Video: Ingraham returns slams the chilling effect of free speech

Mitsubishi Motors becomes the 24th sponsor to pull their advertising from Laura Ingraham’s show.

Well, no, it doesn't actually go both ways because I never actually he didn't overreact based on my personal interpretation, as you falsely ascribe to me.

It still goes both ways whether you did or not. You're not the only one involved here. So if you say it's only my personal interpretation and that he overreacted, that also applies to anyone who interpreted her remarks as insulting to Hogg and thinks he did not overreact.
Going by your argument, every single person who's had something to say about this does so by their own personal interpretation and means nothing. Yet you haven't confronted anyone but those who defend Ingraham or those who do not think he overreacted.

And I'm ok with with her advertisers pulling their spots because they too have freedom of speech.

So you don't agree with them?
You fail again because I don't speak for those others you mentioned nor do they speak for me.

So what makes you think you can speak for me? You've told me time and time again that my opinion is my personal interpretation of Ingraham's remarks but you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.
Try harder. I’m not speaking for you. I’m not telling you how you should or should not interpret Ingraham’s words.

Try harder. I didn't say you were telling me how to interpret her words, I said you told me that my opinion was my personal interpretation. What I'm getting at is that you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.

All I ever said was that I think Hogg misconstrued her words and overreacted based on that erroneous interpretation. I'm not even saying that he should not have gotten upset, I might have too in his position. But he conflated her words to mean something else and I have a problem with that.
Oh? What did he say?

It still goes both ways whether you did or not. You're not the only one involved here. So if you say it's only my personal interpretation and that he overreacted, that also applies to anyone who interpreted her remarks as insulting to Hogg and thinks he did not overreact.
Going by your argument, every single person who's had something to say about this does so by their own personal interpretation and means nothing. Yet you haven't confronted anyone but those who defend Ingraham or those who do not think he overreacted.

So you don't agree with them?
You fail again because I don't speak for those others you mentioned nor do they speak for me.

So what makes you think you can speak for me? You've told me time and time again that my opinion is my personal interpretation of Ingraham's remarks but you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.
Try harder. I’m not speaking for you. I’m not telling you how you should or should not interpret Ingraham’s words.

Try harder. I didn't say you were telling me how to interpret her words, I said you told me that my opinion was my personal interpretation. What I'm getting at is that you won't say the same about those who disagree with me.

All I ever said was that I think Hogg misconstrued her words and overreacted based on that erroneous interpretation. I'm not even saying that he should not have gotten upset, I might have too in his position. But he conflated her words to mean something else and I have a problem with that.
Oh? What did he say?

Are you telling me you're not aware that everyone upset by this thinks Ingraham mocked him for being rejected? It's what everyone is screaming about and as far as I know, Hogg hasn't told them any different.

Oh? What did he say?

Are you telling me you're not aware that everyone upset by this thinks Ingraham mocked him for being rejected? It's what everyone is screaming about and as far as I know, Hogg hasn't told them any different.
That's not what you said.

You said, "but he conflated her words to mean something else and I have a problem with that."

What did he say?

Oh? What did he say?

You said, "but he conflated her words to mean something else and I have a problem with that."

What did he say?

I didn't say that he said anything, I said he conflated her words. He did so by his actions and by the fact that he has never corrected anyone or said anything that conflicted with what people are saying.

Below is a link to just one source and if you do a Google search, you'll see that everyone thinks the same thing: She mocked him for the college rejections.

Ingraham Ridiculed a Parkland Student's College Rejections.

Oh? What did he say?

What did he say?

I didn't say that he said anything, I said he conflated her words. He did so by his actions and by the fact that he has never corrected anyone or said anything that conflicted with what people are saying.

Below is a link to just one source and if you do a Google search, you'll see that everyone thinks the same thing: She mocked him for the college rejections.

LOLOL

If he didn't say anything, then he couldn't conflate her words. His actions certainly didn't since his actions were to list some of her sponsors and asked others to contact them. That in no way speaks to what she made fun of. And if others did, that's on them. It's not his responsibility to explain Ingraham's words to everyone else. If anything, that's Ingraham's job to explain herself.

Oh? What did he say?

What did he say?

LOLOL

If he didn't say anything, then he couldn't conflate her words. His actions certainly didn't since his actions were to list some of her sponsors and asked others to contact them. That in no way speaks to what she made fun of. And if others did, that's on them. It's not his responsibility to explain Ingraham's words to everyone else. If anything, that's Ingraham's job to explain herself.

I think it is his responsibility if he's going to go as far as asking sponsors to pull their advertising. If he's going to go that far then the people supporting him and supporting the boycott should know that they're not exactly supporting him or the boycott for the same reason he is.

Oh? What did he say?

What did he say?

LOLOL

I think it is his responsibility if he's going to go as far as asking sponsors to pull their advertising. If he's going to go that far then the people supporting him and supporting the boycott should know that they're not exactly supporting him or the boycott for the same reason he is.
I think it's the responsibility of news organizations like Fox News to report accurately and put out corrections on their own stories when they get them wrong. It's not on David Hogg's shoulders to correct them.

As far as individual callers to Ingraham's advertisers, I don't know how you can possibly say they misunderstood Ingraham's comment. You don't know who called and you don't know what they believed. Perhaps your ire would be better directed at media like Fox who got the story wrong? :dunno:

Mitsubishi Motors becomes the 24th sponsor to pull their advertising from Laura Ingraham’s show.

Well take a bow s0n.... but she's still on the air asshole!!!:113:. The back-and-forth fodder on this is akin to a group navel contemplation session.

I continue to find it fascinating that progressives celebrate these symbolic trivial things. Meanwhile what has Hogg accomplished in the past 3 weeks except headlines on the Reality Manufacturing Networks?

= dick

Meanwhile..... Congress went back to bed.:abgg2q.jpg:

Next.... they'll be taking bows when the next marches happen:5_1_12024:..... more banner/symbolic shit. Only the modern progressive could get giddy about that.

The next flag-waving moment will be when Hogg shows up on the cover of some magazine..... more euphoric celebration by progressives over symbolic stuff. In the big picture nobody is caring and especially Congress who couldn't care less....

Well......maybe the internet o ocd's are caring!:hello77:

Last edited:
So...sponsors pulled out. Why is this a big deal? She said something he said something back. The sponsors didn't have to back out...that's their choice. Wake up people if you can. I feel nothing for him and less for her.

Well take a bow s0n.... but she's still on the air asshole!!!:113:. The back-and-forth fodder on this is akin to a group navel contemplation session.

I continue to find it fascinating that progressives celebrate these symbolic trivial things. Meanwhile what has Hogg accomplished in the past 3 weeks except headlines on the Reality Manufacturing Networks?

= dick

Meanwhile..... Congress went back to bed.:abgg2q.jpg:

Next.... they'll be taking bows when the next marches happen:5_1_12024:..... more banner/symbolic shit. Only the modern progressive could get giddy about that.

The next flag-waving moment will be when Hogg shows up on the cover of some magazine..... more euphoric celebration by progressives over symbolic stuff. In the big picture nobody is caring and especially Congress who couldn't care less....

Well......maybe the internet o ocd's are caring!:hello77:
Now he’s on to motivating teenagers to get political active. He’s getting them to register to vote when they turn 18 and convincing them to participate in the next election.

What did he say?

LOLOL

I think it's the responsibility of news organizations like Fox News to report accurately and put out corrections on their own stories when they get them wrong. It's not on David Hogg's shoulders to correct them.

Whether or not it was his responsibility, for the purpose of ethics, he should have. Millions of people are out there championing his cause and supporting him for having been mocked for being rejected by four colleges. If he feels otherwise (that she mocked him for whining about it) then at the very least, he has an ethical responsibility to set straight the people who are supporting him. You don't find it the least bit odd that, if he feels she mocked him for his whining, he remains silent while a firestorm rages around him where everyone else is arguing that she mocked him for being rejected?

We could go back and forth like this for days over minutiae but you and I both know, based on his actions and his deafening silence to the contrary, that he feels she mocked him for being rejected.

As far as individual callers to Ingraham's advertisers, I don't know how you can possibly say they misunderstood Ingraham's comment. You don't know who called and you don't know what they believed. Perhaps your ire would be better directed at media like Fox who got the story wrong? :dunno:

I didn't say anything about individual callers or what they might have said. I'm going by what everyone is saying now.

Also, given the current climate, I think that if Hogg and everyone else had interpreted her tweet correctly, that she mocked him for whining, he and they would still have called for her sponsors to drop their advertising.

What did he say?

LOLOL

Whether or not it was his responsibility, for the purpose of ethics, he should have. Millions of people are out there championing his cause and supporting him for having been mocked for being rejected by four colleges. If he feels otherwise (that she mocked him for whining about it) then at the very least, he has an ethical responsibility to set straight the people who are supporting him. You don't find it the least bit odd that, if he feels she mocked him for his whining, he remains silent while a firestorm rages around him where everyone else is arguing that she mocked him for being rejected?

We could go back and forth like this for days over minutiae but you and I both know, based on his actions and his deafening silence to the contrary, that he feels she mocked him for being rejected.

I didn't say anything about individual callers or what they might have said. I'm going by what everyone is saying now.

Also, given the current climate, I think that if Hogg and everyone else had interpreted her tweet correctly, that she mocked him for whining, he and they would still have called for her sponsors to drop their advertising.
You have no evidence he feels she mocked him for not getting into some schools, though you keep saying that anyway. You have no evidence boycotters thought that or that Hogg knew they thought that, though you keep saying that too. What I haven’t seen you post is any outrage at Fox News for putting out fake news.

The lesson to be learned here is to stop taking personal jabs at these kids.

LOLOL

You have no evidence he feels she mocked him for not getting into some schools, though you keep saying that anyway. You have no evidence boycotters thought that or that Hogg knew they thought that, though you keep saying that too.

Whether or not I have evidence to the contrary is irrelevant at this point because everyone is saying she mocked him for the rejections and no one, including Hogg, is saying any different. Until he says otherwise I have to assume he did.

What I haven’t seen you post is any outrage at Fox News for putting out fake news.

What I haven't seen you post is any of the same criticism that you've leveled at me directed at those who disagree with me. It's horseshit and you know it. And why do you keep bringing up Fox? Every one of them said the same thing.

The lesson to be learned here is to stop taking personal jabs at these kids.

And the lesson to be learned here for Hogg and his supporters is to correctly and objectively interpret peoples' remarks. Also, I don't defend or excuse any personal attacks on these kids but at the same time, I don't have much sympathy for Hogg either considering that he says things like "They're pathetic fuckers who want to see more kids killed."

I have to ask; in your personal opinion, how did Hogg interpret her remarks?

Forum List

Back