Video: Ingraham returns slams the chilling effect of free speech

So because you happen to agree with them, you're okay with their pulling their advertising based on their personal interpretation. Seems rather hypocritical to me.
They pulled their advertising ONLY because they felt BULLIED by an ARMY of leftist pawns. Advertisers don't like controversy. They believed the vast majority were with the snowflakes.

They did not pull their advertising because it was their choice. It's all about bullying
Great, so now we know that when you boycotted the NFL to get them to lose sponsors, you didn't think of it as you exercising your freedom of speech -- you thought of yourself as a bully.

Otherwise known as — freedom of speech.
Which you support silencing in Laura by BULLYING her advertisers to abandon her program -- or ELSE!

THAT'S not free speech dimwit
True Liberal's wouldn't have anything to do with these anti-free speech snowflakes. They piss their pants until they call for a boycott.
Oh, for fuck's sake. Really? I need to post this again?

The hypocrisy of a true conservative...

Let's go after the sponsors of NFL games. Even the advertisers won't like a 10% loss of viewership.

We never called for NFL sponsors to stop advertising, we just stopped watching NFL games. Exercising our freedom of association.

Okay, I won't tell Hogg how to feel about it but can I tell him how to interpret her remarks? I can at least do that much can't I? Hogg made it out like she was mocking him for not getting into these colleges when any idiot with a grade school grasp of the English language can see that she did not.
He gets to interpret her words just like you do. Just because you don’t find it offense doesn’t mean he doesn’t, can’t or shouldn’t.

Problem is, there's only one way to interpret her words and her words did not in any way mock him for not getting into the schools like he made out. You're not stupid and you can read just as well as I can that this is not what she said. So why are you bucking me so hard on this?

Again, you don’t get to tell Hogg how to feel about her comment. And no one cares if you think he overreacted, so there’s nothing really to forgive. Many people agreed with how he took her comment and 19 advertisers agreed as well.

You're not so naive as to think they dropped her because of her remarks are you? All they're doing is a preemptive boycott before they get boycotted by their consumers. Because they know and I know and you know that if they had not pulled their advertising from her show, Hogg and/or others would have called for a boycott on their products.
So you're telling me that the companies that dropped her are no better at understanding plain English any better than Hogg?
No, what I’m telling you is you don’t get to interpret her words for anybody but yourself.

You do realize that goes both ways, right? Therefore, if I don't get to say he overreacted based on my personal interpretation then you don't get to say he didn't based on your personal interpretation.

I don't understand why you people are carrying on like this. All I said was that I think he overreacted and you people are making it out like I'm trying to tell him how to feel.

And even that doesn’t scratch the surface of being just the reader of her words as opposed to Hogg, who was also the target of her words. And just like you get to interpret her words for yourself, so did all of Ingraham’s sponsors. 19 of them felt it warranted pulling their spots from her show.

So because you happen to agree with them, you're okay with their pulling their advertising based on their personal interpretation. Seems rather hypocritical to me.

Lastly, here is Ingraham's Tweet: "David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

How in the world can you possibly interpret this as mocking him for not getting into the colleges? You can't be so hell bent on defending Hogg as to not read this for what it is.
Well, no, it doesn't actually go both ways because I never actually he didn't overreact based on my personal interpretation, as you falsely ascribe to me.

It still goes both ways whether you did or not. You're not the only one involved here. So if you say it's only my personal interpretation and that he overreacted, that also applies to anyone who interpreted her remarks as insulting to Hogg and thinks he did not overreact.
Going by your argument, every single person who's had something to say about this does so by their own personal interpretation and means nothing. Yet you haven't confronted anyone but those who defend Ingraham or those who do not think he overreacted.

And I'm ok with with her advertisers pulling their spots because they too have freedom of speech.

So you don't agree with them?

He gets to interpret her words just like you do. Just because you don’t find it offense doesn’t mean he doesn’t, can’t or shouldn’t.

Problem is, there's only one way to interpret her words and her words did not in any way mock him for not getting into the schools like he made out. You're not stupid and you can read just as well as I can that this is not what she said. So why are you bucking me so hard on this?

You're not so naive as to think they dropped her because of her remarks are you? All they're doing is a preemptive boycott before they get boycotted by their consumers. Because they know and I know and you know that if they had not pulled their advertising from her show, Hogg and/or others would have called for a boycott on their products.
So you're telling me that the companies that dropped her are no better at understanding plain English any better than Hogg?
No, what I’m telling you is you don’t get to interpret her words for anybody but yourself.

You do realize that goes both ways, right? Therefore, if I don't get to say he overreacted based on my personal interpretation then you don't get to say he didn't based on your personal interpretation.

I don't understand why you people are carrying on like this. All I said was that I think he overreacted and you people are making it out like I'm trying to tell him how to feel.

And even that doesn’t scratch the surface of being just the reader of her words as opposed to Hogg, who was also the target of her words. And just like you get to interpret her words for yourself, so did all of Ingraham’s sponsors. 19 of them felt it warranted pulling their spots from her show.

Lastly, here is Ingraham's Tweet: "David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

How in the world can you possibly interpret this as mocking him for not getting into the colleges? You can't be so hell bent on defending Hogg as to not read this for what it is.
Well, no, it doesn't actually go both ways because I never actually he didn't overreact based on my personal interpretation, as you falsely ascribe to me.

It still goes both ways whether you did or not. You're not the only one involved here. So if you say it's only my personal interpretation and that he overreacted, that also applies to anyone who interpreted her remarks as insulting to Hogg and thinks he did not overreact.
Going by your argument, every single person who's had something to say about this does so by their own personal interpretation and means nothing. Yet you haven't confronted anyone but those who defend Ingraham or those who do not think he overreacted.

And I'm ok with with her advertisers pulling their spots because they too have freedom of speech.

You fail again because I don't speak for those others you mentioned nor do they speak for me.

Her followers had nothing to do with it. They were her remarks and hers alone.

That said, she mocked his whining, not his failure to get into these schools as he made it out to be.
she tweeted it didn't she? Who do you think she tweeted it for?

You said "...with her followers...". I took that to mean that they participated somehow in her remarks. If that is the case, her followers are guilty of simply receiving and reading her Tweet. Is that what you're telling us?
gosh, I didn't mean to get in to such details...

but what I meant when I said it, was that Laura whined/tweeted/brought up/mocked whatever you want to call it....about his whining about not getting accepted in to 4 colleges... even with his 4.2....

I believe she did so, to get a laugh out of her followers...to give her followers another thing on Hogg to cut down on and to mock, and to me, she expected and even hoped her tweet would meet favor with her followers and be retweeted by her followers....all in the name of show biz perhaps, or just out of hatred....

there was absolutely no other reason, to tweet it...imo.

Maybe I'm just anal about such things but when you say "She went out of her way, with her followers, to try to humiliate and laugh at David Hogg..." The way this is worded, her followers went out of their way, with her, to humiliate Hogg and that simply is not true.
do you know if they retweeted it to their friends? or bots retweeted it?

I'm thinking they did.... we even have a thread on this site about it right after she did it, if memory serves.... and even before david hogg responded.....
Some people may have retweeted that David Hogg ‘whined’?
Oh the horror!!!!
Oh the inhumanity!!!
Please say it isn’t so!!!
Ruin her career!!!

Good on her! People need to stand up to the Marxism of the left and the moronic Democrat dupes who enable that shit.
Democrats need to go create their USSR somewhere else. No more in my backyard.
Fuck off. The left has just as much right to freedom of speech as the right.
And no one is denying that. This is about the left stifling opposing speech. Marxist. When you lefties can’t handle facts and analysis, when you can’t rebut, you resort to censorship.
Go build your USSR somewhere else.
What a fucking panty waiste half the fucken people are on here. The left is not sensoring any fucken thing. They hold no seats and hold no power. Lets not be fucking children, with out the votes to get the office you have no power!!!! That is just the way it is. Sensorship my ass, controling the FBI my ass, controling any thing my ass! No power no control. Take stupid bull shit and shove it up your ass! No power no control! Repeat after me , No power no control! Any body remember the Dixie chicks? You run your mouth you are pissing off half of America and they will not support you! It has always been that way
Get out o’ Dodge! Media is controlled by Democrats (my iPhone spellchecker capitalizes Democrat but not republican) and the left weaponizes language. PC is a left wing thing. That is insidious and pervasive censorship. Save your phony outrage for some Democrat dupe.
so you want to be a child, so be it IDK.

You fail again because I don't speak for those others you mentioned nor do they speak for me.

So what makes you think you can speak for me? You've told me time and time again that my opinion is my personal interpretation of Ingraham's remarks but you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.

So what makes you think you can speak for me? You've told me time and time again that my opinion is my personal interpretation of Ingraham's remarks but you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.
Try harder. I’m not speaking for you. I’m not telling you how you should or should not interpret Ingraham’s words.

Try harder. I’m not speaking for you. I’m not telling you how you should or should not interpret Ingraham’s words.

Are still on here going at it LOL...

Try harder. I didn't say you were telling me how to interpret her words, I said you told me that my opinion was my personal interpretation. What I'm getting at is that you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.

All I ever said was that I think Hogg misconstrued her words and overreacted based on that erroneous interpretation. I'm not even saying that he should not have gotten upset, I might have too in his position. But he conflated her words to mean something else and I have a problem with that.

Good on her! People need to stand up to the Marxism of the left and the moronic Democrat dupes who enable that shit.
And no one is denying that. This is about the left stifling opposing speech. Marxist. When you lefties can’t handle facts and analysis, when you can’t rebut, you resort to censorship.
What a fucking panty waiste half the fucken people are on here. The left is not sensoring any fucken thing. They hold no seats and hold no power. Lets not be fucking children, with out the votes to get the office you have no power!!!! That is just the way it is. Sensorship my ass, controling the FBI my ass, controling any thing my ass! No power no control. Take stupid bull shit and shove it up your ass! No power no control! Repeat after me , No power no control! Any body remember the Dixie chicks? You run your mouth you are pissing off half of America and they will not support you! It has always been that way
Get out o’ Dodge! Media is controlled by Democrats (my iPhone spellchecker capitalizes Democrat but not republican) and the left weaponizes language. PC is a left wing thing. That is insidious and pervasive censorship. Save your phony outrage for some Democrat dupe.
so you want to be a child, so be it IDK.
Speak for yourself, point-challenged non-responder.

PC=manners PC=professional behavior
Learn it.

She didnt even do anything out of line IMO Dont get involved if you cant take it. I mean, what kind of dumbass...?
It just shows what thin skin that child has. Also, those advertisers that got manipulated or towed that little twats line, is just as pathetic.

I agree she mentioned, in a mocking demeanor, a highly ignorant and arrogant child didn’t get into a few colleges! Oh the horror.

Worse is said on MSNBC each and every night, yet no calls to boycott advertisers there. If you don’t like what they are saying then don’t watch it! Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Oh? And if a nationally recognized personality said some about you, which you took to be offensive, you would just ignore it and let it stand unopposed?
She said he whined. How heinous.
It’s completely ignorable - unless you’re a snowflake leftard, of course.
Then you try to ruin careers.
Lol.
Is that all she said? I thought she brought up that he had not been accepted to four colleges. That was to infer he is a big loser.

Learn it.
Ja vol, herr Kommandant!

I'm a senior citizen who goes to bed way before Ms. Ingraham is on.

So I have never watched her show.

I am delighted to hear, however, that FOX NEWS has her back.

I hope that she can continue to give her points of view (although I suspect that she will be a little more careful in the future).

I can understand why those 19 sponsors pulled out. No business wants to be the object of a boycott.

Hopefully, some courageous and principled advertisers can be found to replace them.

I'm a senior citizen who goes to bed way before Ms. Ingraham is on.

So I have never watched her show.

I am delighted to hear, however, that FOX NEWS has her back.

I hope that she can continue to give her points of view (although I suspect that she will be a little more careful in the future).

I can understand why those 19 sponsors pulled out. No business wants to be the object of a boycott.

Hopefully, some courageous and principled advertisers can be found to replace them.
An abundance of advertisers has never been a problem at FOX or CNN. It's about 50/50 news and ads. Enough to drive a soul nuts.

She didnt even do anything out of line IMO Dont get involved if you cant take it. I mean, what kind of dumbass...?
It just shows what thin skin that child has. Also, those advertisers that got manipulated or towed that little twats line, is just as pathetic.

I agree she mentioned, in a mocking demeanor, a highly ignorant and arrogant child didn’t get into a few colleges! Oh the horror.

Worse is said on MSNBC each and every night, yet no calls to boycott advertisers there. If you don’t like what they are saying then don’t watch it! Plain and simple.

Oh? And if a nationally recognized personality said some about you, which you took to be offensive, you would just ignore it and let it stand unopposed?
Lol.
Is that all she said? I thought she brought up that he had not been accepted to four colleges. That was to infer he is a big loser.

Lol.
No. HE brought it up as HE published the fact that he’d been rejected by 4 colleges.

HER point was that he whined about it. Go read her comment and then show us where she said ANYTHING deserving of all this toxic hysteria.

And if you want to play the inference game - you could just as well say she ‘inferred’ it is tough getting into Uni - UCLA in particular - even with a 4.1 GPA - to the point that rejection is predicatable.

To have a meltdown and decide such a trivial comment is worthy of attention - let alone attempting to destroy a career over it - is the height of egomaniacal petulance and snowlfakery.

The fact that leftards are supporting this pathetic display of wanton vindictiveness shows how very very low you have all sunk, IMO.

Learn it.
Manners and professional behaviour existed long before your PC idiocy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back