Victory Indeed!

Kathianne said:
Nope, I'll still be impressed with the people. With the man that held up his voting receipt and said it was a bullet to the terrorists.

To the woman who held up her ink stained finger and said to the effect it was for the future of her country.

To the thousands of Iraqi voting monitors who showed up, when the UN was too afraid to send in monitors, in spite of being known targets of the terrorists.

Of the Iraqi military and police, who were the first and second line of defense, who kept all the suicide bombers outside of the polling places.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was belittling the achievement. This is an unqualified success. It reflects great credit on the administration, certainly the military and on the Iraqis who voted.

What I am saying is that it's not time to break out the party hats and champagne and start celebrating. To put this situation in military terms, this is the same as when a unit has won a battle and driven the enemy from their objective. The first thing we do next is prepare for a counter-attack. You don't stop and celebrate, because if you do, you will soon have your ass handed to you.

This is where we are in the Iraqi situation. We need to prepare for the counter-attack because one is certainly coming. And we need to prepare our next move. We need to force the terrorists to respond to our actions instead of having us respond to theirs.

So while this is indeed a momentous day in Iraq, it is not the end of the process. It is only the end of the beginning.

Merlin1047 said:
I didn't mean to sound as if I was belittling the achievement. This is an unqualified success. It reflects great credit on the administration, certainly the military and on the Iraqis who voted.

What I am saying is that it's not time to break out the party hats and champagne and start celebrating. To put this situation in military terms, this is the same as when a unit has won a battle and driven the enemy from their objective. The first thing we do next is prepare for a counter-attack. You don't stop and celebrate, because if you do, you will soon have your ass handed to you.

This is where we are in the Iraqi situation. We need to prepare for the counter-attack because one is certainly coming. And we need to prepare our next move. We need to force the terrorists to respond to our actions instead of having us respond to theirs.

So while this is indeed a momentous day in Iraq, it is not the end of the process. It is only the end of the beginning.

I agree with you, wholeheartedly. That's the thing. Democracy is not a 'thing' but a 'process'. It is never done, just in process. In Iraq now, the process has begun. From inkstained fingers, to cement stained with blood, it's begun.

anyone listen to air america

they are just blasting the whole thing...it is a sham...illegal election...illegal war....blah blah blah

there is no making them people happy

manu1959 said:
anyone listen to air america

they are just blasting the whole thing...it is a sham...illegal election...illegal war....blah blah blah

there is no making them people happy

I keep telling you Manu, 'Blinded by the dark.' They are talking themselves into oblivian, we will all pay the price.

Kathianne said:
I keep telling you Manu, 'Blinded by the dark.' They are talking themselves into oblivian, we will all pay the price.

it is wild...i have friends that belive it like it was a religion

Merlin1047 said:

You are right Merlin , it isn't over and I think most of us know it . I do know that the images I saw and the words I heard from some of our guys that have taken a huge part in this , makes me want to celebrate and congratulate the Iraqi people for having the will to do what a lot in our country take for granted .

Mostly I want to let our soldiers know that you are all the BEST and should be filled with pride because none of this would have happened without the outstanding work you guys have done . Your courage and sacrifice will go into the history books as being responsible for the freedom of 50,000,000 people . GOD bless you all. . . stay strong and safe and come home soon , your country is very proud of you . :thup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:

Now go kick some more ass! :D

Forum List

Back