can. Dashcams are very handy for documenting police abuse/misconduct, and they're quite easy to install, too.

You sound like one of the 'bad' cops, Rott, if you think turning around is resisting arrest. The woman was already handcuffed, for God's sake, should she have offered a fucking blowjob or something?

And finally, your last 2 sentences are complete and total BULLSHIT, as you well know. YouTube is FULL of videos of cops treating citizens like dogshit regardless of how they act. A lot of cops these days were 'lunch-money victims' in school, and the badge and gun give them the ability to 'get even' with the world that mistreated them so.

Fucking pussies is what they are, and compensating for their small dick syndrome...

Dissent Wrote:
Still amazes me the idiots that defend pigs beating on people...I don't like pigs and I let them know that to. I have had a pig ask me where I was going when I was clearly in a shopping parking lot...where the fuck ya think I was going? She had an attitude the minute she came to my door so she got it right back...stupid nazi stormtrooper pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt...I know horrible thing...lord forbid I control what I do with my body and to this day I still do not and will not wear a damn seatbelt I don't like them and I don't give a shit how many tickets I get. I had another pig thinking he could put his hands on my personal property aka my vehicle he was asked to remove them and decided to ignore me until I started dialing my lawyer. that changed his little nazi attitude right fast.Pigs only control you when you let them control you.

So....I'm guessing you don't talk yourself out of too many tickets then, do you, Dissent, lol?

Come to think of it. No. Lol...Some tickets I deserve I remember one when I was speeding to fast because I was late for college class and cop was nice guy sucked but I deserved it. But when my last ticket was given the nazi stormtrooper had an attitude from the moment she got to my door...I still think it was because of my Ron Paul bumper sticker and Magnet on my door...I mean seriously who the hell cruises up and down a road just looking for someone to ticket and then it was for a stupid seatbelt! I mean seriously go combat some serious crime and stop harassing people for not wearing a seatbelt. Oh and NEVER get a seatbelt ticket in North Carolina the nazi's have jacked shit up its now like 20$ the ticket but they now force you to pay "court costs" even though I never went to court it was asinine..ticket cost me over 160$ because the state much like the country can't manage their money,either that or they seriously think its going to stop people from not wearing a seatbelt.

Yep I am an asshole and I won't take bullshit from tyrants either. Get over it.Guess some of us have the pussy gene that would be you and every other boot licker who thinks we should allow the tyrants to do as they want without consequences,and then there is us the ones who will stand up for what we believe in and don't care how big that army may be trying to come down on us because we would rather live free and die free than live our entire lives on our knees.

Last edited:
Definitely not surprised so many loyal Goose Steppers showed up to join these two assholes in a fist bump frenzy. What has happened to our Nation? Why so much Authority-Worship? It's so perplexing considering our Nation was founded on the exact opposite principles. Living in these times really does give you a better understanding of how the Nazis were able to rise to power in Germany. So many Citizens are just so willing to go along. It's very sad.

Still amazes me the idiots that defend pigs beating on people...I don't like pigs and I let them know that to. I have had a pig ask me where I was going when I was clearly in a shopping parking lot...where the fuck ya think I was going? She had an attitude the minute she came to my door so she got it right back...stupid nazi stormtrooper pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt...I know horrible thing...lord forbid I control what I do with my body and to this day I still do not and will not wear a damn seatbelt I don't like them and I don't give a shit how many tickets I get. I had another pig thinking he could put his hands on my personal property aka my vehicle he was asked to remove them and decided to ignore me until I started dialing my lawyer. :) that changed his little nazi attitude right fast.Pigs only control you when you let them control you.

I don't know how I missed it. I drink too much.

images

:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back